Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-04-06, 07:39 PM   #1
momesana

Default video overlay with an Asus 6800 GT

Hi,
Does anyone know, how I can get video_overlay to work with an nvidia card?
its an ASUS 6800 GT with two DVI output-connectors. Now I'm trying to get it to work with a 15" TFT touch screen on one side and the Beamer on the other side (which is supposed to display videos and television over mythtv). The 15" displays right but the resolution on the beamer is sort of messed up. It has a native resolution of 1280x720 while the TFT has a resolution of 1024x768. I tried a million settings with TweenView and padding-modes but none of them did yield a satisfying solution. Then a friend of mine just arrived, connected his windoze laptop to the beamer and configured that thing with a few clicks ... Then the Windows-Screen still did not fit into the Beamer-Screen but the video would display right.
Kind of embarrasing to me ... I wondered why nvidia doesn't offer a Gui configuration tool for that, when it is rather easy to do so, since you only operate on one file (xorg.conf) but anyway ...
Well, this friend of mine told me that I should only worry about video overlay since this is the thing I want to do with the beamer. Well, how can I get it to work?
From the Nvidia Readme I concluded that TweenView and Video overlay seem to not work together and I probably have to go with two X Screens instead. Is anyone out there who can tell me more about this?

I would really appreciate that.

Thanx in advance
momesana
momesana is offline   Reply With Quote