Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-06, 11:59 AM   #13
|MaguS|

Default Re: Vanguard coming to PS3?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
BTW, I want you to give me the 100sp all in copper.
I'll give you 1cp everyday for 100 days IF you win.... which I don't think you will. Sony needs a MMORPG on the PS3 and with FFXI not heading its way it will be awhile till Square-Enix's next one...
Old 05-11-06, 12:08 PM   #14
spirited1

On the subject of Vanguard's engine, they will be switching over to the Unreal 3.0 engine on the first or second expansion.
Old 05-11-06, 12:10 PM   #15
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
On the subject of Vanguard's engine, they will be switching over to the Unreal 3.0 engine on the first or second expansion.
I dout that considering the game doesn't have zones so it would require them to redo all the art for the main game.
Old 05-11-06, 01:25 PM   #16
spirited1

Yeah, it's true.

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/sh...&postcount=121

They've coded Vanguard from the ground up to be flexible and incorporate new tech.

EDIT
Something interesting to note. In that post, Brad talks about a "sekret project" they've been working on. There's been a rumor on the VG boards for a long time about a Sigil superhero console mmo. If Sigil hire a programmer for console work, it's likely it will be for that project, and not for Vanguard. That would be my bet...but you never know. Sigil have a few irons in the fires.

Last edited by spirited1; 05-11-06 at 01:39 PM.
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 02:01 PM   #17
slick
Play with conviction.

And maybe it isn't the PS3...

Developer said in his second point, UE3 works nicely on PC and 360, and that their next project is definately on the 360...
Old 05-11-06, 08:12 PM   #18
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick

Developer said in his second point, UE3 works nicely on PC and 360, and that their next project is definately on the 360...
Thats also a post from last year when they still had ties with MS for publishing...
Old 05-11-06, 08:55 PM   #19
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Thats also a post from last year when they still had ties with MS for publishing...
I'm sure there are no hard feelings there, and if they were developing for the 360 it is unlikely they just tossed all that eperimentation out the window. All SOE is doing is providing servers for the game right? I didn't think they had any creative rights.

On a lighter note...
Old 05-11-06, 08:58 PM   #20
|MaguS|

SOE doesn't hold any rights but they are aiding with Servers, Technical Support, Billing, Marketing and Publishing. Im sure they made a deal with Sigil to have either Vangaurds of another title make its way to the PS3 considering that Sigil was displeased with how Microsoft was trying to control their project (reason for the split).

Yeah I read that comic, just great!

Old 05-11-06, 09:46 PM   #21
nrdstrm

I asked about the PS3 thing, and no one would comment. I asked Brad also (off camera) about the switch from MS to SOE...He basically backed up everything you guys have said (retaining full controle). I also asked him and some of his employees about station exchange. They all said they are adamantly against it and there is no way it would work with Vanguard as it wasn't built with "exchange" type gameplay in mind. When pushed about going back to Sony, Brad said something like "I will do WHATEVER it takes to make this game the best that it can be, because I promised that to the players. It just so happens that going back to SOE was better for Vanguard". (I am paraphrasing, but it was very close to that.) Also, check out the E3 Forums later tonight or tomarrow morning for some Vanguard video. There is some in game footage, a "character creation walkthough" with a dev narrating, and a nice little intro by the man Brad himself I'm not posative at this point if I will be able to go back tomarrow, but if I do, I will be happy to ask any questions you guys might want answered...
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 09:50 PM   #22
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
I asked about the PS3 thing, and no one would comment.
Mwahahaha point one for |MaguS|!

No comments lead to truth!
Old 05-12-06, 01:13 AM   #23
nrdstrm

Hey guys...Really sorry, but my DV Cam messed up the entire Vanguard part of my tape (unlistenable, let alone unwatchable..dropped frames everywhere, skipping sound). I am going back tomarrow and will try to do it all again...Sorry bout that...
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 10:41 AM   #24
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick

This is wrong.

Brad McQuaid HIMSELF has told the Vanguard boards TONS of times that Vanguard will NEVER be on the Xbox360. In his words "I don't know why people keep making this up that Vanguard will be on Xbox360. This will NEVER happen. I don't know how much more clear I can say that."

BTW, this was even before Microsoft and Sigil split up when he stated this.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote