Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-22-06, 01:52 PM   #121
Superfly
Retired

Default Re: SiN Episodes Feedback Thread

Quick update for you all - taken from an interview with Tom Mustaine of Ritual:

Arena Mode in about 1 months time and MP in about 3 months time - also SiN Episodes is coming to 360 & PS3!!

loads of other cool info so if you own Episode 1 I would suggest you have a read:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23404
Old 05-22-06, 02:17 PM   #122
AdmiralHalsey..
Hands Across The Sky...

My opinion: Ugly, outdated graphics, fun gameplay, I get the horrible, system halting sound stuttering bug and no hdr? not even bloom? Least it was only 20 bucks at walmart.
Old 05-22-06, 03:04 PM   #123
SavagePaladin
info*****

They weren't developing off the latest build of Source, so the stuttering and lack of HDR isn't entirely surprising. They're almost ready to test the merging of the codebase, which will apparently take a while after it's finished, from what I read over here.

Even without HDR I thought the graphics quite good, though. I'm sure the next eps will have it (maybe even this one after the merge, who knows.)
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-06, 03:11 PM   #124
Superfly
Retired

they said HDR and other nice effects will be added as the series developes, dont forget we have 8 more episodes and several years before the end.
Old 05-22-06, 03:14 PM   #125
SavagePaladin
info*****

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23404 E3 Interview with Rituals VP of Development
Old 05-22-06, 03:52 PM   #126
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
they said HDR and other nice effects will be added as the series developes, dont forget we have 8 more episodes and several years before the end.
Oh, don't remind me.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-06, 04:02 PM   #127
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
So basically this was a mod since when you aquire the engine code in a lincense agreement you have the ability to add features as they see fit... the way you describe it is as if they were developing the game with the Source Public SDK.
Old 05-22-06, 04:04 PM   #128
SavagePaladin
info*****

They may have the ability, but that doesn't mean they have the resources to add whatever they want.

Old 05-22-06, 04:07 PM   #129
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavagePaladin
They may have the ability, but that doesn't mean they have the resources to add whatever they want.
The only limitation is the ability of their programmers... Look at how far the Quake 1 engine was pushed. Heck if you want a better example look at the UE2 by Epic, Ubisoft added tons of features that were not supported by default when they released Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
Old 05-22-06, 04:12 PM   #130
SavagePaladin
info*****

Right, and how much time were they developing those? Emergence was developed in one year, and self funded. So that's pretty much irrelevant. Valve is also likely self funding, but they have a lot more resources to begin with. Not to mention, they don't have to learn their engine, either.
Old 05-22-06, 04:26 PM   #131
AdmiralHalsey..
Hands Across The Sky...

I just hope they have some major updates to source planned, cause it looks dated, and it looked dated when hl2 came out. No advanced features like parrallax mapping, stencil shadows, generally low polly counts, low resolution textures and other stuff kinda hurts the experience for me, but valve seems extremely slow to impliment any of these "new" old graphic techniques. I must say though, the intro vid has quite possibly the most realistic and "nerd alert" arousing cgi female buttocks I have ever seen. Good lord... I actually half-popped one...disturbing...
Old 05-22-06, 04:35 PM   #132
SavagePaladin
info*****

I believe HL2 was mostly self funded also, but overall I thought it was well done. Especially with facial features on the people. FEAR has good looking models, but they just seem plasticy in comparison.

Either way, the coming months will bring some interesting stuff

I can't wait to see DX10 in action.