Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-05-06, 03:13 PM   #1
Athena
spirit filled

Default Cyber dates?

OK time for you guys/gals to fess up. When playing a MMOG do you ever try to "pick-up" a girl or guy?

I ask because in the last 2 days I was hit on twice in City of Heros. Are gamers so into these other worlds that the thought of dating in that world sounds like a good idea to them?
Old 05-05-06, 03:35 PM   #2
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Default Re: Cyber dates?

I don't play MMORPG's
Old 05-05-06, 04:43 PM   #3
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

I married myself in SWG (had two accounts). It was a marriage of lust though, my main character (Smuggler/Pistoleer Solo type that dressed as a Tusken Raider) met my second character (a scantilly clad female dancer) in a cantina. Of course my second character wound up making more money then my main after becoming an uber dancer/entertainer. Ahhh SWG the good(or generally bad) old days.

But no, I don't do the whole cyberdate thing ingame, seems a little...lame. But for a long term relationship could be their only means of entertainment other then calling on another on the phone and watching the same movie or err...doing something else hehe. :-o

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 11:21 AM   #4
lognoronon

Never have and never will and been playing these type of games since UO. Sure some people actualy wind up getting together because of a game but I'm playing the games for entertainment not for hooking up.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 11:26 AM   #5
|MaguS|

I played EQ1 with my then current GF. People would look at us weird because everytime we grouped and had tot alk to her I would call her hun insted of her ingame name... problem was she played a male character...

Once made the mistake of typing "I gotta go to bed, Adriak is getting cranky!"... Don't think I ever seen the guildchat so quiet...

As for strangers, Never tried to hit on a girl through a MMORPG. I have met some but that was with a bunch of guildmembers aswell since it was a guildmeet.
Old 05-10-06, 02:58 PM   #6
Athena
spirit filled

wow I am surprised at the amount of people that do not play MMOGs that posted and that so few of the people that do play them had a comment on this.

Being new to this type of game, only played for about 6 months now, I find the whole online friends thin a very interesting byproduct of the games. I belong to a large super group, like a guild, and have made some friends that basicly any time we are on-line togeather we work it out so we can be on the same team. Then we chat about the same normal things I chat about w/ my "real life" friends. But there is just some thing about this type of friend ship that is strange. I mean what if one of us is having a bad day? Will the other put them selves out of playing the game to talk to you about it? I have seen other people in our group do this but for the click I am part of it has not come up.

I guess since I play such a goody goody type hero I would stop playing to talk to them if they wanted me to. But in reality I do not even know who I am talking to. Could be a old lady in France or a teen ago kid in collage here in the US. When I think about that aspect it kinda freaks me out.