Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-05-06, 06:35 AM   #1
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok
Default WoW South Park Episode

Well, I loved it. Reminded me of all the reasons I quit, and how sad it was to hang out with my old friends when all they would do is sit in the basement, playing WoW, barking acronyms at each other, having their parents bring down 3 squares a day. What did you guys think?
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 08:38 AM   #2
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: WoW South Park Episode

Well I've never met anyone with that bad a problem with the game but yeah it was a great episode. I loved how half the stuff they were saying made sense and the other half was complete nonsense. I was laughing my ass off the whole time.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 05:06 PM   #3
FearMeAll

that was probably my favorite episode...how do these guys keep nailing a point right on the head! I laughed my ass off. Damn Cartmen and the boys getting ridiculously out of shape and pimply and too stuck there to even go to the bathroom. I loved it.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-06, 09:55 AM   #4
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

As a wow player (even though I keep unsubscribing from it. ^^) I thought it was stupid funny. It blew everything to the extreme, much like we do all funny things in guild chat. However unlike namrok, it didnt remind me of anything, as no matter how much you suck at life, it dosnt quite get as bad as what those boys did (the other guy on the other hand..was spot on. ^^).

I'm shocked that the word "asshole" and the bathroom scene made it past the censors though. The latter was rather obscene.. It could have done with sound effects only. ^^
jeffmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 05:09 PM   #5
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMeAll
that was probably my favorite episode...how do these guys keep nailing a point right on the head! I laughed my ass off. Damn Cartmen and the boys getting ridiculously out of shape and pimply and too stuck there to even go to the bathroom. I loved it.
Cartman getting out of shape? Didn't know the new season started, will need to go download for that itself... Sounds similar to what happened in that ep with weight gain 2000

Hadn't seen it yet so can't comment on what's in the ep; but some peeps are bad like the person who came up to me the other night when I was at the Darnasus bank trying to look at something and kept trade window spamming me. And when they opened, my bank and what I was trying to look at closed. I closed it, and returned, and they kept opening it again, and again. Hell, wasn't even facing in their general direction to either see them comming or who it was.

Finally they spoke after several times of this, and their words...

Quote:
10 silver, I need! G1mee now!
Naturally, I'm not too endeared to them after the comming up behind me, trade window spamming me, and then ordering me to give them money. With the recent news of my father's death, I also wasn't in much of a mood to be ordered around by a trade window spammer; was a bit short, and perhaps showing a lil less patience then I normally would have, told him no, and to go out and earn it himself like the rest of us had to. He kept trying to treat me like his personal slave, ordering me to give him money while trying to justify how needy he is, and finally yelled "meanie, you high lvls always have a lot of money..." like he was owed...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 05:33 PM   #6
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
I'm shocked that the word "asshole" and the bathroom scene made it past the censors though. The latter was rather obscene.. It could have done with sound effects only. ^^
You can put whatever you want on cable tv. There are no restrictions whatsoever.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 06:19 PM   #7
russ_3d
museikal rtisdt

we were like

ewww

ewwwwwww

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

russ_3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-06, 01:42 AM   #8
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
You can put whatever you want on cable tv. There are no restrictions whatsoever.
There are restrictions and language like that and scenes like that one can only be done because.....

1.) The show airs late at night....at least in my neck of the woods. Anything past 10:00pm can have a few bad words but nothing to graphic.

2.) It is a cartoon and easier to let pass through then to have real people use foul language.

Sorry if you think anything goes on cable you must be mistake. If it's a premium channel like HBO I'd agree but even basic cable must adhere to certian goverment restrictions. There are a few in goverment who now want to censor premium cable channels and satellite radio because they dislike people like Howard Stern and shows like the Sapranos, Oz etc...
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-06, 03:26 AM   #9
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to zampe

South Park 1008@youtube.com
Old 10-14-06, 10:28 PM   #10
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTÖRHEAD
There are a few in goverment who now want to censor premium cable channels and satellite radio because they dislike people like Howard Stern and shows like the Sapranos, Oz etc...

time for a revolt
Old 10-16-06, 04:36 PM   #11
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTÖRHEAD
Sorry if you think anything goes on cable you must be mistake. If it's a premium channel like HBO I'd agree but even basic cable must adhere to certian goverment restrictions. There are a few in goverment who now want to censor premium cable channels and satellite radio because they dislike people like Howard Stern and shows like the Sapranos, Oz etc...
I think his point (though saying anything might have stretched it a bit), is that cable is less restricted then network television... There are a lot of things that can be shown, even on non-premimum channels, that I doubt ABC or NBC would be allowed to air... It also results in some anime shows and what not, being viewable on cable, that can be more graphic (though in many cases more related to violence), then one tends to see on network...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 04:57 PM   #12
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOT–RHEAD
There are restrictions and language like that and scenes like that one can only be done because.....
There are no restrictions on cabletv at all. The language censors they put on that show are completely voluntary. The south park guys even explained this in an episode they did where they said the word 'sh*t' without any censoring a hundred and some odd times. Remember stan saying that if you swear too much, then the words just lose all meaning.

Quote:
1.) The show airs late at night....at least in my neck of the woods. Anything past 10:00pm can have a few bad words but nothing to graphic.
It's on at 6:00PM here.

Quote:
2.) It is a cartoon and easier to let pass through then to have real people use foul language.

Sorry if you think anything goes on cable you must be mistake.
Alright, point out to me which law says its not allowed. You can't because currently the FCC only has censorship jurisdiction over public airwaves.

Some people in washington are attempting to change this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2005Mar1.html

Quote:
Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) told a group of broadcasters yesterday that he wants to extend that authority to cover the hundreds of cable and satellite television and radio channels that operate outside of the government's control.
Cable and Satellite providers do not operate over public airwaves, therefore the FCC can only regulate issues related to signal interference with them, and nothing more. Their content is completely out of bounds for the FCC. The south park guys can do whatever the hell they want and there is nothing that anybody can do to stop it.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Last edited by Rakeesh; 10-16-06 at 05:13 PM.
Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote