Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-07-06, 06:14 PM   #1
uruway2000

Default Six month trying to setup Geforce fx5200 on SuSE 10 With Asrock mainboard P4i45GV

My mainboard is an Asrock P4i45GV with on board intel extreme graphics video card, and it always work right with SuSE 9.1/9.2/9.3 and 10. But when I buy the Geforce video Card and insert it in the Agp slot, after the grub bootloader when you select WinXP all things are ok, but when you select SuSE 10 it display and scroll the usual lines but at the end shows this message:
System boot control: The system has been............Setup
Sytem boot control: Running /etc/init.d/boot.local...Done
INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0xffffe420! sleeping for 30 seconds. . .
And no more SuSE, it don't boot, the systems die. So I tried to at the grub loader promt, select option 3(for init 3), to install the driver that I had downloaded previosly from Nvidia page, but it freezes again, so I can't make any changes to the config files, neither load the Nvidia driver, or use sax2. The only way I can boot SuSE again is on the bios setup select as Primary Video the internal VGA video card, after that plug the monitor to the on board card, and there it is SuSE again. But if you try to install the Nvidia now, in the last step, with Sax2 -r -m 0=nvidia, it shows the message, video card lost, aborted, obviously because the only video card at the bios info is the internal. I tried for many months to fix this, but still can´t make SuSE boot properly to install the Nvidia, and to use it, disconnecting the plug monitor from Nvidia,connecting it again to the on board video card and entering bios setup, all that. . .is insane¡ ¡ If somebody can tell me how . . . I will try again, and again Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Daniel
For more info of my /etc/x11/xorg.conf is attached. Thank you again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (7.0 KB, 175 views)
HD 40 GB.7200 Rpm.Hitachi
Cdrw Sony
DVD Lite on
Geforce fx5200 video Card (on-board intel xtreme graphics).
Dual booting XP installed and SuSE 10 with grub, kde with last updates.

Last edited by uruway2000; 05-07-06 at 08:53 PM. Reason: include my xorg.conf file
uruway2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-06, 02:15 PM   #2
bgg85

Default Re: Six month trying to setup Geforce fx5200 on SuSE 10 With Asrock mainboard P4i45GV

same motherboard, same problem.
i tried ubuntu and kubuntu
the problem is while hotplug subsystem is loading.
PLEASE HELP
Aguante Uruguay
bgg85 is offline   Reply With Quote