Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-17-06, 06:44 PM   #13
reet

Default Re: TV-Out users take out ConnectedMonitor in Xorg.conf for 8576 drivers!

Disabling glx did nothing to help my problem.
reet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-06, 07:17 AM   #14
krisis1

Default Re: TV-Out users take out ConnectedMonitor in Xorg.conf for 8576 drivers!

OK here are my bug reports.
I'm posting one with the TV attached (and displaying picture, working nicely except for the overscan) and one without, perhaps it's usefull, perhaps not.
(note: to get the filesize under 100k I had to remove some lines in working_withTV.log, but those were comments or mode-info for the CRT, not important)
Attached Files
File Type: log working_withTV.log (93.1 KB, 262 views)
File Type: log working_withoutTV.log (89.0 KB, 177 views)
krisis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-06, 12:39 PM   #15
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

krisis1, I don't see glx getting loaded in either of the two bug reports that you posted. In fact, your xorg.conf looks identical for both bug reports.

Also, have you tried to use TwinView instead of separate X screens?

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-06, 12:50 PM   #16
krisis1

Lonni, I thought you asked "Can you generate a bug report against this working configuration?". The working configuration is with GLX commented out in the configfile, it doesn't work when it's enabled, that's what you asked, no?
With glx, even with the TV connected and powered on, X crashes.
With glx without TV, X loads on CRT and logs an error because it can't find a TV.
Without glx both load, except for the fact TV-out can't be activated without a TV connected at startx and I really need a solution for that. I posted bugreports without glx with and without TV connected for you to figure out how to get X started without TV attached but WITH tv-out support.
So ofcourse my working configurations don't show glx getting loaded

As for TwinView, I don't want to use/need it. Perhaps it'll work with GLX, who knows, but I want to use functionalities not found when using TwinView.
Suppose my PC wouldn't install Linux correctly, then your suggestion would be to install Windows instead, it might work but that's not a solution to the problem If you insist I could of course try it as a test if that would help you out.
Old 04-18-06, 01:03 PM   #17
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

krisis1,
I misunderstood your last post, and thought that one of the bug reports was the working configuration without glx, and the other was the failing configuration with glx.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-06, 03:04 PM   #18
krisis1

I'm sorry if I was unclear about that . I posted a bugreport with the failing glx in the fifth reply of this topic.
The configfile didn't had any changes in it relating to glx so it's accurate.
I really hope you can put this information to good use