Default Re: titan quest?

how do you get a pet?
Old 07-03-06, 12:30 PM   #122
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
how do you get a pet?
Certain classes have the ability to summon pets.
Old 07-03-06, 04:23 PM   #123
Superfly
Retired

OK so I just ordered this, any suggestions on choice of class?
Old 07-03-06, 05:17 PM   #124
|MaguS|

Do whatever YOU like, Everyone has different play styles (and this game can satisfy all of them). I went for a more melee passive skills guy. I didn't build a guy around usable skills but rather ones that aid my combat passivly.

I got some more shots that I will post. Found my issue with FRAPs, I never updated it...
Old 07-03-06, 05:23 PM   #125
Superfly
Retired

OK well having watched the trailors going as a warrior or archer looks pretty cool, can you muti-class?, I think I read that you could somewere in this thread.

The gameplay looks really fun in the trailors, this should hold me over until NVN2 and might even drag me away from Dark Messiah for a few hours!!
Old 07-03-06, 05:25 PM   #126
|MaguS|

Yeah, Thats the major draw about the class system. Its based of a tree like D2 but it has more depth. To access further in the tree you have to put more levels in the entire class and each skill has levels aswell.

Then you go multiclass which just adds even more customization, basically I don't you could ever meet someone online with the same build as your own unless you each use a guide or something.
Old 07-03-06, 05:26 PM   #127
Superfly
Retired

cool, sounds wicked.
Old 07-03-06, 05:33 PM   #128
|MaguS|

Heres a shot of the leveling system... Im guessing you might be even able to get a third class... don't know yet.

The Yellow bar on the side is the class level, you put points into that pool to gain stat points (str, dex, HP and others) aswell as its required if you wish to reach the higher level skills.

The skills are the boxes and circles, the circles are passive and the boxes are active skills. Each has a given amount of levels, You only require a single level in the skill to progress to the next enhancment of that skill (follow the line) but the main class level must be at the skills level to achieve it.

This all must be done each time your character levels, you only get 3 points to spread between everything... so you really got to think about what you want to do.

If you do make a mistake there is an NPC in certain towns that will remove points from a skill at a cost but you cannot remove class points (whatever you put in the main class is perm).

Pretty deep for a click crazy game like this.

Old 07-03-06, 05:40 PM   #129
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

To the best of my knowledge any class combination seems viable on normal. On epic and legendary, I've heard tons of bitching however, especially trying to solo them with some builds.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 09:10 PM   #130
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Heres a shot of the leveling system... Im guessing you might be even able to get a third class... don't know yet.

The Yellow bar on the side is the class level, you put points into that pool to gain stat points (str, dex, HP and others) aswell as its required if you wish to reach the higher level skills.

The skills are the boxes and circles, the circles are passive and the boxes are active skills. Each has a given amount of levels, You only require a single level in the skill to progress to the next enhancment of that skill (follow the line) but the main class level must be at the skills level to achieve it.

This all must be done each time your character levels, you only get 3 points to spread between everything... so you really got to think about what you want to do.

If you do make a mistake there is an NPC in certain towns that will remove points from a skill at a cost but you cannot remove class points (whatever you put in the main class is perm).

Pretty deep for a click crazy game like this.
I seriously hope that isn't your skill tree. Please tell me you are using Onslaught. Thats basically the best skill Warfare's have.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-06, 09:14 PM   #131
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
I seriously hope that isn't your skill tree. Please tell me you are using Onslaught. Thats basically the best skill Warfare's have.
Nope, not using it. I don't like the later extra skills to it. I am focusing more on my second class mastery. I could always go back and add points to it, but again... im going for passive none active skills.
Old 07-03-06, 09:35 PM   #132
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Nope, not using it. I don't like the later extra skills to it. I am focusing more on my second class mastery. I could always go back and add points to it, but again... im going for passive none active skills.
trust me on this one... use it. Dont use anything else in the tree. Just use Onslaught. I am a War/Spirit. I am mostly my second class as well. However, onslaught is definitely a skill I would not want to lose. Hell, I'd rather have onslaught then ALL of your warfare skills put together. Its really that good.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote