Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-19-06, 11:54 AM   #13
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Best MMORPG for me?

If you are ages 13 and under I would recommend WoW

If you are older than that I would say wait for Vanguard.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 04:12 PM   #14
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

your crazy, WOW is a great game. Ive been playing since nearly release and have charcters on both factions....I just never get tired of it.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 06:30 PM   #15
nrdstrm

I'd say wait for Vanguard as well. It looks to be a very immersive game with alot of what you talked about to be included. If you must, go ahead and play EQ2 or WOW for now, but definetly keep an eye on VG...As far as EQ2 and lower level soloing, at least when I played, is completely viable. I think I got to around 10 before I started grouping, plus levels 1-4 I think start on the Newbie Island, wich you can completely solo for sure.
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 07:36 PM   #16
dnewhous

I think I will wait for Vanguard - and if I get impatient pick up NWN 2. But you really need to be monogamous to get the max benefit from a MMORPG. I am both unable and unwilling to be a gameaholic.
dnewhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-06, 01:49 PM   #17
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

FFXI is a great game, it has bards an awesome storyline that puts you in the center of it all. Huge monsters at high levels and tons of content.

Theyre implementing Chocobo Breeding next patch where you can breed chocobos and call them in the wild etc.

Oh did I mention bards are litteraly worshipped in ffxi? Great job class to be IMO

U level up fast and people are always willing to help you, and you get songs that do stuff like make you run fast :P. Just be ready to use multiple instruments for different songs. Its pretty complex and tons of fun. And the new expansion pack is awesome with new events like Assault and Besieged.
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-06, 02:01 PM   #18
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
If you are ages 13 and under I would recommend WoW

If you are older than that I would say wait for Vanguard.
Just wondering as to why you hate WoW?
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-06, 02:23 PM   #19
a12ctic

WoW is a GREAT game, but after a few months it gets OLD and leveling gets really boring, the quests are all simular and grinding is no more, by lvl 40 i had gotten so bored i had made a guild to keep me company and had most of the world uncovered on my map and had pretty much every flight path that i could (even the lvl 60 zones). If your worried about little kids ****ing up your game, the horde seems to be much more mature in general, at least from what ive experianced.
Old 06-20-06, 02:46 PM   #20
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by a12ctic
WoW is a GREAT game, but after a few months it gets OLD and leveling gets really boring, the quests are all simular and grinding is no more, by lvl 40 i had gotten so bored i had made a guild to keep me company and had most of the world uncovered on my map and had pretty much every flight path that i could (even the lvl 60 zones). If your worried about little kids ****ing up your game, the horde seems to be much more mature in general, at least from what ive experianced.
WoW is a great game IMO too. Horde for life. 60 elemental shaman, 60 feral druid, and 60 mage here. I also have a few other 20s, 30s, and 40s, but after you do the 0 to 60 thing enough, you don't want to do it anymore. The key is to find a great guild that matches your playstyle and focus on one toon that you enjoy playing.

Old 06-20-06, 07:33 PM   #21
dnewhous

WoW is right out. Since I am disqualifying it discussions to its merits should be taken elsewhere. Don't argue with me.

FFXI - can bards make their own instruments? Collect raw materials to make them?

In a related note it is plain that Ultima Online is on its last legs. You can't buy a new copy anymore! Comments are that they appear to be de-emphasizing crafting in favor of munchkinnish treasure hunting in an effort to get more subscribers. They're barking up the wrong tree, you are never going to attract munchkins with an arhaic game engine anyway. They are frittering away their only gimmick. I think they should develop a sequel with a game engine similar to NWN. In fact, why not license Bioware's game engine? NWN sucks as a single player but the game engine is a superb modernization of an isometric perspective.

Last edited by dnewhous; 06-20-06 at 09:48 PM.
dnewhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 09:22 AM   #22
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnewhous
WoW is right out. Since I am disqualifying it discussions to its merits should be taken elsewhere. Don't argue with me.
You know, that's downright rude of a newcomer that has asked for opinions. You almost practically describe the game to a T throughout your posts, then post that with no supportive arguement. A simple not interested in ANY one of your posts would have been sufficient. Poor attitudes won't get you far here.
Old 06-21-06, 09:57 AM   #23
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
You know, that's downright rude of a newcomer that has asked for opinions. You almost practically describe the game to a T throughout your posts, then post that with no supportive arguement. A simple not interested in ANY one of your posts would have been sufficient. Poor attitudes won't get you far here.
Well you are all shoving WoW in his face when he stated that he likes the Bard class and from my knowledge there is no such class in WoW. The game offers nothing for him, especially his favorite class.

If I had to recommend a game for you, dnewhous, I would say Everquest 2. It's not the greatest on the market but it has a decent sized community, everyone is pretty friendly and some great graphics. It does now offer some more solo experiance if you know how to play your class, aswell as offering one of the best crafting systems on the market.

Try it out, you can get the Trial on Fileplanet. Costs nothing and allows you to play as long as you want untill you wish to leave the newbie island.
Old 06-21-06, 10:12 AM   #24
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Well you are all shoving WoW in his face when he stated that he likes the Bard class and from my knowledge there is no such class in WoW. The game offers nothing for him, especially his favorite class.
I posted about it once. It has only been mentioned like 3 times in this thread, no more than any other game. How is that in his face? Besides that, I don't think he will find any game out there that has the 'oldschool' bards like UO had. I had one on UO and cancelled promptly after the huge bard nerf they had. They were simply too overpowered due to the fact that you had a decent chance at provoking max level mobs at lower level skill. EQ2 does have bards, but I'm not sure if that's what he's looking for.