Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-09-06, 09:28 PM   #1
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Whats an easy way to copy a DVD to my hard drive?

I'm not going to burn it, I just want to play it from my hard drive. Whats a good free program for that, or is there another easy way?

Thanks
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-09-06, 09:48 PM   #2
Clay

Default Re: Whats an easy way to copy a DVD to my hard drive?

You mean like Daemon Tools? You can mount ISO files, that's all I've ever used it for but I'm sure other folks here can chime in with more info about it.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 09:49 PM   #3
AthlonXP1800

Here is one freeware called ImgBurn that can create DVD image, copy and burn DVD.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 02:36 PM   #4
rewt
mmm, Beer.. :drooling:

Try Smart Ripper, DVD Shrink, and/or DVD Decrypter to decrypt it to your hard drive. Most of these tools are freely available and can be obtained from http://www.filehippo.com/software/dvd/. You can then play the DVD from hard disk with software such as PowerDVD or Media Player Classic.

Please be aware it is illegal to make copies so long as you do not own the original DVD!
Athlon64 Venice 3000+ @ 2.6GHz (4100+) · Win XP Pro x86, Vista Ultimate x64 · eVGA K8-NF41 nForce4 SLi · Corsair XMS 1.5GB PC3200 CAS2/1T · eVGA 2x 6600GT SLi · Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe · Western Digital Caviar SE ½TB RAID 0/1 · PowerLink LPK2-30 400W · LiteON LDW-411S OC to 811S 8x DVD±R/RW/ROM · MicroAdvantage 64MB QuickiDrive · Samsung SyncMaster 931B 19" LCD · Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse USB · Sony PSXtoUSB Analog Gamepads · Memorex MX2700 Multimedia Keyboard · Lexmark 3200 Color Jetprinter · nForce Network Controller 1Gb/s LAN (Cable ~3Mb/s down) · ΩPioneer Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound

Last edited by rewt; 04-10-06 at 03:45 PM.
rewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 04:49 PM   #5
bknblk
Filthy Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewt
Try Smart Ripper, DVD Shrink, and/or DVD Decrypter to decrypt it to your hard drive. Most of these tools are freely available and can be obtained from http://www.filehippo.com/software/dvd/. You can then play the DVD from hard disk with software such as PowerDVD or Media Player Classic.

Please be aware it is illegal to make copies so long as you do not own the original DVD!
Please be aware that it is never legal to utilize utilities such as Smart Ripper or DVD Decrypter to defeat CSS if it is present. This is true whether you own the DVD or not. Smart Ripper is not even permitted in the US, unless you lie about the location you are downloading from. Again, Fair Use does not apply to CSS protected DVDs. That being said, DVD Decrypter is the best tool for creating an image of a DVD for mounting on a virtual drive, such as Daemon Tools and viewing in this manner.
The whole idea of a Palestinian nation and a Palestinian people is an invention of Arab propaganda. Arafat was himself an Egyptian. The only people to have lived continuously on the land from time immemorial are Jews. So many others have conquered, ruled, thrived and ultimately perished there that the list would take hundreds of pages. A mere sample would include: Byzantines, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Circassians, Kurds, Abbassids (Iraqis), Egyptians, Kharezmians (Genghis Khan), Mamluks, Mongols, Latins (Crusaders), Ottomans, French and English.

It is not and never was Palestinian land.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."....Ronald Reagan

"You guys are still crying about Fox News? Damn you little sandy vagina metro sexual emos need to grow a pair of balls."....UDawg(FTMFW)
bknblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 05:34 PM   #6
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

You're not allowed to back-up dvd's up for protection ? Nice how they take more and more rights away from us. Well, you Americans anyway.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 05:46 PM   #7
bknblk
Filthy Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty
You're not allowed to back-up dvd's up for protection ? Nice how they take more and more rights away from us. Well, you Americans anyway.
Haha, it's not my fault Nutty. It is a very silly contridiction if you ask me, as Fair Use allows for the creation of one archival copy of digital media rightfully owned, but then cracking CSS on your own disc is illegal. Screwy, Huh?
The whole idea of a Palestinian nation and a Palestinian people is an invention of Arab propaganda. Arafat was himself an Egyptian. The only people to have lived continuously on the land from time immemorial are Jews. So many others have conquered, ruled, thrived and ultimately perished there that the list would take hundreds of pages. A mere sample would include: Byzantines, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Circassians, Kurds, Abbassids (Iraqis), Egyptians, Kharezmians (Genghis Khan), Mamluks, Mongols, Latins (Crusaders), Ottomans, French and English.

"You guys are still crying about Fox News? Damn you little sandy vagina metro sexual emos need to grow a pair of balls."....UDawg(FTMFW)
Old 04-10-06, 06:08 PM   #8
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Yeah DRM stuff is lame. I bought a cd a while back that wouldn't even play on my pc. I dont even own a hi-fi, so how the heck was I meant to listen to it ?

I sent it back and downloaded it instead..
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-06, 06:31 PM   #9
rewt
mmm, Beer.. :drooling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknblk
Please be aware that it is never legal to utilize utilities such as Smart Ripper or DVD Decrypter to defeat CSS if it is present. This is true whether you own the DVD or not. Smart Ripper is not even permitted in the US, unless you lie about the location you are downloading from. Again, Fair Use does not apply to CSS protected DVDs. That being said, DVD Decrypter is the best tool for creating an image of a DVD for mounting on a virtual drive, such as Daemon Tools and viewing in this manner.
Then how is it that tools like AnyDVD and CloneDVD can still make it in today's market? What are they doing differently than all the other companies that got shut down?
Athlon64 Venice 3000+ @ 2.6GHz (4100+) · Win XP Pro x86, Vista Ultimate x64 · eVGA K8-NF41 nForce4 SLi · Corsair XMS 1.5GB PC3200 CAS2/1T · eVGA 2x 6600GT SLi · Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe · Western Digital Caviar SE ½TB RAID 0/1 · PowerLink LPK2-30 400W · LiteON LDW-411S OC to 811S 8x DVD±R/RW/ROM · MicroAdvantage 64MB QuickiDrive · Samsung SyncMaster 931B 19" LCD · Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse USB · Sony PSXtoUSB Analog Gamepads · Memorex MX2700 Multimedia Keyboard · Lexmark 3200 Color Jetprinter · nForce Network Controller 1Gb/s LAN (Cable ~3Mb/s down) · ΩPioneer Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound

Last edited by rewt; 04-10-06 at 06:56 PM.
rewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 10:31 PM   #10
bknblk
Filthy Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewt
Then how is it that tools like AnyDVD and CloneDVD can still make it in today's market? What are they doing differently than all the other companies that got shut down?
Clone DVD was sold by ELBY as soon as they felt some heat. There are many utilities for copying DVDs available that will crack the CSS. That doesn't make it any more legal. How they stay under the radar is not something I really have given much consideration to, but what I have stated is fact and can easily be verified as such.

Old 04-10-06, 11:40 PM   #11
The Bigman
Power User

America bites when it comes to stuff like this u wanna put your DVD's on your laptop for viewing when on airplanes or at the office to prevent disk swapping but no the US goverment says no no bad boy well, what are you ganna do these days.
The Bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-06, 07:13 PM   #12
Infinity666
Yeah I like vw's so what?

Send a message via AIM to Infinity666 Send a message via MSN to Infinity666

you dont need any program to copy the files just copy paste to a folder on your hardrive then play using a player that recognises .vob files such as windvd or vlc->http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

And if you wanted to compress and then burn it dvdshrink->http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/dvdshrink32setup.zip

.....\____
..../__|__\___
....\(o)___(o)/
Infinity666 is offline   Reply With Quote