Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-12-06, 08:56 PM   #49
ralinn
Masters

Default Re: SiN Episodes Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Wow! Best Mod Ever!

Seriously... this feels so much like a mod... while the animations are good the levels look poorly constructed. Voice acting is probably the only thing that seems to point to a nonmod feel other then that its not worth the cost... I can get better gameplay from free mods.

and yes, there is stuttering and performance drops. I can run Lost Coast perfectly smooth but this gives me worse performance and stuttering... I never got stuttering not even when HL2 originally released...
Agreed.

It feels far too much like a mod and the art and design in the game is pretty poor. The gun skins/models look awful and when my brother walked in the room he actually asked me why I was playing HL1 again. It looks awful in my opinion.

The game also runs pretty poorly for me too. I get a LOT of stuttering even though I didn't get any stuttering issues in HL2 or CS:S at all!

I do like the gore though, shooting people in the face is very satisfying. The music/sound is very good too. I just wish it played and looked as good.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 08:59 PM   #50
OWA

I'm not getting any stuttering. I did with HL2 but the only time it stutters with SiN is when I'm taking a screenshot.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 09:18 PM   #51
sillyeagle
sillyego

I think the episodes are kind of cool. $20 for 5-6 hours is the same as $40-$50 for 10-12. Seems to be priced right, but what I really like is we don't have to wait for the other 6 hours to be developed, we get to play whats available right away and have more to look forward to later on.

I just started the game but so far I like it. The graphics are good, especially considering the level of performance you get. I happen to think the source engine has the best graphics of any engine for the speed that it runs at. I know in HL2 it runs about twice as fast as the D3 engine, and it certainly has a lot more than 50% of the graphic quality of D3.

Sin definitly has a HL2 feel to it, but thats fine with me as I really like that feel. The large open envoirnments are something I really really like in games.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-12-06, 09:53 PM   #52
john19055

It is what I excepted since it is made with the source engine ,But I have no studdering the game runs smooth ,I am playing it at 1600x1200 with 2x FSAA and 8x aniso and it is real smooth for me ,I like the game it brings back memmories of the sin which it should ,but if you like run and gun then you will like it and for $17.99 it can't be beat.
Intel i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16gigs G.Skill PC1600DDR3+2-ASUS DirectCU II GTX-670 in SLI+Crucial 256g-SSD+1-3Gig Seagate+2- Samsung 1-TB+3-WesternDigtial 640g+LG-12x Blu-Ray Burner+850watt XFX+Antec-P280 case+50" Plasma PM6700+Logitech Mouse+Keyboard+Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio Speakers
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-06, 01:21 AM   #53
Saintster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
each to their own.

I found this much more emersive than most so far - again good job Ritual.

I agree it's the first game that i have played in a while that I'm not bored after the first hour.Awesome game looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
Saintster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-06, 02:13 AM   #54
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Agreed.

It feels far too much like a mod and the art and design in the game is pretty poor. The gun skins/models look awful and when my brother walked in the room he actually asked me why I was playing HL1 again. It looks awful in my opinion.

The game also runs pretty poorly for me too. I get a LOT of stuttering even though I didn't get any stuttering issues in HL2 or CS:S at all!

I do like the gore though, shooting people in the face is very satisfying. The music/sound is very good too. I just wish it played and looked as good.
No stuttering here, Looks great - nice art direction and very true the original. shame you dont like it. (at least you bothered to try it though)
Old 05-13-06, 02:15 AM   #55
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Running great here! Graphics are not amazing, but it gets the job done.

Overall its quite fun, the old SiN feel is definetely in there, seems mixed with a bit of Half Life flavor
Old 05-13-06, 02:16 AM   #56
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintster
I agree it's the first game that i have played in a while that I'm not bored after the first hour.Awesome game looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
Putting the sound/graphics to one side I have'nt had this much fun in terms of pure gameplay for years in a FPS.

I think SiN Episodes might push Q4 out of my No1 Shooter spot..

Good times ahead.

Old 05-13-06, 02:20 AM   #57
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Running great here! Graphics are not amazing, but it gets the job done.

Overall its quite fun, the old SiN feel is definetely in there, seems mixed with a bit of Half Life flavor
The pacing and level design really start to shine as you get into it, Like you say the graphics are nothing new but there well done and the art style is true to the SiN universe - I really cant see why some people got there panties in a twist just because its not trying to break any Visual records or boundaries.

Glad you like it jAkUp - I new you at least would "get it".

ttfn.
Old 05-13-06, 02:33 AM   #58
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Yea I am enjoying it It does get quite a bit difficult at times however. But a challenge is better than no challenge!

I just got to the part where you jump into this crane thing and Jessica moves you around.

I absolutely love it when you shoot those dudes with the jetpacks, its freaking hilarious.
Old 05-13-06, 02:52 AM   #59
Superfly
Retired

I love shooting heads off!! - you can see both halves lying on the floor

also you can shoot kneecaps and later in the game some guys are just left with a pair of steaming boots on the floor - ROFL!!!
Old 05-13-06, 03:58 AM   #60
PSYCHODAD
cereal killer

I'm having alot of fun with the game also. The secret areas are a nice touch. Been killed a couple of times when looking for hidden stuff.

Hope it's not too long until next episode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sareas.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	18097  
System #1
CPU INTEL|3rd gen I-7@3.7ghz
16gb memory Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
PSU Siverstone Zeus 850w
EVGA 660gtx
Logitech G400 gaming mouse
Dell 2407WFP 24" lcd

Video Games -- Why waste good technology on science and medicine?
PSYCHODAD is offline   Reply With Quote