Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-03-06, 12:26 AM   #1
omega_shadow

Default X Server Crash?

I know there is a thread for this (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...=xserver+crash) but I cant make heads or tails from the so called solutions

Basicaly Xserver "hangs", most of the time after opening a graphic filled page in firefox. I have attempted different kernels and different drivers. Me and my buddy have been working on this problem for a month now. I have made a nvidia log with all the information below.

If anyone knows a solution to this problem please spell it out for me. When it comes to linux I am still somewhat of a n00b.

Thanx
Attached Files
File Type: zip logfile.zip (21.4 KB, 156 views)
omega_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 09:20 AM   #2
omega_shadow

Default Re: X Server Crash?

Please, you guys are my last hope before I am forced to abandon using 3d acceleration in Linux
Old 04-05-06, 09:46 AM   #3
pffft!

I have recently installed the Nvidia drivers on a system that has the same great VIA chipset as yours. My killer app was Firefox too. It obviously was caused by data corruption on the AGP. Going from 4x to 2x solved it. If you can't set this in your BIOS, see the README for other means. Hope this helps.
pffft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 12:01 AM   #4
omega_shadow

That seems to have did it. Graphics speed took quite a noticeable hit. Thankfully this isn't going to be a gaming/graphic intensive rig, just something secure for my GF to serf the web, check e-mail, and listen to music with. Thank You.