Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-03, 11:12 AM   #13
Mark_fox
www.Warp2Search.net

I like nVidia and all that but man, these few posts have really been biased as hell, even the biggest nVidiot would see that...then again, this is nvnews - so maybe the bias should be expected...
Old 02-02-03, 11:14 AM   #14
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark_fox
I like nVidia and all that but man, these few posts have really been biased as hell, even the biggest nVidiot would see that...then again, this is nvnews - so maybe the bias should be expected...
I really don't know who in particular you are trying to pick a slanging match with, Mike had not posted that news post.
GR Talkin had posted it.

(BTW: I am not looking for a slanging match)
Old 02-02-03, 11:17 AM   #15
Mark_fox
www.Warp2Search.net

I didn't say Mike, I thought in a "Hey GR Talkin, whats with all the propaganda??" thread it would be clear I was referring to GR Talkin. Sorry!
Old 02-02-03, 11:19 AM   #16
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark_fox
I didn't say Mike, I thought in a "Hey GR Talkin, whats with all the propaganda??" thread it would be clear I was referring to GR Talkin. Sorry!
Oh, then my apologies.

On another note: I didn't know what this thread was about until I read your post. (despite the fact that I was discussing the same thing)
Old 02-02-03, 11:30 AM   #17
digitalwanderer

Thumbs up Methinks it's time for a group hug.

I don't have a problem with different people having different bias', that's why crayolas come in boxes of 64.

This constant bickering about who is an nVidiot/fanATIc is getting old, people do not have to be on one side or the other and their feelings can change over time. (*COUGH-COUGH*markfoxpostingforbest9700proprices*COUGH-COUGH* )

I think focusing on the personalities is just a distraction on focusing on the cards. (Well, aside from being fun and all... )

But at the end of the day, they're still just video cards and far from signifigant in the greater scheme of things. I'll hypocrite myself before the day is out on that statement, but I know I do and I do it because it's fun for me to distract meself from my daily grind....but please keep in mind that this is just about viddy cards and don't take it too personally either way.

I'll now let y'all tear in to each other again, it's sort of fun to watch.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 02-02-03, 11:36 AM   #18
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Default Re: Methinks it's time for a group hug.

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I don't have a problem with different people having different bias', that's why crayolas come in boxes of 64.

This constant bickering about who is an nVidiot/fanATIc is getting old, people do not have to be on one side or the other and their feelings can change over time. (*COUGH-COUGH*markfoxpostingforbest9700proprices*COUGH-COUGH* )

I think focusing on the personalities is just a distraction on focusing on the cards. (Well, aside from being fun and all... )

But at the end of the day, they're still just video cards and far from signifigant in the greater scheme of things. I'll hypocrite myself before the day is out on that statement, but I know I do and I do it because it's fun for me to distract meself from my daily grind....but please keep in mind that this is just about viddy cards and don't take it too personally either way.

I'll now let y'all tear in to each other again, it's sort of fun to watch.
Tell that to Derek Smart, I think he was banned from Beyond3D after a slanging match about Ati's drivers.
All we need is to bring DS here and we will have abnormal/sick slanging match.
Old 02-02-03, 11:40 AM   #19
Mark_fox
www.Warp2Search.net

Default Re: Methinks it's time for a group hug.

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Well, hehe, I was posting truth, you cannot argue with the fact that Radeon 9700 Pro from Crucial costs £232.64, though you might argue that:
1. Itís not a good card - itís not worth £232.64
2. Geforce FX is a bargain so why get Radeon 9700 Pro for 232.64
etc etc...

(Oh btw, digitalwanderer was referring to this post I made.
Old 02-02-03, 11:46 AM   #20
Solomon

I've been labeled as a variety of things. It first started that I was Pro Nvidia because of me criticizing the motherboard issues with the initial 9700 Pro's. Then now I'm Pro ATi because I've been criticizing Nvidia's Ti4800 and the FX.

You can't please everyone. Do I really care if die hard ATi or Nvidia users harp on me? Hell no. It's just computer hardware. If most of the die hards would back away from their shrines they have nestled in their closets they would notice this.

Plus, I don't understand why people are so dismayed with GR Talking. If he wants to harp on ATi or what not. Let him. If you guys don't like what's on a site. Just visit another site. It's just mind boggling that you get harped on and flame email because some individuals don't like what you post. Hehehehe. It's like wathching TV. You don't like it, change the channel.

This is a Nvidia site no? If you don't expect to be a little Nvidia Biased here then something is up. After all the name of the website then should be changed to something other then nV. You see the same ***** going on at Rage3D. You just deal with it or don't visit the site. Is this such a hard concept to understand?

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Old 02-02-03, 11:48 AM   #21
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Amen to that
Old 02-02-03, 12:03 PM   #22
netape
High kicking sheznit

I agree with "fanATIcs". Am I a "fanATIc" now?
Old 02-02-03, 12:20 PM   #23
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

The problem is that in the past, this site wasn't so biased.
So, we've been visiting it supposing that.

Now, if it becomes biased, you might not visit it anymore. And considering how you found the site good before that, you'd probably prefer to continue visiting a good site rather than stopping to visit a bad one.

Just IMO, of course. I think GR Talking would be fine if he looked a little less nVidia biased. Being a little biased is np, but being heavily biased is not.

Uttar
Old 02-02-03, 12:26 PM   #24
Onde Pik
Thrakhath nar Kiranka

Default Re: Re: Hey GR Talkin, whats with all the propaganda??

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Coming from the guy who found humour in nvnews been hacked.....
Alot of guys barked a laugh at that, I have been hacked too and I laughed at that too. I never laughed at u guys losing data, I actually told how sorry I was when u lost forum data. I do like this site, but every news post like GR's and replies like this one makes me like it a bit less. Well maybe you don't care, but I do. I tried not to be hostile and put this in as kind a way I could, but honestly I dont believe that those posts are appropriate.

The fact is that there is a big diffrence between a reply to a thread in a forum by a person who is complete non affiliated with the site. And news posts posted on the front page of a very sucessful vidiocard news site, news posts posted by an official person representing the site.

Im sorry if I offended you by my post, I really didnt mean to, but your reply indicates that I did. Sorry d00d
Closed Thread