Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-07-06, 03:39 PM   #1
t6_shadow
The all knowing

Default Curing Vampirism

Is there anyway to cure vampirism? Apperenlty I contracted the disease in the game while on the grey prince quest it would have been nice if you know they had used a icon to actually TELL me that I had the disease. Anyways I am a vampire now is there anyway to become human again? I don't have any save files far enough back to save myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't about angels but its fear that gives men wings.
- Max Payne

Give him a gun and hes superman. Give him two and hes god.
- Superintendent Pang, Hard boiled

The rig that brings the pain:
Intel p4 2.0 Ghz
1024 megs o ram at pc2100
Asus p4sgx-mx mobo
GIGABYTE geforce 6600gt AGP
60 gig ata 100 Hard drive
48X24X48 lite on Burner
DVD rom drive
t6_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 03:55 PM   #2
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Default Re: Curing Vampirism

There is a quest to find a cure but I dont know much about it.

Do you have any saves as far back as before your last rest? As far as I know, you dont contract vampirism on the spot. You first get a common disease from the vampires (can never remember what its called... something hemosomething) and then when you sleep with that disease, you get bitten in the night.

So if you have any saves from before you slept, you might be able to go back to there.

At that point you can just use a simple cure disease potion.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 04:20 PM   #3
t6_shadow
The all knowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
There is a quest to find a cure but I dont know much about it.

Do you have any saves as far back as before your last rest? As far as I know, you dont contract vampirism on the spot. You first get a common disease from the vampires (can never remember what its called... something hemosomething) and then when you sleep with that disease, you get bitten in the night.

So if you have any saves from before you slept, you might be able to go back to there.

At that point you can just use a simple cure disease potion.

Sadly I just use about 10 saved files or so. This wouldn't have been a problem if you know the game some how ****ing TOLD ME I had the ******* diease. I found the quest for the cure and its complete ****ing bull****. Its super long just to get rid of something I never wanted in the first place! I had to stop playing before I smashed my xbox in pure fury.

I don't about angels but its fear that gives men wings.
- Max Payne

Give him a gun and hes superman. Give him two and hes god.
- Superintendent Pang, Hard boiled

The rig that brings the pain:
Intel p4 2.0 Ghz
1024 megs o ram at pc2100
Asus p4sgx-mx mobo
GIGABYTE geforce 6600gt AGP
60 gig ata 100 Hard drive
48X24X48 lite on Burner
DVD rom drive
t6_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 12:46 AM   #4
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

go to any chapel to begin the quest. also, if u search on yahoo, ' How to cure vampirism in Oblivion? ' theres a mod that adds a potion for it in the dark brotherhood sanctuary in the Mysterious Chest. there is a key in the sanctuary sumwhere for it that im trying to find. the actual quest to cure vamprism is toguh because i dont know how to clear the souls out of the grand soul gems. and your right, its a huge pain. thyey could at least make the quest easy like getting 1 grand soul gem and few ingredients u can buy. and talking to a thousand ppl to it b4 u get to the witch is gay. o well i still love the game 2 death
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 02:03 AM   #5
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by t6_shadow
Sadly I just use about 10 saved files or so. This wouldn't have been a problem if you know the game some how ****ing TOLD ME I had the ******* diease. I found the quest for the cure and its complete ****ing bull****. Its super long just to get rid of something I never wanted in the first place! I had to stop playing before I smashed my xbox in pure fury.
Actually the game tells you when you contract disease. And if you miss the message, you can always check your status report page to see if your stats are altered and why. Useful because some opponents use some permanent altering curses/magic/poisons too.

You've 3 days from catching the disease to becoming a vampire. And never, ever enter a vampire lair without a potion of cure disease in your inventory. Even if you are not sure if you catched porphiric emophilia, when you exit the den, you can drink a potion and be sure you won't turn into a vampire.

Back to your original question, you need 5 garlic pieces and some two more ingredients which are almost only found in Oblivion planes (thus if you already finished the main quest you're pretty much framed). Atop of this, you'll need a lot of greater soul gems, which may be tricky to find because, as any other loot in the game, they're random and levelled items, thus they won't be found at early levels.