Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-06, 03:01 AM   #1
|MaguS|

Default Vanguard E3 Preview!

Heres a nice write up about the game, lots of info aswell.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/index.ph...splay&ceid=167

Quote:
I found right off that I could adjust things like my character’s arm mass, arm length, shoulder mass and torso scale in minute detail. Gone are the enormous mitten-like hands present in some MMO’s—there’s a hand scale adjustment. And yes, Virginia , there are boob sliders (well, Sigil calls it “breast scale,” but again…what fun is that?). And not only can you tweak those particular assets size-wise, you can also adjust them for perkiness (that’s called “lift.”) There’s also, in the same customization area, a slider for “mood,” (which may or may not be related to the ability to have cut an impressive figure, chest-wise). Mood changes the character’s facial expression from ornery to cheerful and everywhere in between.
Quote:
Williams showed me how his pscionicist could chain spells together. Icons appear on the screen suggesting spells to cast, including a starter, a bridge, and a finishing spell. Combined, these make for a more potent attack. It seems that chains function on a single-character level, but Williams says, “We have something called ‘sympathetics.’ Luck of the draw…we don’t have any good sympathetics set up today. I mean, we don’t have a good group for it. But if I were to group up with a sorcerer, say, they’re so good at sympathetics that it’s almost like a ping-pong game. With great knowledge of your class, you can ping-pong back and forth, and the level of damage you’ll be able to do,” he gives an almost sinister chuckle, “…it’s just incredible.”

As I watched, an icon appeared on the lower area of the screen. “What’s happening here is, certain classes have what we call Perception, which means that if a caster mob is casting a spell, I can sense what he’s about to cast, and I have the ability to counter that.” Williams quickly shut the caster down. “This is one of my favorite things about this class,” he enthused.
Old 06-07-06, 11:05 PM   #2
tgll99
*BANNED*

Default Re: Vanguard E3 Preview!

e~~~ just a bit...
tgll99 is offline   Reply With Quote