Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-02-06, 08:11 PM   #109
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok
Default Re: titan quest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie
This game is sending my temps into the stratosphere. Nothing else I have does this; I just hit 72c on gpu1 for the first time ever.

12 x 16, 8x SLI AA, 16xAF. Looks great, a little jumpy but playable.
Yeah, I had to make damn sure I blew all the dust out of my laptop. It was getting so hot I couldn't touch the keys in the upper right portion of the keyboard above where the GPU is. Never had anything else get that bad!
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-06, 08:20 PM   #110
nrs421

is there any way to store stuff?
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-06, 10:46 PM   #111
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrs421
is there any way to store stuff?
Eventually you get a bag that you can hold more stuff on you.

Man. I am really loving this game. I just made it to Egypt

How many places are there? Is Egypt the last place? I took me 15 hours to get through Greece.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-06, 11:12 PM   #112
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Eventually you get a bag that you can hold more stuff on you.

Man. I am really loving this game. I just made it to Egypt

How many places are there? Is Egypt the last place? I took me 15 hours to get through Greece.
by the look of the file names

Titan Quest\Resources

SceneryGreece.arc
SceneryEgypt.arc
SceneryBabylon.arc
SceneryOlympus.arc
SceneryOrient.arc

there are 5 worlds, not sure in what order
Old 07-02-06, 11:14 PM   #113
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
It's called "A Touch of Glass" for WindowBlinds. Basically the Taskbar and Window borders are all translucent. Looks really good when you have a wallpaper thats goes behind the taskbar and gives you the ability to see it.

i haven't used windowblinds in at least 4-5 years, last time i used was back in windows 98 times, does it still use allot of recources?
Old 07-03-06, 06:02 AM   #114
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
i haven't used windowblinds in at least 4-5 years, last time i used was back in windows 98 times, does it still use allot of recources?
If you hack around it you can stop it from loading altogether, Im just using the skin... not the application (had to buy it though).
Old 07-03-06, 07:39 AM   #115
Shocky

Well the only difference the sli fix has made is the framerate on the menu screen has double, actual gameplay is about the same just with less drops in certain places...

Also it still crashes... not that it was ment to fix that. lol
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 07:45 AM   #116
ciaspook
In the shadows...

I fixed my problems with TQ by installing the latest AMD CPU drivers (v1.32) and re-installing the 91.33 drivers. Been rock solid since.

Great game btw...Level 27 Battlemage now With all the sidequests and exploring you quickly go up in levels.

Old 07-03-06, 12:27 PM   #117
Becoming

Quote:
If you hack around it you can stop it from loading altogether, Im just using the skin... not the application (had to buy it though).
i'd be curious how to do that. i'm using the uxtheme.dll patch to get non-ms themes working on my rig, but i'd be curious about the windows blinds as long as it didn't mess around with junk it didn't need to. plus i recall some of the older games i played online thought it was a hack back in the day since the anti-cheat apps in those games saw it as a visual hook or something. that's one of the reasons i stopped using it a few years ago.

anyway...loving the titan quest. level 13 so far and rolling steady.
Becoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 12:59 PM   #118
leafo

Quote:
You are still using the application, even if you dont know it. It integrates into windows and still takes up sondierable resources compared to a normal windows theme file. You are just not using the ugly loader program that comes with it.
leafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 01:16 PM   #119
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafo
You are still using the application, even if you dont know it. It integrates into windows and still takes up sondierable resources compared to a normal windows theme file. You are just not using the ugly loader program that comes with it.
If you consider 2MB more then the normal Xp Theme amount of 18MB to be something to worry about then you need to get a new PC. My explorer.exe is only 20MB while my roommates who doesn't have windowblinds is 18MBs. What Im doing is stoping all Windowblinds services and background operations, The only reason I own the application was to get at some its other functions, like creating themes aswell as having the ability to change windows animations.

BTW I only have 27 Services running on my PC upon boot, that includes AntiVirus (has 3 background apps), Xfire, Torrents, Fraps, nTune and Razor Mouse Apps (3 of them).
Old 07-03-06, 01:28 PM   #120
LurkerLito

Anyone here having a problem controling the pet? According to the manual if I Hold Control + Mouse click the pet is suppose to move to that location but it doesn't work for me. The only way I can control the pet is to click on it's stat bar and the crosshairs come up and I where I click the mouse is where it goes. But the control + mouse 1 control does not work. I tried reassigning the key to something else but it doesn't work.
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote