Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-03, 05:11 PM   #37
The Baron

News posts. The ATI tech support post, in particular.

And I hope to God that MX performance quote was taken out of context.

Old 02-02-03, 05:12 PM   #38
GR Talkin

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom
Since you're new to the forums, let me point out that there is something called an edit button. If you can't use your brain, at least try using that.
Venom, you will never receive another response from me. End of story.
Old 02-02-03, 05:14 PM   #39
Venom

Promise?
Old 02-02-03, 05:23 PM   #40
GR Talkin

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
News posts. The ATI tech support post, in particular.

And I hope to God that MX performance quote was taken out of context.
Why the tech support post? Don't you think it is ridiculous to have to pay for tech support? I think the comparison was indeed the best way to illustrate how ridiculous I thought ATI's approach is and how awesome BFG's is.

The MX card quote:

Nope, when I tested that card, it was the fastest card for the money available. Bar none.
Old 02-02-03, 05:29 PM   #41
The Baron

Quote:
Why the tech support post? Don't you think it is ridiculous to have to pay for tech support? I think the comparison was indeed the best way to illustrate how ridiculous I thought ATI's approach is and how awesome BFG's is.
Yeah.. fair enough. But how is it news? It's not, really--that's the kind of thing that should be included in a review of a BFG or ATI card. And I think this is where the problem lies--it seems to have nothing to do with anything, and as a result, it pissed people off.

And OK, for a $80 card, the MX is the fastest thing out there (at least in Q3A).

Old 02-02-03, 05:33 PM   #42
Solomon

You're wrong GR Talkin, Nvidia does sell products. They sell shirts, mugs, and mousepads! LOL! Hahaha.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

P.S. A word of advice. Unless MikeC says otherwise. Post what's on your mind and who cares about the people who seem to complain what you say. I for one enjoy your posts. You have character and don't take ***** from no one. At least you aren't another mindless droid who just posts links! Any monkey with diapers can do that. If for reasons you aren't liked there. Shoot me an email.
Old 02-02-03, 05:35 PM   #43
GR Talkin

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Yeah.. fair enough. But how is it news? It's not, really--that's the kind of thing that should be included in a review of a BFG or ATI card. And I think this is where the problem lies--it seems to have nothing to do with anything, and as a result, it pissed people off.

And OK, for a $80 card, the MX is the fastest thing out there (at least in Q3A).
Well, it was news to me and it may news to someone who is thinking of buying an ATI card. And, important news at that, don't ya think?
Old 02-02-03, 05:35 PM   #44
Venom

Have an honest question for you GR. Have you actually tried calling both to see how they compare? Or are you basing your conclusion on what each website says? I can offer you 24/7/365 tech support for free, for every part in your computer, from any company, hell even support for your car, tv, microwave, and dvd player, but if the number is always busy and my vision of support (once you can reach the support) is telling you to visit the manufactorers website and then promtly hanging up, how good of tech support is it then? My point is, there's more to comparing tech support than looking at the companies website and seeing what kind of tech support is stated.

Personally, I rather pay for tech support (not that I have ever in my life called or needed tech support) and get a quick fix/solution, then have free tech support that sends me running around in circles for 2 weeks before getting anywhere. Anyone else agree?

Old 02-02-03, 05:36 PM   #45
GR Talkin

Quote:
Originally posted by Solomon
You're wrong GR Talkin, Nvidia does sell products. They sell shirts, mugs, and mousepads! LOL! Hahaha.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

P.S. A word of advice. Unless MikeC says otherwise. Post what's on your mind and who cares about the people who seem to complain what you say. I for one enjoy your posts. You have character and don't take ***** from no one. At least you aren't another mindless droid who just posts links! Any monkey with diapers can do that. If for reasons you aren't liked there. Shoot me an email.
If NVIDA starts charging for support in their tee shirts, then they are bras! And they should charge more. I dunno if you are married but I am and I know those puppies cost a bunch!
Old 02-02-03, 05:40 PM   #46
GR Talkin

Well folks, I think I was successful on my first day at nVNews. At the very least, Im earned a bit about our readers and what they may or may not enjoy reading and/or wish to see on the news page.

I have been sniffing about the net for fun stuff and had some success. I will be back in the AM to do some more Talkin'. Trust me.

Until then,

Peace - Out

GR
Old 02-02-03, 05:41 PM   #47
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by GR Talkin
If NVIDA starts charging for support in their tee shirts, then they are bras! And they should charge more. I dunno if you are married but I am and I know those puppies cost a bunch!
That's the best thing I've heard all day.

Old 02-02-03, 06:27 PM   #48
AshG
Panem et circenses

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

Sorry, chiming in late on this one...

I didn't find the "support pricing" post to reflective of what I've come to expect from nVNews. The posting mannerism, style, and closure suggest an intentional and pointed slant not in favor of but in attack of a company. Yes, this is a fan site; however, that should not mean that the news postings should be visceral and meant to give certain low-ego readers a catharsis.

I'm not going to suggest or tell anyone how their job should be done. But, I've been in the business too. I still am in the business. I know effective writing when I see it. Yes, your post was effective - but it was also negatively affective. I can understand where it is within the site's goals to have a pro-nVidia stance, but it is clearly not in the best interests of anyone involved to take an anti-ATI stance. The devil's in the details, yes it is.

Now GR, I know you probably don't know me; several people here do, and they know I tend to write like a radio repair manual. Don't take this personally. Just realise that as long as you have access to the NewsPoster interface, you have a responsibility to each and every reader to post news that will positively affect the purchase and usage of certain graphics card (and now motherboard) products. Slanting facts, even resulting in accidental misrepresentation, is not the way to do this.

This isn't what I've come to expect from nVNews. I know this place from the inside out - that post wasn't nV quality.