Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-03, 08:29 AM   #1
Onde Pik
Thrakhath nar Kiranka

Default Hey GR Talkin, whats with all the propaganda??

Ok I first noticed it in your first news post, debating a flash movie that has already been talked alot about in the forums. You insinuate that Visiontek is an ATI partner and that ATI partners are scared of GFFX, even though nobody really knows if Visiontek is partner to ANYBODY after they had to turn the key. And they have little if anything to do with ANY of the other ATI partners.

When I saw the source was chipset3d, I thought "Oh Good riddence, this is just a quote from some wierdo who has extensive Nvidia fanboy attitude." But when I looked it actually occured to me that u wrote this your self.

Oh well, I didnt really care much. Its your first news post and stuff.

Now you post a "story" about how techsupport ROCKS with one Nvidia partner and how u think it really sucks at ATI. And I simply had to write something in ur guys feedback section. And u end the "news" post with a mocking and pretty lame(IMO) line like "Whose card ya you gonna buy now?".

If this was posted in the forum, I would have rolled my eyes. But seriously do you really believe it is fitting on the front page??? I mean, the 2 first news posts you make... both shortly after starting here both look verymuch like a petty persons post who has a grudge against somebody.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-02-03, 08:43 AM   #2
Indog

Agreed 100%, I was just about to type up basically the same thing. If you want to compare tech support, you better cover each ATI partner, Hercules, Sapphire, Crucial etc. Choosing two card vendors tech support and comparing them, that's silly. I agree that 24/7 tech support is nice (but notice they don't claim anywhere that it's 365....), but IMHO they will eventually realize like every other company that supporting for free indefinitely isn't financially feasible.

On the run? If I'm an ATI partner, I'm not scared with the relatively poor GFFX reviews and the R350 coming out soon. Misleading? You mean someone could have their volume too low and not get an idea about how loud the dusbuster really is right? See, you have to think about these things from all angles.

Both of those front page posts reek of fanboyism, not journalism.
Old 02-02-03, 09:17 AM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indog
Both of those front page posts reek of fanboyism, not journalism.
I agree. But I have to take issue with the following, which from what I gather (after reading through your godawful rambling) is from a review you did:

Quote:
Of significant note here is the perfect 10 scored for performance. We don't just hand out 10s for no reason. The MX 440 configuration is the most potent card for the buck we have ever looked at.
Do I take this to mean you gave a 10/10 score to a GeForce4 MX? I have to ask what you were smoking when you did that and where the rest of us can get some.
Old 02-02-03, 09:34 AM   #4
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
Do I take this to mean you gave a 10/10 score to a GeForce4 MX? I have to ask what you were smoking when you did that and where the rest of us can get some.
So? If he/she likes the GF4MX that much then why shouldn't he/she give it a 10/10?
Remember, you are dealing with peoples opinions.

Attacking opinions is never a good idea.
Old 02-02-03, 10:13 AM   #5
PreservedSwine
I'm always hungry

At least ATI has a phone number for support.

I dare you to find Nvidia's customer support phone#.

As far as I can tell, Nvidia doesn't even give you the opportunity to call them.

*insert Paul Harvey*

.....And that's........... the rest of the story.....
Old 02-02-03, 10:20 AM   #6
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by PreservedSwine
At least ATI has a phone number for support.

I dare you to find Nvidia's customer support phone#.

As far as I can tell, Nvidia doesn't even give you the opportunity to call them.
Because NVIDIA's not the one who makes the cards. Gainward, Abit, Asus, et al do so they're the ones who need to provide support. If ATI didn't make cards as well, then that would be a valid arguement.

Quote:
Attacking opinions is never a good idea.
Then I'd like to see the review in its entirety so I can offer feedback/criticism/whatever. I'm having a hard time seeing how someone could give a perfect score to a card that's nothing more than a glorified GeForce2, especially when cards like the GeForce3 Ti200 were available that were in most cases faster than the 4 MX, while supporting programmable shaders and the like. It's all part of the journalistic cycle - the writers/reviewer report, the readers react with however they feel.
Old 02-02-03, 10:23 AM   #7
DaveBaumann

When B3D posters have accused NVNEW’s of being biased against ATI Mike has protested that the news does cover a broad base, with both the ‘good’ and the ‘bad’ for all vendors. However, with news posts like these one has to question whether he’s really serious about that, as it’s obvious the posts are incredibly slanted.

