Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-06, 10:28 PM   #1
deadman_uk

Question Importing .fg files (FaceGen Modeller) into Oblivion?

Hi all, I'm new here and I don't actually have Oblivion on my PC. My 9800pro is damaged, causing major artifacts in 3d applications. I did manage to install Oblivion on my dads computer and it runs fine on medium detail. I ordered a 7900GT and new motherboard today so I should be able to play Oblivion in the next few weeks.

I am new to the Elder Scrolls series and love Oblivion. I noticed you can spend a lot of time creating your character at the start. I have a program installed called FaceGen Modeller 3.1.2 and I understand this program was used to create the faces in Oblivion... am I correct?

I have made many faces in FaceGen (purely for learning purposes) such as Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and many random male faces I found on Google. I am quite impressed with FaceGen, it is really a clever peice of software. Now my question... I can save faces I created in FaceGen as .fg files but is it possible to import these into Oblivion? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help!
deadman_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 12:05 AM   #2
OWA

Default Re: Importing .fg files (FaceGen Modeller) into Oblivion?

I don't know the answer but it would be cool if you can do that. If you find out you can do it, you'll have to post the faces you've collected. That would be fun to play around with.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 08:21 AM   #3
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

As of right now, you cannot import facegen files into Oblivion. The best you can do is compare the sliders and make them about the same. The sliders in both programs are almost exactly the same so I'm sure you can get them close. I'm sure in the future we will see some type of mod for this though.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 10:08 AM   #4
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Have you tried using the construction set ? It uses a much better point and click interface to adjust the facial features rather than the sliders. I remeber there was a method to open savegames inside the editor but I might be wrong
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 04:40 PM   #5
deadman_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I don't know the answer but it would be cool if you can do that. If you find out you can do it, you'll have to post the faces you've collected. That would be fun to play around with.
Sure I'll share the faces I made with you all if I can get this to work with Oblivion, no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
As of right now, you cannot import facegen files into Oblivion. The best you can do is compare the sliders and make them about the same. The sliders in both programs are almost exactly the same so I'm sure you can get them close. I'm sure in the future we will see some type of mod for this though.
Oh really? Adjusting each slider would take ages but if this is the only way, then so be it. Could someone make a mod for this? I know there are some very skilled people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msxyz
Have you tried using the construction set ? It uses a much better point and click interface to adjust the facial features rather than the sliders. I remeber there was a method to open savegames inside the editor but I might be wrong
I only have FaceGen modeller, I dont have the contruction set. Can you give me a free download link for it? Or maybe you have it yourself and you would be so kind to send me a copy?
deadman_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 05:42 PM   #6
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

It may be downloaded directly through www.elderscrolls.com