Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-03-06, 12:51 PM   #1
|MaguS|

Default Im returning to Everquest :(

So SOE finally did something I like... They are creating a new server for the original Everquest called "Progression Server". Basically it contains all the expansions but only the original game is active, you need to beat each game and activate them in order... basically there will be a quest or boss that once beaten would allow players to travel to the next expansion.

This is a great idea, gives the community a goal to work towards insted of just killign raid mob after raid mob. It also allows a fresh start, new toons (no transfers) and new economy.

The original Everquest had some of the most amazing dungeons as did Kunark and Velious, this basically brings them back into focus since players will have to progress throughout the game and unlock the other areas.

Im sooo stoked for this, its something I wanted for a long time (basically a classic server witha twist). They haven't announced a date yet for it to go live but im prepared!
Old 05-03-06, 12:54 PM   #2
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Im returning to Everquest :(

Alot of my guild are returning to Everquest for this very reason. It is a very good idea, too bad EQ Emu's have been doing this same thing for years now.

I wonder if they will include rubicite armor ?? Or how they will handle revamps of zones? Examples being runnyeye , cazic thule, or even Freeport. Will they return to be what they were before?
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-06, 12:57 PM   #3
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Alot of my guild are returning to Everquest for this very reason. It is a very good idea, too bad EQ Emu's have been doing this same thing for years now.

I wonder if they will include rubicite armor ?? Or how they will handle revamps of zones? Examples being runnyeye , cazic thule, or even Freeport. Will they return to be what they were before?
Probably due to them being revamped with Aa and high levels in mind. As for the whole Emulator thing... yeah well I don't play on illegal servers with a population of nothing (I know they have some players but nothing compared to the official ones)...
Old 05-03-06, 12:57 PM   #4
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

BTW, why the sad face? You know you will have fun on Everquest. If anything you should be happy . Are you still playing DnD? Or did it bore you to death like it did me?
Old 05-03-06, 12:59 PM   #5
|MaguS|

I like DnD but I hate the fact that theres NOTHING to do if you don't have a group (I don't do pick up groups), plus most people run the same 10 dungeons... it gets boring.

I loved EQ, thats the problem... I don't want to get hooked again.
Old 05-03-06, 07:05 PM   #6
lognoronon

Not to be negative about it but the server eventualy will just wind up like any other server. Enjoy it until that point though which could be a while but who knows. I still think EQ1 is the best MMO on the market so not ragging on the game.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-06, 08:33 PM   #7
|MaguS|

of course later it will become like the others but it will take time and all I want is 2-3months...
Old 05-04-06, 12:09 PM   #8
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

id never go back to everquest if not because it would cost $100 in expansions before I could raid with my guild again. ^^ I have been playing wow for a little over a year now and just deactivated my account a second time due to just not being happy with the end game (I've got my epic gear, and the fact that each new high end dungion is a factor tougher then the last, its a repeat syndrome of beating your head against the same encounter for weeks, months, to pass it. Atleast in everquest there was usualy multiple raids available for you to switch off of, no "one" raid we would keep doing day after day) and pvp is still broken as hell due to the horde imbalance on every server making battlegrounds a HUGE time sink for any alliance.

So I now am playing Guild Wars. So far I like it, quest are pretty good, fights are good if not marginaly quicker then I am used to. Its kind of like what dungion siege 2 should have been if you look at it from a single player perspective. Quest are every bit WoW quality, the land is fairly explorative but clearly not as much as MMORPGs. Best of all, I can usualy find people to play with at all times of the day.
jeffmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-06, 12:18 PM   #9
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
So I now am playing Guild Wars. So far I like it, quest are pretty good, fights are good if not marginaly quicker then I am used to. Its kind of like what dungion siege 2 should have been if you look at it from a single player perspective. Quest are every bit WoW quality, the land is fairly explorative but clearly not as much as MMORPGs. Best of all, I can usualy find people to play with at all times of the day.
Your opinions of Guild Wars are the same ones I use to have. However, once you hit lvl 20 there really isnt much to do and you hit lvl 20 so fast. The time it takes to hit lvl 20 in Guild wars is equal to what it takes you to get to lvl 10 on Everquest, and everquest has a what? lvl 70 limit? Guild Wars has SOOO much potential, its sad to see it go to waste with such a low lvl.
Old 05-04-06, 12:19 PM   #10
|MaguS|

I got bored with Guild Wars within a week... If im going to play a D2 type of game I will wait for Titans Quest or D3...
Old 05-04-06, 12:21 PM   #11
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

yea but hitting level 20 dosnt even come close to meaning you have won the game. You still need to obtain spells and abilities.. also guild wars is heavy pvp, and that is also something I like doing.
jeffmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-06, 12:22 PM   #12
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I got bored with Guild Wars within a week... If im going to play a D2 type of game I will wait for Titans Quest or D3...
D3? That will never happen as much as I want it to