Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-06, 04:40 AM   #85
Superfly
Retired

Default Re: SiN Episodes Feedback Thread

I think a lot of people that have'nt followed the development process, interviews and bloggs etc might well have been expecting groundbreaking gameplay from this, you wont find that here, what you will find is the original SiN gameplay in a Source engine wrapper + all the nice physics that come with that.

This was a design goal , Ritual were very specific about not taking SiN away from what it does best - old fashioned, bloody/humerous combat and SiN Episodes offers plenty of this in some amazingly well made levels.

I agree that the story elements were not told too well, this I think stems from the fact that Blade does'nt talk about the things he's doing like he did in the orginal game - something us fans have raised as a concern with Ritual.

I agree with jAkUp, episode one is a good start when you consider we have 8 more to go and this will span over a 4 YEAR time period with nice things like HDR, depth of field and of course Rituals own "Uber Engine" developed in partnership with Microsoft as a DX10 showcase - I belive the plan is to move some of the later episodes over to the new engine after DX10 ships.

We have a lot to look forward to still, at least I do - enjoy the game for what if offers I think you guys pick holes in the sillyest of things sometimes.

ttfn.
Old 05-16-06, 07:51 AM   #86
Brimstone7

Just for some perspective, can you guys that really like the game post your challenge and skill statistics? I was one of the guys that was "bugged" and given 100 chaingunners on the last level (something like 75% skill 50% challenge like everyone else).

Is it just me or does dynamic difficulty always seem to fail, no matter the genre? I mean, Oblivion leveled out eventually but there were some parts where it was just as frustrating as this game.
Brimstone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 08:52 AM   #87
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

I've a weird problem: weapons and HUD don't show in game for me. It remains at full screen. I though it was okay in the intro sequence, but i'm at the docks now and still I don't get anything

Oh, yes stuttering is bad too. Never had a problem with Bloodlines and only some minor stuttering in HL2 but this game stutters badly every 30-40 seconds.
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 09:04 AM   #88
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

I know I said I wasen't going to buy it...but I was game bored last week and it was only $18..hell, I spend that at Starbucks
Anyway, I was glad I got it. Sure its a basic shooter, but game play was fun and the levels fit the action. Now, I'm hooked for the upcoming Episodes.

+ Elexis has the best boobs & buns in gaming
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 09:36 AM   #89
Morrow
Atari STE 4-bit color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
I agree with jAkUp, episode one is a good start when you consider we have 8 more to go and this will span over a 4 YEAR time period with nice things like HDR, depth of field and of course Rituals own "Uber Engine" developed in partnership with Microsoft as a DX10 showcase - I belive the plan is to move some of the later episodes over to the new engine after DX10 ships.
What are you talking about?

Episode 1 didn't use HDR, DoF or any other new effect. It's based on a year old Source build and as long as Valve doesn't update Source to DX10, the Sin episodes will continue to remain DX9

What's the deal with Ritual's Uberengine? The last time I heard something about it was when FAKK2 was about to be released. Didn't the work on it cease 4 years ago?
Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 09:45 AM   #90
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone7
Just for some perspective, can you guys that really like the game post your challenge and skill statistics? I was one of the guys that was "bugged" and given 100 chaingunners on the last level (something like 75% skill 50% challenge like everyone else).

Is it just me or does dynamic difficulty always seem to fail, no matter the genre? I mean, Oblivion leveled out eventually but there were some parts where it was just as frustrating as this game.
hey man,

I personnally hav'nt suffered from that bug, I just finished my second run through (turned the difficulty slider up and the help slider down) finished on:

skill 79.04
challenge 50.12
total deaths 28

gonna max out the sliders now!!!

wish me luck!!
Old 05-16-06, 09:52 AM   #91
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone7

I noticed with my second run through (after turning the difficulty slider up) that if I got 4-5 headshots in a row without taking damage the bad guys started to wear helmets!!, if I shot them in the knees they started to use low cover and grouped together - point being for me the dynamic difficulty is the best implimentation I've come across.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved in tommorrows patch. (although you might need to re-start your game)
Old 05-16-06, 10:41 AM   #92
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrow
Episode 1 didn't use HDR, DoF or any other new effect.

What's the deal with Ritual's Uberengine? The last time I heard something about it was when FAKK2 was about to be released. Didn't the work on it cease 4 years ago?
Your right HDR and DoF are things that Ritual have sugested will be added to future episodes, I though my post sugested that sorry for any confusion.

Uber engine is alive and well according to the Ritual forums.

Old 05-16-06, 03:44 PM   #93
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

While looking for solutions for my problems on the official forums, I stumbled upon this:

http://mediahump.com/?gid=212

Apparently it has got Ritual blessings, too...