Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-27-06, 11:02 PM   #25
Zelda_fan

Default Re: MMOs and boundries

roflmao

This is exactly why I quit World of Warcraft, because it was populated by losers like this. "falling in love with a female avatar?" lmfao get a damn life. Learn how to go out and have a good time, not get off talking to cyberbabes online.

If I were you, I'd uninstall WoW, burn the discs, and never touch a computer again.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-06, 11:29 PM   #26
Acid Rain
What a sweet little...

While I dislike MMORPGs, and refuse to get sucked into what I consider to be a huge, wastefull time-sink, I understand that others have a different definition of time wasted. Not that it matters, whatsoever, once you die.

Zelda, just for argument's sake, and not for the support of, or against, the scenario being discussed, please describe a "real" life.

Then explain, clearly, how that life is "better" than that of a heavy gamer. I'm interested to see what you come up with, and why.
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-06, 12:29 AM   #27
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Rain
Zelda, just for argument's sake, and not for the support of, or against, the scenario being discussed, please describe a "real" life.

Then explain, clearly, how that life is "better" than that of a heavy gamer. I'm interested to see what you come up with, and why.
you get laid
Old 05-28-06, 12:42 AM   #28
Zelda_fan

but in all seriousness, if someone is so pathetic he "falls in love" with a wow avatar, do you ever think he's had a real relationship in all his life?
Old 05-28-06, 02:38 AM   #29
nutball
International God of Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
you get laid
lol! You think that's all there is to life?!
Old 05-28-06, 03:23 AM   #30
Lil Sassy
G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutball
Hey man, don't knock it! Any German Shepherd worth his salt knows that's all there is in life. Even when your 50 and can barely sustain, that's all you'll ever have going for you. Everybody knows this.

It's called "Kickin Ass"
Lil Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-06, 05:18 PM   #31
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutball
So you are saying you'd choose "cybering" with a WoW avatar, over a woman?
Old 05-28-06, 08:22 PM   #32
ralinn
Masters

Oh christ, focus on your own life rather then taking so much interest (and slating) in someone elses. Each to their bloody own.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-06, 03:11 PM   #33
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Yeah but their own is really sad.
Old 05-30-06, 02:47 PM   #34
Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena
yes, I am a roleplayer when on MMOs I do not play as me in the game I play the avatar I created. I guess being a old school pen and paper RPGamer the thought of playing a RPG and skipping the whole role playing part of it did not cross my mind. But as I am seeing it looks like most people just play RPGs as them self. This would explain the reaction I got from the other player.

So my question would be if you are playing as your self in the game where do you draw your boundries? It seems if you are role playing the boundry is clear. Play the avatar not yourself. That way when something happens to your avatar you do not take it personal, it is just a game. But if you play as yourself then when something happens it is personal by definition.

Any thoughts?
Is this just a big troll?

How can you even ask other people where to draw their own boundaries when playing themselves in a game? as far as I know, not many people actually are "themselves"

I dont roleplay a "character" very much, but I dont exactly play myself, I dont go around telling people all my personal information, im just me playing the game and interacting with people normally, how hard is that to do?

It doesnt have anything to do with playing pen and paper RPG's, when you sit around with your friends and play pen and paper DnD or something, do you start having sex with them and flirting with them and making them all confused and angry at the character you are playing? probably not.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 09:04 PM   #35
killahsin

I think most of the responses to this thread have been sad. Alot of people here are probably bashing athena for things they themselves at some point did. Regardless of the actual content of the post. Some have decided to just flame her for being open and up front about some of the social aspects of mmos and roleplaying in general. At the same time showing basically the true divide between those whom roleplay, those whom do not, and those whom bash it just for the sake of bashing it, because others do so.

How people decide to play these games is up to them. If they play them any differently then you, hardly makes them have less of a life then yourselves. We all are gamers here with a life those who are not gamers might consider odd strange and downright creepy. We spend vast amounts of money on hardware just so our polygons can have more effects on them, on a constant basis. Some spend this money just for the right to brag, and hardly play any games on the machine. Others spend it and play a load of games. We ALL need to "get a life" by the definition being thrown around in here.

But to flame a person for being open about somthing most of you wouldn't admit ever taking part of for fear of ridicule and thus taking part in the ridicule is by far more dissapointing.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 09:24 PM   #36
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
But to flame a person for being open about somthing most of you wouldn't admit ever taking part of for fear of ridicule and thus taking part in the ridicule is by far more dissapointing.
I can say with 100% conviction that I have never "fallen in love with" or "cybered with" someone in an online video game. LOL and I think most people here can say that as well.