Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-06, 06:49 AM   #1
Soralink

Default Help! Hall of Epochs glitch (Final Thief Guild Mission)

Hello. I am doing the Big Heist mission for the thief guild, and I am in the Hall of Epochs. In the previous room I was in, I had the same problem (I had to activate a switch to open a iron door, but it didn't work right so I had to save and turn my XBOX 360 off briefly) and I'm having the same problem again. I've hit both switches in the Hall of Epochs to try and lower the walls so I can use the Arrow of Extracition, but there seems the be a bug, and they wont open! When I check the gate it says nothing..but it SHOULD say "The gate is opened remotely" ... please help.. any suggestions? Thank You!
Soralink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 07:05 AM   #2
St Lobus

Send a message via ICQ to St Lobus
Default Re: Help! Hall of Epochs glitch (Final Thief Guild Mission)

There's a thread in the Oblivion forums that talks about this bug. Apparently it effects both the PC and the 360 version, but the PC players can simply no clip through. For us 360 users, though, it's a bit more of a pain.

First you have to save right before hitting the switch. Then press the guide button and go back to the dashboard. Sign completely out of your profile, then select Play Game to load Oblivion back up. Once loaded, select your profile, and then select Continue. Since your last save should be right at the switch, hit it and continue.

It's really annoying and has followed me through the game since the main ruins you have to find in the Main Quest. I really hope Bethesda fixes it.
Old 04-05-06, 07:13 AM   #3
Soralink

Default Re: Help! Hall of Epochs glitch (Final Thief Guild Mission)

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Lobus
There's a thread in the Oblivion forums that talks about this bug. Apparently it effects both the PC and the 360 version, but the PC players can simply no clip through. For us 360 users, though, it's a bit more of a pain.

First you have to save right before hitting the switch. Then press the guide button and go back to the dashboard. Sign completely out of your profile, then select Play Game to load Oblivion back up. Once loaded, select your profile, and then select Continue. Since your last save should be right at the switch, hit it and continue.

It's really annoying and has followed me through the game since the main ruins you have to find in the Main Quest. I really hope Bethesda fixes it.
Thanks a bunch, but which switch do I save at? The first switch (to open the door) or the second switch (to open the walls) ? Thanks.
Soralink is offline   Reply With Quote