Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-27-06, 06:04 PM   #37
LurkerLito

Default Re: titan quest?

Ok problem solved. Alcohol 120% was the problem. Even though I uninstalled it a while ago. It seems it did some crap to my registry. Here is the securom page in case anyone else has this issue:
http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=7000
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 11:39 PM   #38
flukester
*BANNED*

I haven't had a single problem with the game so far. Played it all night tonight. The game runs silk smooth and it's maxxed out except for AA. I run @ 12x10. As well, some where saying something about a problem with the caves, been in about 5-6 so far, no problems at all. I haven't missed any quests so far and I'm on to my 3 point and I'm level 9. My computer fans don't pick up either and nvmonitor shows everything is fine too when I exit. The game is very fun and I'm enjoying it immensely kicking serious butt!! Dual weapons is so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito
Ok problem solved. Alcohol 120% was the problem. Even though I uninstalled it a while ago. It seems it did some crap to my registry. Here is the securom page in case anyone else has this issue:
Strange, I run Alcohol and Daemon tools and no problems here. The protection is nice on this game too, although you need the cd to load up, you can take it out anytime afterward. 5 hours straight no problems with no cd in the drive. Nocd doesn't even seem warrantable for this game.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 11:50 PM   #39
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito
I currently have ALcohol installed and never had an issue with any title ever... even Starforce games...

Im lvl 8 currently, I love how you can multiclass! PyroWarrior!
Old 06-28-06, 02:39 AM   #40
Lfctony

Well, even FEAR doesn't make my X1900XT whine as much as TQ. Great game though. Currently at level 14, Spirit/Warfare. Spellbreaker.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 02:54 AM   #41
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to zampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
This thing roasts my GPU. 110 C.
Re: Titan Quest demo tomorrow!
Old 06-28-06, 03:54 PM   #42
|MaguS|

Welp, Im writing this down as one of the buggiest titles I have played. For the third time I had to restart over due to saved game curroption. Im starting to get pissed.
Old 06-28-06, 05:38 PM   #43
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Welp, Im writing this down as one of the buggiest titles I have played. For the third time I had to restart over due to saved game curroption. Im starting to get pissed.
I've heard if you just keep trying to load the game, it eventually works. I've also heard if you delete the FOY folder in your save game directory, it fixes it.

I finally got my copy today. Haven't played a ton, up to Level 7 and just got past what was in the demo. It runs really well on my laptop, although I don't max things out. 1200x768 widescreen resolution, high textures, medium everything else. I was getting pretty bad audio hitching, but after I defragged (3rd time in a week) things went much better. Turned out the audio file was fragmented into over 200 parts! Jeeze, a fresh install on a freshly defragged HD doesn't do much huh?

I've heard all kinds of crazy issues. The leading theory seems to be that they fubared the multithreaded engine for this game, as all problems are horribly exagerated on hyperthreaded/dual-core systems.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 05:43 PM   #44
|MaguS|

The only issues brought up by Dual Cores is the nocd crack, but only dirty pirates should suffer from that issue (constant random crashing).

I think my issue might be my hard drive, could have some bad sectors or might be dying. Gonna do diagnostics on it tonight.

Old 06-28-06, 05:46 PM   #45
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
The only issues brought up by Dual Cores is the nocd crack, but only dirty pirates should suffer from that issue (constant random crashing).

I think my issue might be my hard drive, could have some bad sectors or might be dying. Gonna do diagnostics on it tonight.
Well, loads of people are getting save game corruption, so odds are its not you. I'm not shocked either, I looked in the save game directory and there were over 150 files! Having it that scattered...well thats just bad mojo.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 09:53 PM   #46
WimpMiester

Anyone know how to force a refresd rate? Funny the demo didn't have a problem with widescreen modes running at high refresh rates.
WimpMiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 12:13 AM   #47
|MaguS|

The final game doesn't either, atleast for me it doesn't. Im playing at 1920x1200@85hz perfectly fine.

I just got done doing a 5 hour MP session with a friend. Man this game is so fun!
Old 06-29-06, 03:00 PM   #48
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
The final game doesn't either, atleast for me it doesn't. Im playing at 1920x1200@85hz perfectly fine.

I just got done doing a 5 hour MP session with a friend. Man this game is so fun!
I get my 7950GX2 tomorrow. We should "hookup"

I'm going to definitely be a Warrior/Necro if that is possible.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote