Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-06, 11:58 AM   #145
SavagePaladin
info*****

Default Re: SiN Episodes Feedback Thread

Anyway this whole discussion is pointless, as even if they do it they aren't going to release it in a few weeks, or even a month. It'll take effort, and right now they're testing their codebase that was merged with the latest from the Source engine.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-06, 07:04 PM   #146
faraday

Just finished the game. In a word - Underwhelming
faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-06, 09:54 PM   #147
AdmiralHalsey..
Hands Across The Sky...

I Actually thought it picked up nicely towards the end, the grahics especially. Gonna give it a B, just a B. Hdr update for episode 1??? A+
Old 05-23-06, 11:43 PM   #148
Brimstone7

I'd rather that they just forgot about Episode 1 and moved on. If they kept redo-ing previous episodes every time the technology stepped forward they would never finish. Imagine when they got to episode 9 (sometime in the year 2010) they had to go back and remake the past 8 episodes to get it to the same graphics quality; it's just not practical. Let each episode be an experiment, finish it, make mistakes, and then fix them in the next episode.
Brimstone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-06, 08:26 AM   #149
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I wont be buying Episode 2 untill I hear users reviews (from other then Superfly), I feel I got ripped off with this purchase... Free mods for HL2 offer more then it did.
and I thought we were just starting to get along

TBH I'd rather you did'nt buy any future episodes, I seriously dont think you like it regardless of content.
Old 05-24-06, 09:07 AM   #150
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
and I thought we were just starting to get along

TBH I'd rather you did'nt buy any future episodes, I seriously dont think you like it regardless of content.
We get along great... just not when related to SIN, lol.

I will probably buy them anyway... im a sucker for punishment... I did buy BloodRayne DVD today, lol (It came with BR2 for the PC!)

I need to start investing into something... maybe a girlfiend...
Old 05-24-06, 10:26 AM   #151
Superfly
Retired

found this on th Ritual forums - regarding value for money:

Quote:
we’re going to release that mode (arena) in about a month so more content, about three or four months from now they’re gunna get multi-player, so more content, and then of course, the next episode. So anyone who buys an episode is going to get content, content, content. It’s not just ‘here you go, here you go.’ It’s continual updates to a live codebase.
so to clarify for your $20 so far your going to get Episode 1, Arena mode (SP Tourney thing), MP + continual updates.

I would say in between future episodes we will most likely get extra MP maps, Arena modes & maps etc etc.

I think there is more to this than some might think at first glance.
Old 05-24-06, 01:02 PM   #152
LurkerLito

Maybe I am in the minority about this but honestly I'd rather they not keep adding content and MP features and just hurry up and put out the episodes faster. Also spend the time developing a tighter integrated storyline so that it would be more attractive to not skip an episode here or there. I mean a good thing of having episodic gaming would be to have consequences for not getting an episode. For example if you didn't get episode 2 you'd get a less powerful weapon modification on episode 3 cause you didn't have the parts available to modify the weapon cause it was available in episode 2.
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-06, 02:21 AM   #153
Superfly
Retired

Shaun's blog has an interesting update, i'll dig the link out once I wake up.
Old 05-25-06, 05:04 PM   #154
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

a fan has made a voicepack for blade.. how cool is not that why the heck didnt ritual do it..

http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/sh...7&fpart=2&vc=1

download and try it
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-06, 07:20 PM   #155
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I just played the game and I'm really happy with it. It runs great, looks pretty good and it feels like SiN. I'm a huge fan of the original and expansion pack and Episodes is everything I wanted.

Does anyone know how to disable the lower section of the HUD? The G15 provides everything I need to know. Though I'm thinking it would also disable the Comm notifications in the top left hand corner.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-06, 02:46 PM   #156
SavagePaladin
info*****

So why isn't this thread in the Source games forum anyway?
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote