Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-03, 01:50 AM   #13
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

Quote:
Originally posted by KoalaX
Who has more respect? CNN or nV News?

Who has more Traffic? CNN or nV News?

Until you can answer that truthfully, post news only on the front page thank you...

This site is headed for the toilet...started when you went to a gen hardware site, and now you are all fanATIcs, no wonder NVIDIA didn't give you guys an FX

You tell me that there is never, ever, any single bit of bias in any reporting done by CNN or Reuters with a straight face, and I will give your opinion some merit.

Ohh..and BTW, I'd never buy an ATi product, so how am I a fanATIc?

I may not want a GF FX right now, but you never know what will come down the pipes in a year when my Ti4600 can't cut it anymore.
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 10:52 AM   #14
digitalwanderer

Default I am NOT trying to be insulting/argumentative/confrontational, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by intercede007
Ohh..and BTW, I'd never buy an ATi product, so how am I a fanATIc?
...this doesn't make you a fanATIc, but it would pretty much put you in the nVidiot category.

Piece-o-advice that took me a real long time to figure out; don't fall for the fanboy trap on either side, base you gaming budget on a product-by-product basis rather than any brandname loyalty. Both companies have their strong points, both companies have pulled their fair shair of cheap tricks...

...just get the best product for your needs and try and ignore the hype.

Honest, it's what I do now and I've never been happier. I started off a hopeless fanATIc until I picked up me Silura GF2 MX400, then my eyes were opened that I'd been limiting meself for too long.

I game on a GF3 (240/530) right now because I like how it games a lot better than me 8500 (320/320). It benches 1,000 onions or so lower, but who the f-ck cares? Benchies got their place and I probably like them better than most folks, but I want a card in me box that I can FRAG with more than anything else!

I'm not currently gaming with me GF3 or 8500, I got a loaner to review that I'm behind on the review on due to some pesonal family issues. (My dog is sick...actually she's old and on her final days and I'm not letting anything distract me from the important things, but that's too depressing to get into right now. Let's leave it at "family issues" ) I can't talk about the card I'm using 'til I get the review up, but it's impressing the HELL out of me with it's flat-out gaming abilities. (It cracked 10K on Bubble's for me too in 3dm2k1se playing around OCing it, so I got absolutely NO bichtes there either!) I'm returning it this weekend, but I plan to be buying one soon....I am just that impressed by it!

Too much babbling, but me point is still valid. Don't fall for the fanboy trap on either side, make up your own mind. Don't let the company PR & hype "ownerz" you!

EDITED BITS: I put "do" instead of "due" and just couldn't handle having to look at it...me mother was an English Prof before she turned to the darkside. (The real darkside...LAW! )

EDITED BITS II: "their" instead of "there". Damn, no more long posts for me when I'm still on me first pot-o-coffee!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Last edited by digitalwanderer; 01-29-03 at 10:56 AM.
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 11:06 AM   #15
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: I am NOT trying to be insulting/argumentative/confrontational, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Piece-o-advice that took me a real long time to figure out; don't fall for the fanboy trap on either side, base you gaming budget on a product-by-product basis rather than any brandname loyalty. Both companies have their strong points, both companies have pulled their fair shair of cheap tricks...
Dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding!!!!

The dig wins several dozen cookies!

The above is a lesson I've just learned myself. I'm just buying the best all-around piece of hardware for my machines.

BTW - you still can't spell. "shair?" I think you meant "share."
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 05:13 PM   #16
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

I fail to understand how my decision to reserve my hard earned cash for products I have complete confidence in labels me a fanboy?

I don't care about hype. I care about products that work for me. So far, every PC I've owned has had an nVidia product and I have yet to have a problem with one, and as long as nVidia makes products, I will continue to purchase them until something changes. One botched product cycle and a video card that didn't live up to the hype everyone created does not count as a failure in my book. The product works, the driver support is there, and I feel confident that if I bought it, I would be satisfied.

It's just like my cars. I've owned 4 Volkswagens and have no desire to buy another make. I've owned 2 Golfs, a Corrado and now a Jetta. They've all been spectacular and a blast to drive.
My next purchase is going to be another VW product; a Passat for my fiancee ( she drives a Camry now..boooooriiinnngggg )

I call that buying with confidence.

I'm not badmounthing ATi's products, I'm sure the 9700 is a wonderful card. I just don't want one in my machine.
Old 01-29-03, 05:55 PM   #17
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Talking

Quote:
Who has more respect? CNN or nV News?

Who has more Traffic? CNN or nV News?

Until you can answer that truthfully, post news only on the front page thank you...
Fox News

Quote:
This site is headed for the toilet...started when you went to a gen hardware site, and now you are all fanATIcs, no wonder NVIDIA didn't give you guys an FX
I have no quarrel with that statement
Old 01-29-03, 06:04 PM   #18
The Baron

Fox News? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-29-03, 06:27 PM   #19
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Our Alexa rating has shown continuous improvement since last September, making nV News more popular than ever.

Not having received a GeForce FX to preview is not an issue although you're trying to make it one. If it had been delivered to my residence last Friday, it wouldn't have done any good since I was vacationing in the Bahamas.

What makes it appear like we are heading for the toilet are forum members like yourself who have nothing constructive to offer and just come here to bitch.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-03, 06:49 PM   #20
intercede007
American

Old 01-30-03, 03:03 AM   #21
PsychoSy

Send a message via ICQ to PsychoSy Send a message via AIM to PsychoSy

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Fox News? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
JAWOHL!!!!

Fox's Pro-Republican spin lately has gotten me rather annoyed.
CNN licks too much Democratic ass but at least Capital Gang and Crossfire are entertaining.

I can not find any solid, spin-free, truth in American news.

I've now switched to BBC America for news.

Those Brits are no-holds-barred, usually are right down the middle, and truly call things down the middle. Plus, at least their journalistic quality isn't shackled as it is in here in the USA. The DMCA has silenced journalists for fear of prosecution and that is crazy.

As for KoalaX...ah, nevermind. Both Saturnotaku and MikeC took the words right of my mouth...and with less words that I would've used!
Old 01-30-03, 07:42 AM   #22
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

KoalaX, your crap is not needed nor wanted here. You are another retarded lamer who comes around thinking he is "l33t" flames a very popular and unbiased news site for no reason.

When your IQ exceeds your current post count please feel free to come back.

Quote:
I've now switched to BBC America for news.
I like the BBC for news, plus they also give us newsnight. News Night been one of those shows where they have a rather intelligent person bringing politicians onto the show to make asses about themselves.

Everytime they get asked a straight question they launch into some non relvant babble, I almost fall out of my bed at times

Last edited by vampireuk; 01-30-03 at 07:50 AM.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-03, 08:03 AM   #23
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Remember The Day Today?

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-03, 12:59 PM   #24
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I dont think I ever saw that, and if its American then I definatly have not