Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-06, 03:46 PM   #49
|MaguS|

Default Re: titan quest?

Necro's care called Spirits. Im currently lvl 14, Im so loving this game.
Old 06-29-06, 03:49 PM   #50
Pyrannicus

It runs great with my XFX GEForce 6600GT graphix card. I am a Guild Wars Junky with quite a bit of Diablo under my belt. I think the gameplay is great!! It mixes the mythology storyline well and with 5 discs of content will keep any gamer on for months. I can't wait to see if they will have any expansion packs.

One good thing is the game comes with level creation software. I can't wait to see what other avid gamers put together. I hope everybody enjoys the game as much as I have so far, I just hope it doesn't have a sucky ending.
Pyrannicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 03:50 PM   #51
|MaguS|

My clicking finger hurts...
Old 06-29-06, 04:20 PM   #52
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

did your friend just play straight through or did he do the side missions too, cause that seems like a pretty short amount of time for this game

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 04:33 PM   #53
|MaguS|

I can't see it being 16 hours, Im still on the first world (act 4) and I don't see it near ending. He probably just blitz through it... Im on 10 or so hours now...
Old 06-29-06, 05:03 PM   #54
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
There are 4 acts for each difficulty level, right? Like in Diablo 2. You could be through sooner than you thought.
I believe that each act takes place in a different part of the world though, Im still in the original world...

Gamespots review says it should be 40 hours normally...

Quote:
The experience offered by Titan Quest is largely linear, but it's also incredibly long, and depending on how much time you spend pursuing optional side quests, it could conceivably take you more than 40 hours to play through the game on the default difficulty, and there are two more difficulty levels to unlock beyond that.
Old 06-29-06, 05:32 PM   #55
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Yeah, I've heard EACH act takes 10-15 hours, which seems about on target.

Apparently save game corruption only happens when the game crashes. It would appear that this means that the save games get written to at certain points in the game, but not finished until you quit properly or explicitely save? At least that is what the dev is claiming.

At any rate, I haven't had a single issue except for my laptop overheating. But I cleaned out all the dust and it's been running flawlessly. No hitches anymore, never had crashes in the first place. Loving the game so far. Up to level 13 I think. Maybe it was 14. I went Warfare/Defense but I'm kind of wishing I'd gone Warfare/Ranger with dual weilding spears. Ah well, maybe next time through.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 06:20 PM   #56
Pyrannicus

I just killed the centaur Nesser and talked to the Spartan General. I am getting into the ruins where the skeleton warriors are. I'm level 6 Warfare. I haven't picked my second profession, yet (level 8).

I really like it when the animals you kill drop pieces of amulets (need 5 to create the amulet) that imbue your armor with beastial powers. Makes the game that much different and challenging, where are the carrion crows when you need them??

At this rate, the game will be completed on my end probably in a couple of years. Anybody hear if there will be a strategy guide? And if so when the release date is?
Pyrannicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-06, 08:58 PM   #57
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

I have to drop a good word for TQ
The game is as addictive as D2, has been 100% stable for me and runs flawlessly @ 1680x1050
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 09:04 PM   #58
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0
the game hangs before starting...

...maybe a forceware problem?
More likely a securom problem. How much can you hear your DVD-ROM going nuts?
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 09:45 PM   #59
leafo

Well.. had my first crash.. and save game corruption along with it.. I was not liking my build anyway. It is fun I guess but I think dungeon siege 2 is better.
Going ot start a new game tomorrow after work.
leafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 05:58 AM   #60
|MaguS|

Has anyone tried disabling multicore in the config file? I set it to true and I saw a nice performance boost. Parts that were 28FPS have jumped to 40FPS.

Gonna look into this further but I think the game doesn't use Dual Cores properly.