IMO Mike needs to take stock and ask what he’s really trying to run here. If it’s an NVIDIA fan site, then fine, these type of posts are part and parcel of the equation I guess, and NVNEW’s will take the flack for it on other sites. If he’s really serious about running news that doesn’t offer a blatant slant in one direction then, IMO, he needs to look for News posters that can offer a less slanted outlook on the industry.
Old 02-02-03, 10:26 AM   #8
PreservedSwine
I'm always hungry

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
[b] If ATI didn't make cards as well, then that would be a valid arguement.

[b]
Ahh, so you've seen the light. It *is* an invalid comparison. It's simply not an apples to apples comparison. How can one blast ATI charging/minute, when Nvidia doesn't even make cards? I do think it's pretty lame of ATI to do so, but, to bow before Nvidia b/c of this is absurd.

You may as well bow before all of ATI's 3rd party manufactureres as well.

Any reason the author didn't mention that?

EDIT: Also, had to add, this guy gave a Geforce4MX 10 out of 10, and called it the best bang for the buck.<------speechless

Old 02-02-03, 10:58 AM   #9
Venom

I completely agree with Onde Pik. He's the definition of an Nvidiot (emphasis on idiot) and is a biased-worthless-newsposter. I've been at this site since the begining (was the 20th registered member of the original forum), and in only a matter of minutes he has posted the worst pieces of news I have ever seen at nvnews.net. Nice job :/

Can we have a news filter? I'd like to skip over the pure crap and actually read some real news. At least I can skip any review he writes, unless I feel I need some comical relief that day.
Old 02-02-03, 11:07 AM   #10
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I think some of you guys need to get out more, you are taking a bit of text to heart

Quote:
If he’s really serious about running news that doesn’t offer a blatant slant in one direction then, IMO, he needs to look for News posters that can offer a less slanted outlook on the industry.
And here you are giving the idea that every newsposter here just loves to bash other companies.

Please offer some proof to where I, Volt, the baron or anyone else for example has been constantly posting biased news? Can't find any proof?
Old 02-02-03, 11:09 AM   #11
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: Hey GR Talkin, whats with all the propaganda??

Quote:
Originally posted by Onde Pik
I mean, the 2 first news posts you make... both shortly after starting here both look verymuch like a petty persons post who has a grudge against somebody.
Coming from the guy who found humour in nvnews been hacked.....
Old 02-02-03, 11:11 AM   #12
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveBaumann
When B3D posters have accused NVNEW’s of being biased against ATI Mike has protested that the news does cover a broad base, with both the ‘good’ and the ‘bad’ for all vendors. However, with news posts like these one has to question whether he’s really serious about that, as it’s obvious the posts are incredibly slanted.

IMO Mike needs to take stock and ask what he’s really trying to run here. If it’s an NVIDIA fan site, then fine, these type of posts are part and parcel of the equation I guess, and NVNEW’s will take the flack for it on other sites. If he’s really serious about running news that doesn’t offer a blatant slant in one direction then, IMO, he needs to look for News posters that can offer a less slanted outlook on the industry.
Are you refering to this post:

Quote:
As my first story had me thinking about VisionTek, I was reminded of the fact that some of the good peeps from that very company had moved on and gotten BFG Technologies up and running. So, I decided to stop by BFG and take a peek around. One thing of major interest that I spied there was this…

1-866-BFGFIXX (1-866-234-3499)

Know what that is? It's BFG Technologies’ 24/7/365 Toll free tech support line for their NVIDIA based cards. Yep, no kidding. All day, any day. I assume that even means if you should crack into a Christmas present, find a BFG card and then run into a little spot of trouble getting it up and running, you can call ‘em and they'll be there. Sweet! Sucky for the guy or gal that has to pull that Cristams morning tech support shift but hey, so long as it ain’t me!

Now check this out...

$1.25 US per minute
900-733-2841
M-F 9AM-7PM EST

You know what that is?

I'll tell ya. It's ATI's version of customer care. Yep, after thirty days "ya gots ta pay, Boy". And, that is as cheap as it gets. Once your free (if yer lucky) 30 days is up you pay and it only goes up from that amount too. I guess they gotta raise some fundage for the driver team somehow!

Whose card ya you gonna buy now?