Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-03-06, 10:33 AM   #1
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Default Is there anyone playing Guildwars FActions?

I have been amazed by how uninpressive the latest trailers of factions . it looks like the developers are trying to emulate the rainbow look of World of warcraft with their latest expansion.. a Graphics Style i really dislike. and to make things worse it look like their main focus with faction is more PvP than its Roleplay part. THe majority of their marketing material have been focused to the PvP in the game. using contest to promote PvP in the game.I think this is a Plain Wrong on their part. Pvp should be a Bonus in the game NOt its main feature. i dont think other ROleplaying games online (called MMOs)are so hot in sales because of its PvP features. For PVP the original game already have more than enough action and 2 new players will not make enough diference to justify the purchase of what they call a "new game". but in reality looks more like an small upgrade and expansion to the original game.

Im somewhate amazed about the near zero disussion of faction in any forum , I dont have the game yet ,and most likely will buy it ,just for the sake of curiosity.but still wondering is the game as a sequel is as unimpresive as it seems. It seems to me by looking at the trailers ,and and many of the latest screenshots that faction was originally planned as free expansion pack , or a cheaper one ,and that the project was made by third party developers hired ,(since the quality of the graphics looks diferent) to allow the real developers to work on a bigger project in a new engine.

Any comments?

Last edited by Nv40; 05-03-06 at 10:57 AM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 12:19 PM   #2
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Is there anyone playing Guildwars FActions?

hmmm.. you seem to be the only one who missed that yes, guild wars is mostly a pvp game. Its been targeting pvp since day 1 of its design.
jeffmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 11:02 PM   #3
tgll99
*BANNED*

It seems pretty
tgll99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-06, 12:36 AM   #4
supra
2JZ powered

Send a message via MSN to supra

i had it pre ordered and everything ans was playing it full on for about 4 days then i got sick of it. (not factions but guildwars in general).

i havent played much but so far so good. looks awesome

will get back into it though
Old 06-08-06, 05:04 PM   #5
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Yeah I play faction, and its ok. I did not really expect any revolutionary changes, but I like it. Its fun. My guild is alliance with four other guilds, and I like the new Kurtzick 15k Armor and the new monsters seem a bit more chalenging when you get more into the game. There are few things they ciould have improved, like some of the quests or missions are pretty repetitive, like go to this spot , then go to the next spot and tadaaa... I think they could have made it more interesting by putting some kind of story line into the quests...
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-06, 12:40 PM   #6
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior

Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy

I play Factions because it's free to play online with friends. If this were something that I would have to pay monthly for, then I would never have bought it. I just wish Auto Assault was free to play as well. That looks like it would be a blast to play with my buds.
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote