Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-06, 09:59 AM   #25
Lfctony

Default Re: SiN Episodes Feedback Thread

Isn't that Elexis? Dark hair, green eyes, great rack?
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 12:41 PM   #26
anticitizenzero

Send a message via AIM to anticitizenzero

I thought it was a pretty fun game, definiatly nothing different from other FPS's, but it still was a blast to play, the last levels are by far the best. I'd say it was worth 20 bucks. I never encountered this so called "Stutter" problem either.
anticitizenzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 07:32 AM   #27
Superfly
Retired

I think a LOT of you guys are forming your opinion on SiN as though Episode One is the full and final game - remember that the game has another 8 episodes to run (more story, more weapons and bad guys, more levels, the list just goes on and on and on!!)

Also remeber that the game collects and sends back to Ritual your user statistics from your gameplay and this is used to help shape future level design, weapon choices.

IMHO - for episode one this is off to a REALLY impressive start.

I just wanted to remind you guys to keep an open mind and form your opinions around the episodic idea.

over and out!!
Old 05-12-06, 07:37 AM   #28
|MaguS|

Considering that I have to pay for every episode Im free to judge the title as a stand alone product. The other episodes are basically sequels... thats how it is.
Old 05-12-06, 07:57 AM   #29
Superfly
Retired

wow!! hold on man, of course you can form an opinion in anyway you choose what I want to say is this game is set to evolve, what you have now can and will change based on community feedback.

Have you raised any of your concerns of the Ritual forums?? are you actually taking part in the episodic experiment??

If the game is crap for you thats fine but at least take the time to feed this back to Ritual.
Old 05-12-06, 07:59 AM   #30
|MaguS|

Im waiting to complete it first, only put 3 or so hours into it, lol. It's not really gripping me much feels way too much like HL2.

It could be that im also craving for Dark Messiah...
Old 05-12-06, 08:13 AM   #31
Superfly
Retired

yeh well Dark Messiah is gonna kick ass!!!

even if after you finish episode one you still dont like please post what you did'nt like on the official forums - thanks.

lets try and make episodic gaming a success.
Old 05-12-06, 12:28 PM   #32
Brimstone7

Does anyone else feel this game is way too hard and frustrating? I consider myself an FPS veteran just like most of you guys but I can barely play this game for 15 minutes without closing it in frustration. Enemies frequently show up behind you and in front of you at the same time, there is way too much z-axis fighting (enemies on platforms above you), and their aim seems to be a lot better than mine. I'll be at complete health in one room, get into one firefight and then go down to like 20 or so. I've never had this problem before in an FPS game. I can deal with all the samey-same content and short playtime but it's just not that fun to play so far...
Brimstone7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-06, 12:54 PM   #33
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone7
Does anyone else feel this game is way too hard and frustrating? I consider myself an FPS veteran just like most of you guys but I can barely play this game for 15 minutes without closing it in frustration. Enemies frequently show up behind you and in front of you at the same time, there is way too much z-axis fighting (enemies on platforms above you), and their aim seems to be a lot better than mine. I'll be at complete health in one room, get into one firefight and then go down to like 20 or so. I've never had this problem before in an FPS game. I can deal with all the samey-same content and short playtime but it's just not that fun to play so far...
Hi mate,

One of this games inovations is the dynamic personnal challenge system, the Dev's are VERY interested in user feedback on this system as to use there own words "its meant to always be a challenge, not a frustration!"

They have asked anyone having problems with this to upload there game stats (via the in game option) and then they can tweak the system.

look here:

Quote:
The lead programmer on SiN Episodes, Ken Harward, posted this update on SiN's Personal Challenge System over at SteamPowered. It's lengthy, but worth the read, especially if you're finding the game too difficult despite not having fiddle with the challenge sliders.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm the lead programmer at Ritual Entertainment for SinEpisodes. I'm the principle designer of the Personal Challenge System--the dynamic difficulty that we've implemented.

There have been a lot of great posts on these message boards talking about the game, in particular how difficult the game can be. I wanted to take some time to let you guys know we're listening and we're going to be making a change in the upcoming patch to try to address the issue.

Many players are finding the system to be just right--they're getting the challenge they want and are having a blast. Others are finding it fine at first, only to become too challenging late in the game. The system was designed to try to accomodate all players (one of my tenets is that my mother should be able to finish this game). We tested the system with over 100 playtests. But that is really nothing relative to hundreds of thousands of people playing the game. And so there are some playstyles that are causing the system to react unfairly.

We aim to fix that. Using the thousands of uploaded stats that we've received, and many save games, we're beginning to identify the playstyle that will trigger this event. We think we've got a fix and it will be in the upcoming patch. I'll be working with MikeR, who will be working with all of you, to ensure that the fix helps to address the frustration some of you are experiencing.

The good news is that the system is working for a tremendous number of players. We're getting stats from players who are succcessfully finishing the game without a lot of deaths, with widely varying challenge ratings. But for a lot of talented players who are playing the first portion of the game very quickly, the system is being outrun (so to speak) and by the time it catches up with you, it gets into a state where it isn't re-adjusting the way it should. We never wanted something frustrating, so that's what we'll be able to address.

The upcoming patch will also address a level loading problem on some older video cards, the sound stuttering problems, and a few other minor issues.

Ritual is a company that likes to take risks, and Episodic delivery was intended to enable us to take risks and try new things. The Personal Challenge System was a great example of that. We think it will really shine in the upcoming Arena Mode. Have patience as we work out some day 1 kinks. And rest assured we'll probably take some risks in Episode 2 as well. That's part of what this delivery mechanism is all about.
Ken

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Damn, a security crate!"
Community Relations Manager
Ritual Entertainment
http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/sh...928#Post166928
Old 05-12-06, 12:59 PM   #34
Superfly
Retired

the bold and red text just puts a HUGE smile on my face - I love this episodic concept, more power to Ritual for taking the gamble when others go for the easyest option - quick money.
Old 05-12-06, 01:08 PM   #35
DansFace

I've loved every second of this game so far.. I stop playing after a hour because I don't want to finish it too fast...

The game really has it's moments. My self being a pretty decent FPS player is really getting a work around. I'm constantly checking behind me and infront of me. Hell getting blasted all the time, but even with the game on hardest the pacing is so quick and fast I don't mind dieing.

I'm giving it a A so far.. been a while sense I've enjoyed a single player game

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 01:12 PM   #36
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansFace
I've loved every second of this game so far.. I stop playing after a hour because I don't want to finish it too fast...

The game really has it's moments. My self being a pretty decent FPS player is really getting a work around. I'm constantly checking behind me and infront of me. Hell getting blasted all the time, but even with the game on hardest the pacing is so quick and fast I don't mind dieing.

I'm giving it a A so far.. been a while sense I've enjoyed a single player game
yeh Its a fast game thats for sure - the level design is so clever, mind you I believe "Levelord" had a lot to do with that - lol.