Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-06, 08:08 AM   #1
K007

Default Grr..Securom..GTFO?

Well when i got my new hardware and installed it i installed a fresh copy of Windows XP to my new HDD. I didnt connect my second HD till much much later after install stuff..but i never formated the second HD so it still have Windows XP stuff etc, but i didnt make it to boot, so its just a hdd with data.

So...I go through the stuff in my second HDD so i can delete the stuff/keep what i want etc, ie program files in that hdd is useless..etc etc..so i come across a folder called securom..hidden..and i cant delete it...wtf?

What/how to get rid of it..apart from format
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 03:56 PM   #2
bknblk
Filthy Pinko

Default Re: Grr..Securom..GTFO?

Maybe if you didn't run pirated games you would not be experiencing this. I am laughing my azz off right now as I look at the scene release .rar for nfsmw on your desktop. Pay for the software you run, loser! I truly hope your install is hosed and that the only corporate key you have for XP has been blacklisted.
The whole idea of a Palestinian nation and a Palestinian people is an invention of Arab propaganda. Arafat was himself an Egyptian. The only people to have lived continuously on the land from time immemorial are Jews. So many others have conquered, ruled, thrived and ultimately perished there that the list would take hundreds of pages. A mere sample would include: Byzantines, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Circassians, Kurds, Abbassids (Iraqis), Egyptians, Kharezmians (Genghis Khan), Mamluks, Mongols, Latins (Crusaders), Ottomans, French and English.

It is not and never was Palestinian land.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."....Ronald Reagan

"You guys are still crying about Fox News? Damn you little sandy vagina metro sexual emos need to grow a pair of balls."....UDawg(FTMFW)
bknblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 04:59 PM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknblk
Maybe if you didn't run pirated games you would not be experiencing this. I am laughing my azz off right now as I look at the scene release .rar for nfsmw on your desktop. Pay for the software you run, loser! I truly hope your install is hosed and that the only corporate key you have for XP has been blacklisted.
What a dork.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 06:14 PM   #4
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007
What/how to get rid of it..apart from format
You need to use an old DOS program like Volkov Commander:

http://www.egner-online.de/vc/en/intro.shtml

This was the only way I got rid of the hidden Securom files, but it leaves some keys in the registry which can´t be removed either.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 07:21 PM   #5
supra
2JZ powered

Send a message via MSN to supra

Quote:
how do u know he didnt pay for it? that could be just a nocd crack which I always try to find one for games Ive paid for because its bloody annoying switching cds for every game you want to play
Old 06-27-06, 08:59 PM   #6
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread

Quote:
Are you perfect? Do you know what he has and hasn't paid for? Do you know what's on his computer? No? Then STFU.
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 10:22 PM   #7
rewt
mmm, Beer.. :drooling:

You can't assume that rld-nsmw is the entire pirated game. Could be just a nocd patch as supra mentioned. I don't think thats such a big deal if you own the game, but thats just my opinion.

Windows explorer has a hissy fit when trying to delete files with special characters in them.

You can remove the registry entries by booting up with Ultimate Boot Cd for Windows or BartPE and then loading the hive in regedit.

The registry hives are located in c:\windows\system32\config\

This is of course assuming they can't be deleted in a more simple fashion. Rootkits often hide stuff in the registry and booting offline (i.e. from another OS) will help fix that.
Athlon64 Venice 3000+ @ 2.6GHz (4100+) · Win XP Pro x86, Vista Ultimate x64 · eVGA K8-NF41 nForce4 SLi · Corsair XMS 1.5GB PC3200 CAS2/1T · eVGA 2x 6600GT SLi · Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe · Western Digital Caviar SE ½TB RAID 0/1 · PowerLink LPK2-30 400W · LiteON LDW-411S OC to 811S 8x DVD±R/RW/ROM · MicroAdvantage 64MB QuickiDrive · Samsung SyncMaster 931B 19" LCD · Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse USB · Sony PSXtoUSB Analog Gamepads · Memorex MX2700 Multimedia Keyboard · Lexmark 3200 Color Jetprinter · nForce Network Controller 1Gb/s LAN (Cable ~3Mb/s down) · ΩPioneer Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
rewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 12:43 AM   #8
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

A program called killbox should get rid of that, no problem.

Or try deleting it in safemode.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-06, 01:22 AM   #9
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Calm down there sparky, its just a no-cd crack

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/50...ed_No_CD_crack

I dont use the CDs\DVDs for any of my games, for one Im lazy, but the main reason is to prevent the disks from being ruined over time. That doesnt mean I didnt buy them.

I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions to spew out anti-piracy crap any time they see the opportunity.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 01:17 AM   #10
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Calm down there sparky, its just a no-cd crack

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/50...ed_No_CD_crack

I dont use the CDs\DVDs for any of my games, for one Im lazy, but the main reason is to prevent the disks from being ruined over time. That doesnt mean I didnt buy them.

I wish people would stop jumping to conclusions to spew out anti-piracy crap any time they see the opportunity.
u toorent a nocd patch?
go to www.gamecopyworld.com instead
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-06, 06:47 AM   #11
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior

Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy

NFS MW is great! I actually use Game Drive to make images of my games so I can still play them online. Most of the time you can't play patched exe games online.

*sorry to deviate from the OP like the rest, but since his OP was answered...*
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-06, 09:26 AM   #12
K007

Quote:
Erm..this is kinda old thread which i forgot to check.

FYI I have alot of games installed and i really dont have time to through so many CD/DVDs, where possible i use a mini image or better a crack so that i dont have to keep inserting the CD/DVD everytime i change a game.

BF2
Hitman Blood Money
NFSMW
Oblivion
FEAR
FABLE (Yea i still play this here and there)
TRL

Quake4 is one where i dont have to do anything since activision removes the check (<3)

Also some of the old games where it needs alot of CDS like KOTRII i actually made them into ISOS and then burn all the isos into a DVD and just mount them off the DVD..i mean it saves alot of insert disc..open disc..insert disc..i just make alot of image drivers and mount each cd but all of the cds are inside the dvd ><

With a 10GB Cap on my cable in AUS that counts both upload and download i dont bother with any bogus versions..only illegal download thing i do is get tv episodes..and thats only because AUS is so far behind / dont show alot of shows here....i mean..jeez they stopped showing SG1/SGA for over a year now..and when they show its arround 11pm..but hey..got alot of DIY SHOWS! (pirate)

I did pirate stuff ages ago..but i dont bother with that **** anymore.

PS:Ontopic i have formated the HDD, i was just trying to go over the **** in my old hdd seeing the stuff i wanted and not because i got a new 320gb hdd.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote