Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-04-06, 09:23 AM   #61
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: Condemned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdog
With a X2 4800+, dual 7800GTX 512mb sli on an Asus A8N32 with 2 gig of ram with settings @ 1600x1200 everything max, 4xAA and 16xAF with no soft shadows.....this game runs at 30fps!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

Come on what's the story. Is pc hardware just a freekin rip off or are games a freekin rip off. Seems like the only games my rig can turn over more than 80fps smoothly on are games that are years old. COD2 ran like crap, Oblivion runs like crap, Condemned runs like crap, and probably every new release from here on in will preforme craptacularly as well. (Quake 4 ran ok, but hey it's just 1 game). Probably need to buys games now and play them in 5 to 10 years time with a system that can run them at a reasonable frame rate.
Yeah same performance here , but with GTXs 256MB @16x12,2xAA,8xAF.
notice that condemend has lower res textures than FEAR & running in less than full screen (movie style or whatever its called).

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 10:42 AM   #62
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

try lowering that 16AF to 8 af and maybe the 4AA to 2AA. I ran fine at 1680x1050 2AA 8AF Softshadows on Everything maxed. I never even tried higher settings than that, but let me tell you everything was EXTREMELY smooth.

I will never understand why people want to use 16AF in a game that you rarely see 20 feet in front of you.....
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 01:24 PM   #63
diabolita23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
This could have been the ultimate ....if they had allowed your own usage of the forensic tools, and more clues.

Been waiting for a half decent forensics/mystery game, combined with this dark moody serial killer fest it would have been amazing.
Well, keep your hopes up, I heard they are working on a sequel to Condemned and that the forensic sections will be expanded.
diabolita23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 07:56 PM   #64
lowdog

WTF is with the part of the game where you have to jump down into the old swimming pool, once the lighting affects (white light) kicks in fps drop down to 5fps and the game becomes a phucking lag fest slide show. When all those zombie type guys attack while this lighting slide show is going on the game is totally unplayable.

Youd thing 2 x 7800GTX 512mb cards with a X2 4800+ would handle a crappy scene like this.......... but no!, the game just brings my system to it's gut, which is lower than it's knees.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Blue]C2D X6800@3.52Ghz-8800GTX@662 core-1512 shader clock-1026 mem bios flashed both water cooled-4gb Gskill HZ 6400-4 X 150gig Raptors raid0-Asus P5W64 WS Pro-Eizo ColorEdge CE240W-dualboot winxp pro/vista 64bit. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
lowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 12:29 PM   #65
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

are you using AA with softshadows on? That is a BIG no no. Pick one or the other. SoftShadows or AA. Your performace will be sky high then

I choose softshadows
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 09:26 PM   #66
lowdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
are you using AA with softshadows on? That is a BIG no no. Pick one or the other. SoftShadows or AA. Your performace will be sky high then

I choose softshadows
I think you missed my point from the above post. It's only in the area where you jump into the old swimming pool where you get the fancy white light show that the game lags out big time. I set all settings to low with no AA or AF or soft shadows and in that particular part of the game it made no difference....still 5fps and an unplayable slide show. Same thing happens when you fight that guy with all the metal bars in him, where you have to pull the metal rods out of him to weaken him. When yo get to the top level in that fight where the white light show happens again (kind of white sky with white flaming trees) the game drops to 5fps regardless of settings.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Blue]C2D X6800@3.52Ghz-8800GTX@662 core-1512 shader clock-1026 mem bios flashed both water cooled-4gb Gskill HZ 6400-4 X 150gig Raptors raid0-Asus P5W64 WS Pro-Eizo ColorEdge CE240W-dualboot winxp pro/vista 64bit. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
lowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 11:43 PM   #67
dwhjr77
The sign to rule them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdog
WTF is with the part of the game where you have to jump down into the old swimming pool, once the lighting affects (white light) kicks in fps drop down to 5fps and the game becomes a phucking lag fest slide show. When all those zombie type guys attack while this lighting slide show is going on the game is totally unplayable.

