Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-28-03, 08:13 AM   #1
digitalwanderer

Default Typedef Enum: Good words!

I really enjoyed your story on the front page, I thought your opinion summed it up rather nicely.

Good words, damned good words. Nice job.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-03, 09:31 AM   #2
volt

Why are you so obsessed about this topic KoalaX?
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-03, 09:46 AM   #3
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

Quote:
Originally posted by KoalaX
You know where you are?

The Forums

You know what it's for?

Opinions

You know what the front page is for?

News

Stick to that please...I come here for news, not some crappy rants. The GF FX is still a great card, it's just not uber great. Leave your opinions in the forums, and if they're good enough, ppl will still read them...SHEESH

POST SOME NEWS!

I think CNN.com has the stale, cut-and-dry market cornered..and I think patented.

No thanks.
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-03, 10:16 AM   #4
AshG
RootzWiki Minion

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

Quote:

You know what the front page is for?

News
Two words: journalistic integrity. The opinions are being presented as just that, opinions. I'd agree thatthe line had been crossed if opinion had been presented as fact, but I have to back up Typedef on this one.

If you don't like it, skip it. It's that easy.

Unless you have Fanboy Syndrome and need constant quick fixes. There are cures from that. Basque style.
Old 01-28-03, 10:19 AM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by AshG
Unless you have Fanboy Syndrome and need constant quick fixes. There are cures from that. Basque style.
Just stay the flange away from my fondue forks.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-03, 10:21 AM   #6
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

Yeah, very good post on the front. nvnews probably gained a lot of respect from rage3d members with that.
Old 01-28-03, 12:02 PM   #7
saturnotaku

Quote:
This site is headed for the toilet...started when you went to a gen hardware site, and now you are all fanATIcs, no wonder NVIDIA didn't give you guys an FX
It appears that someone here didn't pass 5th grade reading comprehension. Let me put it in bold letters for you so it will be easier:

Quote:
If you don't like it, skip it. It's that easy.
Thank you, please drive through.
Old 01-28-03, 12:28 PM   #8
digitalwanderer

Angry What the hell?

Hey, I was just showing some appreciation for a tasteful expression of a community event that happened yesterday! To NOT have posted something about the communities reaction would have been a bigger form of bias in my opinion.

Jeeze! Not mentioning it is like the old parable of the white elephant in the room. You don't have to agree that the FX was disapointing, but to pretend that the FX didn't premiere to a disapointing reaction on the web is sort of to deny reality. (Which I firmly expect nVidia to do, but ain't we a bit brighter than that?)
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-03, 12:51 PM   #9
volt

Default Re: What the hell?

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Hey, I was just showing some appreciation for a tasteful expression of a community event that happened yesterday! To NOT have posted something about the communities reaction would have been a bigger form of bias in my opinion.

Jeeze! Not mentioning it is like the old parable of the white elephant in the room. You don't have to agree that the FX was disapointing, but to pretend that the FX didn't premiere to a disapointing reaction on the web is sort of to deny reality. (Which I firmly expect nVidia to do, but ain't we a bit brighter than that?)
You didn't do anything wrong bud haha. It's KoalaX who keeps on popping up with this strange question. We appreciate all kinds of feedback
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 01-28-03, 04:06 PM   #10
volt

KoalaX: keep it down or I will make you suffer

Old 01-28-03, 04:59 PM   #11
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
KoalaX: keep it down or I will make you suffer
He can do that...

And no, I cannot stop whoring that. It's hilarious.
Old 01-28-03, 10:01 PM   #12
saturnotaku

Quote:
Just looking at your sig, and I wouldn't have expected a different answer from another fanATIc
Ahh, another misinformed comment from a n00b. Please, continue to speak. I always enjoy watching people continually make asses of themselves.