Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-10-06, 03:40 PM   #13
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: SiN Episodes Feedback Thread

So far it's standard FPS fare, nothing particularly interesting about it. Definitely feels like a HL2 mod. I'm thinking I wasted twenty bucks but I'll give it some more time.

Pretty cheesy dialogue too.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 03:42 PM   #14
|MaguS|

Wow! Best Mod Ever!

Seriously... this feels so much like a mod... while the animations are good the levels look poorly constructed. Voice acting is probably the only thing that seems to point to a nonmod feel other then that its not worth the cost... I can get better gameplay from free mods.

and yes, there is stuttering and performance drops. I can run Lost Coast perfectly smooth but this gives me worse performance and stuttering... I never got stuttering not even when HL2 originally released...
Old 05-10-06, 07:14 PM   #15
sirplayalot

Great game if you ask me! I love the way the guns feel and how it gets right into the action and doesnt bother with a tutorial or anything. Worth every penny!

Main rig
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe | Intel Core i7-2700k | 16GB (4x4) DDR3 | 2x Diamond Radeon 7970 Crossfire | Corsair 850W PSU | Asus 27" VG278HE 144hz | Win 7 Ultimate

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and gaming PC!
Why argue which ones better when you can just play on all of them?
sirplayalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-06, 10:18 PM   #16
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Wow! Best Mod Ever!

Seriously... this feels so much like a mod... while the animations are good the levels look poorly constructed. Voice acting is probably the only thing that seems to point to a nonmod feel other then that its not worth the cost... I can get better gameplay from free mods.

and yes, there is stuttering and performance drops. I can run Lost Coast perfectly smooth but this gives me worse performance and stuttering... I never got stuttering not even when HL2 originally released...
Thx if u get stuttering on ur rig i would def get that crap on mine...
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 03:32 AM   #17
Superfly
Retired

Well im very happy with it, It looks and feels just like SiN, everything from the colours to the menu screens are very much SiN.

Some drawbacks to using the source engine are that some dialogue boxes are the same as HL2 except for the colour and yes it does have the occasional hitch (no stuttering though, just a tiny light hitch once in a while).

The gameplay is great and the opening sequence is cool, I love the fact that as you run out the Lab your running through an area from SiN 1, the voice acting is excellent and the story is well presented.

Weapons are good, the Magnum is mental and well balanced, shotgun feels powerful and the nades are great.

Enemy AI is good, troops move to cover etc etc - the only dumbness comes from the mutants which you would expect to be dumb.

Sounds is very good, way above most.

All in all Episode One was well worth the wait - Good job Ritual, well done.
Old 05-11-06, 03:39 AM   #18
|MaguS|

The original SiN had a unique start menu... this one is very basic with a simple large font list...

I disliked the intro also since well she's shooting tons of guards yet not a single one dropped a weapon...
Old 05-11-06, 04:11 AM   #19
Superfly
Retired

each to their own.

I found this much more emersive than most so far - again good job Ritual.
Old 05-11-06, 04:15 AM   #20
Superfly
Retired

I love the combat, weapons and nades feel great, AI is fun to play around with too.

Old 05-11-06, 04:23 AM   #21
grey_1

Glad I waited for user reviews, I'll pass on this one.
Old 05-11-06, 04:48 AM   #22
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I enjoyed it mostly, weapons in general seemed pretty good. I really didn't like the recoil on the machine gun, I hate having to fight against recoil.

Didn't really have the quips in the first game but in general a much better experience. The huge downside is how it got infinitely hard after the first mutant boss guy, to give you an example of how hard it became - half my total deaths were on the last "level" of the game. :/

Took me 5 hours to beat, I did stop timing when I was dying continuosly but I think content wise it was very much worth it. Level design seemed really good and performance was pretty comparable with HL2. Effects seem well done in general, the grenade effect and the hologram displays for example. If it didn't get so ridiculously difficult in the last 1/3rd of the game I'd rate it quite highly.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 09:06 AM   #23
LurkerLito

I didn't really play it much since I got hooked on the Titan's quest demo, but overall it feels like the original Sin game but for some reason to me the movement feels kind of off. It does kind of feel like a HL2 mod rather than a new game. Maybe after I finish it I will feel differently but right now I am kind of disappointed in it.
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 09:28 AM   #24
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Who was that hot bitch with dark hair ? ...the one who pops up in that water in her sexy thong and bra etc hahah hot as feck!

Im trying to remember back to the original game and how she tied in, but its been years.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote