Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-08-06, 11:40 PM   #1
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork
Exclamation MSN messenger + hotmail problems. Oh god help me!

For the last 5 hours approx I have lost all ability to connect to the msn networks. I cannot access Hotmail, webmessenger, e-messenger, time.windows.com, windowsupdate, etc. However, I can access all other sites (not related to messenger or microsoft, as far as I can tell).

The funny thing is that this is happening on the three computers I have at home (2 wired, one laptop on wireless). ( the laptop is even running Live messenger, but I still have the same problem). When I run the diagnostics thinger msn messenger comes with it says I have a problem with my keyports, but it is unable to fix it.

The error I receive when trying to log on is the following: 80072efd. After googling it quite a bit, it a ppears to be a proxy configuration error... however, I am not using any proxy.

The interesting part is that apparently my ISP is having problems at their central, or so they say, but I'm having problems only with MSN related sites.

My current setup is 2 computers hooked on a D-Link DI624 wireless router and a laptop on wireless.

This **** is really frustrating me.

Long story short:
  • Getting error 80072efd when trying to log on to msn messenger
  • I cannot access MSN related websites... or windows for that matter.
  • MSN messenger troubleshoot says I have trouble with my key ports but it is unable to repair it.
  • My ISP reports problems at their central, but I still have internet access.
  • The problem is present on all three computers on my network.
  • Simple network. D-Link DI624 Wireless router connecting 2 computers and a VoIP device (which is functioning, BTW).

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Tuork is offline   Reply With Quote