Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-30-06, 11:08 AM   #73
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: titan quest?

i started playing the game from begging with co-op, but one thing that bothers me, main quest can't be done in co-op.
Old 06-30-06, 11:43 AM   #74
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
i started playing the game from begging with co-op, but one thing that bothers me, main quest can't be done in co-op.
Yes it can, Me and my friend were doing it perfectly. You just start off where ever the person who created the server was at.
Old 06-30-06, 11:56 AM   #75
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Yes it can, Me and my friend were doing it perfectly. You just start off where ever the person who created the server was at.
Co-op questlogs break when people are using the same cd-key. If two people go to do the same quest, and they are using the same cd-key, only one of them gets credit for it. And restarting doesn't help since as far as the game is concerned, that cd-key already finished the quest.

At least thats what I'm hearing. Which kind of sucks since I'm the only one of my friends who actually buys games. Guess I'll have to look up some extra keys before we LAN this weekend :P
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 11:59 AM   #76
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
Co-op questlogs break when people are using the same cd-key. If two people go to do the same quest, and they are using the same cd-key, only one of them gets credit for it. And restarting doesn't help since as far as the game is concerned, that cd-key already finished the quest.

At least thats what I'm hearing. Which kind of sucks since I'm the only one of my friends who actually buys games. Guess I'll have to look up some extra keys before we LAN this weekend :P
So basically its a problem with people cracking the game and sharing keys? Good people who do that don't deserve to play the game properly... tell your friends to stop being cheap ass pirates and buy the dam game if they want to play it.

So again, there is no issue with the game with COOP. It works as its intended. No game with keys allows people to play together when sharing the key... unless you hack/crack the game.
Old 06-30-06, 12:21 PM   #77
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Quote:
So basically its a problem with people cracking the game and sharing keys? Good people who do that don't deserve to play the game properly... tell your friends to stop being cheap ass pirates and buy the dam game if they want to play it.
*Shrug* They are college students. They'd rather...I donno...eat, than buy a game they could just as easily get for free. I did the same thing a few months ago (I just graduated recently). Food & Bills > Titan Quest. *Shrug* Now that I have the money, I'll buy games gladly, but come on, you gotta cut people some slack.
Old 06-30-06, 12:25 PM   #78
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
*Shrug* They are college students. They'd rather...I donno...eat, than buy a game they could just as easily get for free. I did the same thing a few months ago (I just graduated recently). Food & Bills > Titan Quest. *Shrug* Now that I have the money, I'll buy games gladly, but come on, you gotta cut people some slack.
So its ok for them to pirate games because they can't afford it? Wonderful! Im gonna go car jack someone because I can't afford a new car...

BTW Im also a college student, and jobless to boot... I saved my money...
Old 06-30-06, 12:36 PM   #79
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Quote:
So its ok for them to pirate games because they can't afford it? Wonderful! Im gonna go car jack someone because I can't afford a new car...

BTW Im also a college student, and jobless to boot... I saved my money...
*Sigh* Yes, yes it is. And it's also ok to take someones life now too, so fire away at those jerk-offs on the highway while you are joy riding!

Jeeze, use some common sense. Just because something is called "stealing" doesn't mean all things called "stealing" fall under the same category. It's amazing how much you convince people of just by insisting on certain labels alone. I can't wait for the first credible, long term study which shows that piracy across all media actually improves sales, as I suspect it does.
Old 06-30-06, 01:23 PM   #80
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
weird, i started the server, and i ended up in Helos, my friend joined and he was in Sparta, had to teleport to Helos.

when we went to the farmlands, i killed the mini Boss. Got back to Helos, looked up in the guest log, and it said this guest can't be completed in MP.

edit

i just saw some other post, both of us have our own copies, i got mine from Walmart in Aurora, IL, friend got it from Best Buy in Hoffman Estates, IL, or maybe it was Schaumburg, IL.

Old 07-01-06, 04:03 PM   #81
Shocky

Getting random crashes to desktop here, mostly well accessing the charactor/inventory screen... not using a nocd crack.... game just seems unstable.

Windows XP SP2
Using X2 4400+
7950GX2
X-Fi Music
2GB Memory
Other stuff...
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 04:40 PM   #82
|MaguS|

Perfectly stable for me, only issue I have had were the two times my saves got curropted but recently its been flawless... my guy has reached level 24 now.
Old 07-01-06, 05:47 PM   #83
|MaguS|

15+ about, My friend is further then me with more then 20 hours into it and hes not even done yet. He's currently in egypt.
Old 07-01-06, 06:19 PM   #84
|MaguS|

Maybe he was playing the demo instead... lol