Youd thing 2 x 7800GTX 512mb cards with a X2 4800+ would handle a crappy scene like this.......... but no!, the game just brings my system to it's gut, which is lower than it's knees.

Guess you missed my thread "Tired of crappy game performance". The performance you're getting is no surprise.
iPod Classic 80GB Generation 6 Silver

GREED IS GOOD
dwhjr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-06, 12:01 AM   #68
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
(movie style or whatever its called).
Widescreen 16:9.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-06, 02:39 AM   #69
AdmiralHalsey..
Hands Across The Sky...

Whats really upsetting is how little appeal is left in pcgaming. The whole point is to see cutting edge graphics that few others can see, and have them perform well. Oblivion on 360 runs better AND looks better than on my 7900gt's, and I feel so freaking retarded for spending so much and getting so little. Some people here must have blinders on to think we're not getting shafted on game performance. All I can say is that Nvidia and ATI must have something planned for when pcgaming no longer becomes profitable for them, cause they're incredible profit margins [up to 50% on high end parts] are turning lots of people off to pcgaming, and the hardcore people can't support developers OR hardware makers by themselves. Sli is a major dissapointment, and so is everything else they've come up with recently. We're paying extra to play console ports, or games that are developed for the consoles, but released for pc first so we can feel "special", like half life 2 and doom3. Prices turn us off, and piracy turns game devs off BIGTIME, pcgaming has problems...

Hmm, this post was supposed to go in the "Tired of crappy games performance thread"...:[
Old 05-08-06, 02:48 PM   #70
diabolita23

I'm not going to complain about PC gaming. I just bought a new graphics card (Radeon x1900) and I have no complaints. But, I don't maintenance my own system, I get a smarter person to do it for me, so I couldn't complain if I tried. I played through Condemned again, managed to get all the dead birds - the extra footage suggests that there is indeed a sequel in the making - anyone know about that/get the same idea from the scenes?
diabolita23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-06, 08:01 PM   #71
Nitz Walsh

The thing is, these games aren't exactly performing great on the next-gen consoles either. Condemned chugs in many areas on the 360 as well, and Tomb Raider:Legends is far from flawless - it drops below 20fps (guess, but it's capped at 30 max and the segments with slowdown are _very_ apparent) many times from what I've played with it in the store kiosks.

Yeah, with SLI 7800/7900GTX's you should be getting better performance - never dropping below 30fps for starters. But seeing as these games hardly "blaze" on the system they're designed around (primarily), the indication seems to be is that the code is at least partly to blame - perhaps the majority of the reason. I mean for cripes sake, with Tomb Raider you're creating this engine largely to showcase the powerful GPU in the 360, and you struggle to maintain 30fps? That's just crap game design for pete's sake.

But yeah, I can image it would be damn frustrating to have 7800GTX's in SLI struggle to run games released recently that aren't exactly breaking boundaries with their visuals. That can be a sympton of a shrinking market, it's not just that store aisles are shrinking with respect to their stock of PC games, it's that PC ports receive less attention/A+ programmers, which in turn creates sloppy coding, which turns PC gamers off and towards consoles, etc - it's a vicous circle. (Edit: But geez - two 7800GTX's in SLI? Why did you ever feel that was a sensible purchase from a price-performance perspective?)

Save us, Vista! Save us!

(Whoops...wrong thread as well? )
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 08:53 PM   #72
Destroy

Resurrection time. Done waiting for #2 so bought this one.

Glad I did, great game on the cheap now. Very fast frame rates. Made me jump several times already. FOV is too zoomed in for my liking but the excellent sounds and atmosphere mostly makes it tolerable.

Any tips on combat? I can handle 2 guys ok at fighting but now the game is throwing 3 guys at me at once. Am I suppose to try and run? They seem much faster that me. Is it possible to sidestep dodge? So far I've been unable to, the enemies are darn quick.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote