Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-12-06, 04:59 PM   #13
OWA

Default Re: Official Tomb Raider: Legend Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin Presler
The controls are not sluggish like in TR-AOD, but they are so simplified with auto-grabbing ledges, auto targeting everything (the change target function didn't work at all) that the game is basically on auto-pilot for you.
How do you get it to auto-aim or target? I really need that with the gamepad I'm using. Actually, just auto-target would do for now.

Edit: Nevermind, figured out what I was doing wrong.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 05:05 PM   #14
Elvin Presler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
How do you get it to auto-aim or target? I really need that with the gamepad I'm using. Actually, just auto-target would do for now.

Edit: Nevermind, figured out what I was doing wrong.
LOL, how do you get it to STOP!?!? I could never get her to shoot the target I wanted. She would just randomly target one, not always the best or nearest one.

FYI, I love my Rumblepad 2, but I found this game to be much, much better on keyboard/mouse.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 05:21 PM   #15
The Boatman

The 1.1 patch is included with the US version as it removes the breast texture files, Eidos wouldn't release the game in the US with the files still in there.
Shuttle SN25P | Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego | Corsair 2GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS3.0 Kit (2x1GB) | Gigabyte nVidia 7800GT | Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA 8MB Cache | Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 120GB 1200JS SATA-II 8MB Cache | Shuttle CR40 Double Layer 16x DVD Writer (Black) | Sony 3.5 inch Floppy Disk Drive (Black)
The Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 05:25 PM   #16
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boatman
The 1.1 patch is included with the US version as it removes the breast texture files, Eidos wouldn't release the game in the US with the files still in there.
That's really disappointing. I don't mind the nipple patch but a lot of people said they changed more than that and I would have liked at least to be able to see the original content. Oh well, I think it still looks really good so I shouldn't complain. Besides, since I don't have the other version, it's not like I know what I'm missing.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 06:05 PM   #17
Marvel_us
FOOL!

I keep getting an error that says, "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000)."

Wth, the original disc is inserted. I reinstalled and still get the same thing. Anybody else have this problem?

EDIT: Fixed it. I had Oblivion still set in the control panel.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 06:07 PM   #18
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin Presler
The game took me 6 hours to complete, taking my time. Including the mansion and finding almost all secrets, it was 6:59 total played. So it is way, WAY short.

Gameplay was fairly bug free and enjoyable, but was nothing like a Tomb Raider game used to be. There are no difficult puzzles at all. All the movable objects and "puzzle" pieces pulsate with light, and you get these 2 annoying people constantly telling you what to do over voice com, so nothing is left for you to figure out on your own.

The controls are not sluggish like in TR-AOD, but they are so simplified with auto-grabbing ledges, auto targeting everything (the change target function didn't work at all) that the game is basically on auto-pilot for you.

I tried to drag the game out as long as I could to get the most enjoyment I could from it because I loved the old TR games, and still the credits were rolling 6 short hours after I installed the game. Literally. I installed it at 1 pm and it was over at 7 pm the same day.

There are only 6 levels that take from 30 - 50 minutes to complete (without rushing) and 2 others that are little 5 minute, interactive cutscenes more than anything else.

The graphics are nice, but other than that, there's really not much to enjoy. Nothing to explore. No puzzles to solve. the game is basically: 1. Enter room. 2. Move the shiny, pulsating object to the shiny, pulsating spot on the floor. 3. Watch cutscene that ends level. Repeat 5 times and game is over.

I give it 4/10 and that is only because it was mostly bug free and had nice graphics. There is hardly any content, hardly any challenge, and zero replay value. The booby jiggling animation is insulting to my intelligence. The extra costumes useless junk to me and the fact there are more bonus costumes in the game than levels to play speaks volumes about the developers priorities.

Next Gen mode is brutally unplayable on my system and really doesn't look any better to me, just different. So that was just a huge waste of hard drive space to me that could and should have been used for more quality levels than the pathetic 6 the game has.

What a huge disappointment.

Hey Elvin I'm stuck in a certain part of the game. Can I PM you with a question?
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 06:23 PM   #19
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Hey Jakup, you use the 360 controller for a gamepad right?

Seems that vibration and the "player 1" part of the ring lights up. I think this is the first game that has that functionality for the PC.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 04-12-06, 06:37 PM   #20
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Actually I was using the mouse and keyboard since it was just alot easier for me to manuever it seemed... I will check it out with the XB360 controller again though

Old 04-12-06, 07:04 PM   #21
Daneel Olivaw
Northwood hugger

I don't want to nitpick, but looking at the screenshots I'm feeling that texture detail is a bit low, pixel shader effect is a bit high and facial geometry is a bit ****ty... that an s, and h, an i, double t's, and a y.

Mild agnosticism —the view that the existence or nonexistence of God or gods is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable, therefore one will withhold judgment until/if more evidence is available. A weak agnostic would say "I don't know, but maybe you do."
Daneel Olivaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 07:15 PM   #22
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

I am having difficulty trying to programme all the buttons on my joypad especially the camera. I had this in the demo as well. Maybe i should get one of those ps2 joypads.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 07:20 PM   #23
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Or a wired Xbox360 controller. The game works fine with that.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 04-12-06, 08:28 PM   #24
Elvin Presler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
Hey Elvin I'm stuck in a certain part of the game. Can I PM you with a question?
Yeah...
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote