Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-09-06, 01:46 AM   #13
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Default Re: The most overhyped games...

I would say half life 2 and fear.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 06:22 AM   #14
|MaguS|

Halo 1 and 2...

I would also say EQ2 and WoW, They both were hyped up as the next coming of MMORPGs but are very generic and simplistic. No depth in either...

I don't agree with Half-Life 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 being there. MGS2 had an amazing story and gameplay (sure there was too much story but it was great) and HL2 was just a great followup to HL1, it kept the same atmosphere and tempo of the original.

Im going by Hyped and not living up to it.
Old 04-09-06, 06:42 AM   #15
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Oblivion was probably the most hyped game I've seen recently, but it lived up to my expectations.
You must have had very low expectations, then

On every aspect of that game they underdeliverd what they promised.

Stealth system, AI and worst of all they prmoiused and RPG and we got an hack'n'slash adventure
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 06:49 AM   #16
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Metal Gear Solid 2 pwned everything else until Metal Gear Solid 2... I get tired of you people bitching about Raiden... clearly you didn't understand the storyline one bit.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 07:10 AM   #17
Capt. Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhjr77
Just over hyped. Forget let down parts.

I want to add:

Diablo 2
Warcraft III (never played since I can't play an RTS to save my life)
What do you mean Diablo 2 was overhyped? It deserved and lived up to every bit of hype it got.
Old 04-09-06, 07:18 AM   #18
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Metal Gear Solid 2 pwned everything else until Metal Gear Solid 2... I get tired of you people bitching about Raiden... clearly you didn't understand the storyline one bit.
Thank You!

The only part of the game that didn't live up to the hype was that fact that you didn't play as Snake the second half the of the game but other then that it lived up to everything it promised.
Old 04-09-06, 07:18 AM   #19
Knot3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Well, MGS2 was overhyped imo. MGS4 has the same overhype potential, but somehow i think it has more chance to truly deliver.

I'm staying with one single 1900XTX to keep a possible PS3 budget....
Old 04-09-06, 07:21 AM   #20
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D
Well, MGS2 was overhyped imo. MGS4 has the same overhype potential, but somehow i think it has more chance to truly deliver.

I'm staying with one single 1900XTX to keep a possible PS3 budget....
But ZOH EM GEE TEH RAIDEN IS TOTILY IN MGSFOUR!@#!@ IT IS DUMED!

Old 04-09-06, 07:22 AM   #21
|MaguS|

Ho was it over hyped? Other then not playing as snake throughout most of the game, what aspect of the game did not live up to the hype? Was the story not as deep and confusing as the original? Was the new features and mechanics not implemented as promised?
Old 04-09-06, 07:32 AM   #22
Knot3D

The previews & demo gave everybody the impression MGS2 would be straight foward immersive like MGS1.

The final MGS2 SOL Plant chapter proved to be a bland non immersive repetitive
gameworld (monotonous orange BigShell) with over the top character plot twists which went beyond MGS1's 80's spy movie-like structure, where such things were within limits & context.

The AI Campbell screams "Turn off the game console right now !" to Raiden in Arsenal Gear. That's adding insult to injury when it comes to this game being the opposite of game immersion.

The ending dialogue with Solidus, the AI and Snake is genius though. It JUST saves the game, heheh.

MGS4 will be MGS2's true successor, so I'm having high hopes. (Raiden's said to be styled 'more cool')
Old 04-09-06, 07:42 AM   #23
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D
The previews & demo gave everybody the impression MGS2 would be straight foward immersive like MGS1.

The final MGS2 SOL Plant chapter proved to be a bland non immersive repetitive
gameworld (monotonous orange BigShell) with over the top character plot twists which went beyond MGS1's 80's spy movie-like structure, where such things were within limits & context.

The AI Campbell screams "Turn off the game console right now !" to Raiden in Arsenal Gear. That's adding insult to injury when it comes to this game being the opposite of game immersion.

The ending dialogue with Solidus, the AI and Snake is genius though. It JUST saves the game, heheh.

MGS4 will be MGS2's true successor, so I'm having high hopes. (Raiden's said to be styled 'more cool')
The AI Campbell part had its purpose... and don't whine about "immersion"...
Does this... immerse you?

"BEEP BEEP (my codec sound). Snake, press the TRIANGLE BUTTON to climb down the LADDER. PHEWP (ok the codec closing sounds nothing like that but you get it)"?

or

"Its on the back of the CD case!"?
Old 04-09-06, 09:34 AM   #24
Grechie