Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-28-06, 04:29 AM   #1
Son Goku

Default IE 7 and Flash

About flash player, what did anyone do? I ask, cause in IE 7, flash isn't displaying properly now, and in trying to install the player, it comes up as unknown platform. OK, understandable, so I went in to make a suggestion under Windows as the OS, and when I clicked IE, it automatically showed the page for

Quote:
Browser: Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, and CompuServe
Mind you, it selected this, regardless of whether I clicked the like for IE (which it is), or the other, so I suspect some auto-detection is going on, and perhaps with some of the features like tabbed browsing, it's incorrectly assuming it's Mozilla/FireFox... Can't seem to force it to install the IE plugin for flash...

Did anyone put Flash support under IE 7, and if so, how did you go about installing it?

thx
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-06, 09:49 PM   #2
grey_1

Default Re: IE 7 and Flash

Hi, I just re-installed ie 7 beta 2 on a fresh format and all flash animations are playing smoothly.
Old 03-29-06, 11:49 PM   #3
Son Goku

Which version did you grab? And did it try to make you download the Mozilla one instead of the IE one? Perhaps that would work better with ver. 7, though it does seem kinda wrong given IE is not FireFox, Mozilla, or whatever...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 07:16 PM   #4
grey_1

I'm wondering if I misunderstood you. I dl'd the ie7 beta 2 version and nothing else. So far all flash animations seem good, although I still use firefox more than half the time.