Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-21-05, 03:53 AM   #1
pacl

Smile geforce 6200 - no color on TV-out

just bought this card (Its a giga-byte card).

I connected it to a TV with a 9pin SVideo to composite adapter.
The picture shows but there is almost no color.
Why?
I have played around with various color settings.

I think it should work because I have another computer with an ATI card, using a 7-pin SVideo to composite adapter and it works fine.

I tried the GeForce card with another TV with a 9-pin Svideo to 4-pin Svideo adapter and it works fine as well.

This might be a bit confusing, so let me try again. I have 2 TVs and 2 computers with cards (1 ATI and 1 Geforce). All combinations work except the Geforce card to the TV with the composite adapter. In this case, I have almost no color.

Again, I assume it SHOULD work, (ie) it is not a problem with the s-video to composite adapter, because everything works with the 4 year old ATI card.

Any ideas.

Thanks.
pacl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 09:41 AM   #2
leca

Default Re: geforce 6200 - no color on TV-out

PAL / NTSC Settings is all I can think of.
leca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 10:41 AM   #3
pacl

yeah, thanks. I'll try that later at home.

It would make sense because the TV where everything works is PAL/NTSC but the TV that doesn't work is only PAL.

I read a FAQ at nvidia.com that suggested this as well.

Thanks for the response.
Old 10-24-05, 04:43 AM   #4
pacl

yes, the PAL/NTSC setting was the problem.

By default it installed with NTSC and I changed it to PAL B and it worked fine.

Again, thanks for the response.
Old 08-11-06, 10:32 AM   #5
Maniaq

Hello, I'm having the same problem, only I've already got it set to PAL. I'm using a standard 4-pin s-video connector and I think maybe the pinout on the 6200 is non-standard?

I managed to get colour using the 7-pin adaptor that came with the card, plugged into the composite input on my TV, but I would prefer Y-C - if I could get some chrominance action...

The exact same cable worked just fine with my previous Nvidia (Geforce 2) card so I know there's nothing kooky going on with the cable or the TV?

Any ideas? Is there a 7-pin to 4-pin adaptor that with work maybe?

Cheers
Maniaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 01:27 PM   #6
ynnek

you know, I had this same problem with my 5200 for my HTPC.. after a certain ver of drivers, s-vid out turned black and white, no matter what i tried, twiddling around with all the settings, until I rolled back the drivers. Because of that, my HTPC is still using like 50 series drivers though! heh, so thats probably not what you want to use on a normal computer.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 01:53 PM   #7
sharangad

With the classic control panel, even if you connected via S-Video, it would send a composite signal over S-Video. To fix this, you had to go to advanced properties for the TV out and select S-Video as the output mode, even when connected via S-Video.
sharangad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 09:29 PM   #8
amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacl
just bought this card (Its a giga-byte card).

I connected it to a TV with a 9pin SVideo to composite adapter.
The picture shows but there is almost no color.
Why?
I have played around with various color settings.

I think it should work because I have another computer with an ATI card, using a 7-pin SVideo to composite adapter and it works fine.

I tried the GeForce card with another TV with a 9-pin Svideo to 4-pin Svideo adapter and it works fine as well.

This might be a bit confusing, so let me try again. I have 2 TVs and 2 computers with cards (1 ATI and 1 Geforce). All combinations work except the Geforce card to the TV with the composite adapter. In this case, I have almost no color.

Again, I assume it SHOULD work, (ie) it is not a problem with the s-video to composite adapter, because everything works with the 4 year old ATI card.

Any ideas.

Thanks.
I have same error, the cable convert Svideo to compostie work with old ATI card but not word on my 6600GT card.
I try to buld corect cable for my video card from here and it work well.
I don't know what, but you can try it.
amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote