Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-06, 10:40 PM   #37
killahsin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Thanks for your input on the subject. I'm glad to know you know most people here intimately enough to say that.
__________________
Quote:
MSI 780i diamond sli.
8400 core 2 duo.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 11:26 PM   #38
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
Thanks for your input on the subject. I'm glad to know you know most people here intimately enough to say that.
Most people at nvnews are normal people. Someone who "falls in love with a WoW avatar" is not a normal person. Those people are wierdos. It's really just simple numbers.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 03:18 AM   #39
killahsin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Most people at nvnews are normal people. Someone who "falls in love with a WoW avatar" is not a normal person. Those people are wierdos. It's really just simple numbers.

thank you for defining what is and is not normal. I am quite sure you have changed the philosiphical and sociology world in one fatal swoop. I'm sure you have those simple numbers at your disposal too. But again as you always do, I'm sure you will enlighten us to the facts. In fact ridicule us with the facts. Which leads me to wonder if you are a normal person. Do all normal people ridicule others whose beliefs they don't believe in? Rather one might define that as a contemptious person rather then a normal person.
__________________
Quote:
MSI 780i diamond sli.
8400 core 2 duo.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 09:46 AM   #40
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
thank you for defining what is and is not normal. I am quite sure you have changed the philosiphical and sociology world in one fatal swoop. I'm sure you have those simple numbers at your disposal too. But again as you always do, I'm sure you will enlighten us to the facts. In fact ridicule us with the facts. Which leads me to wonder if you are a normal person. Do all normal people ridicule others whose beliefs they don't believe in? Rather one might define that as a contemptious person rather then a normal person.

I'm not "re-defining" anything. It's simply common sense. People who confuse video games with reality have something VERY WRONG with them. At best they are simply losers nerds who need to get a life. At worst they are mentally ill.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy into the whole "accept me for who I am" philosophy. If someone is a loser, I'm not going to pat them on the head and tell them it's ok.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 06:43 PM   #41
killahsin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I'm not "re-defining" anything. It's simply common sense. People who confuse video games with reality have something VERY WRONG with them. At best they are simply losers nerds who need to get a life. At worst they are mentally ill.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy into the whole "accept me for who I am" philosophy. If someone is a loser, I'm not going to pat them on the head and tell them it's ok.

The only loser here is the person who has to ridicule those others who roleplay in roleplaying games. Noone is asking you to say anything is ok, nor are they asking for your rude behavior. You sir, have alot to learn. You make our younger generation look horribly ignorant. And you are redefining things. Social games have social atmospheres the same as social lifestyles have them. The foundation of the mmo was heavily based on social engineering. but of course again you know more then richard garriot also. In fact you seem to know more then everyone.
__________________
Quote:
MSI 780i diamond sli.
8400 core 2 duo.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 02:36 PM   #42
Parts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 361
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
By defending athena in the way that I am. I am hoping she messages me so we can fall in love with each others avatars and cyber
why isnt this locked yet, durr.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 02:49 PM   #43
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

I cyb8rd with sum hawt chicks on warKraft teh other day. It wuz totally awsom3.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 07:13 PM   #44
killahsin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts
why isnt this locked yet, durr.
Thanks for trying to insult me. Nice trolling attempt.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...TgwMDk4Wj.html

All those wierdos what are we going to do they're NOT normal. What is the world coming to. All those sociologists doing the research what are they going to do. Obviously these people aren't normal because parts and zelda say so!
__________________
Quote:
MSI 780i diamond sli.
8400 core 2 duo.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-06, 11:25 PM   #45
lIqUID
whip yo ass!
 
lIqUID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

I get on the boat to Theramore the other day on my pally (human female named "Liq") I get a tell from a female nightelf stating "I want to lick you from top to bottom" damn only if I wasnt going to kill Onyxia
__________________
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that wants to require every citizen to prove they are insured, but does not require them to prove that they are citizens!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 12:10 AM   #46
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
I get on the boat to Theramore the other day on my pally (human female named "Liq") I get a tell from a female nightelf stating "I want to lick you from top to bottom" damn only if I wasnt going to kill Onyxia
u should have cybered wtih her. it woLud have been 1337.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 12:12 AM   #47
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
Thanks for trying to insult me. Nice trolling attempt.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...TgwMDk4Wj.html

All those wierdos what are we going to do they're NOT normal. What is the world coming to. All those sociologists doing the research what are they going to do. Obviously these people aren't normal because parts and zelda say so!
I could humiliate you and make a poll asking if people who "cyber with warcraft babes" are losers. But I don't think I need to go that far.

20 couples, out of the millions of MMORPG subscribers. Yeah, that's a real convincing stat. Because you know, if .001% of the people do it - it's normal.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 01:18 AM   #48
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: MMOs and boundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I could humiliate you and make a poll asking if people who "cyber with warcraft babes" are losers. But I don't think I need to go that far.

20 couples, out of the millions of MMORPG subscribers. Yeah, that's a real convincing stat. Because you know, if .001% of the people do it - it's normal.
OK, yeah it is weird Zelda, but do you honestly think that making fun of people and continuously talking down to them does anything except make them feel like crap and make you look like an asshole? Seriously man, who needs to get a life more, the guy that does some "odd" things online while playing a game (its all entertainment right?) or the guy that spends all night putting those people down for no good reason?

Come on man. Its one thing to say "ehh... thats weird, you shouldnt let yourself get that involved". Its another thing entirely to post 15 messages telling them how pathetic they are.

Get over it.

Holy f***.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.