Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-12-06, 06:56 PM   #13
NrthnStar5

Default Re: *** Official EverQuest II Screenshot thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by memmy
well if a 7600 handles it perfect then it can't look that great.Not to say it doesn't look good,but I mean it can't look jaw dropping.
Unless you are running it with a crappy framerate.

I didn't mean perfect in that sense, i have lighting on max, shadows on(not all of them, environment, & character shadows), flora displacement, all textures on high quality. Outdoor zones run smooth, city as expected are not completly smooth, depends on where i am, but i dont' mind because it looks good. I have a P4 3.0 ghz, so if i had a better cpu the performance would be even better.
NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 07:10 PM   #14
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrthnStar5
I think EQ2 should recieve an award for how well it's grown and improved by leaps and bounds from launch and has now become the premier MMO out there.
Premier MMO? Maybe if the game hasn't been loosing subscibers since its launch that would be true.

Sad but true, the industry is, and probably will be, dominated by WoW for a LONG time to come.

I have put my trust in BioWare to make an MMO that doesn't, well, suck in so many ways that all of the MMO's today do.
Old 07-12-06, 08:30 PM   #15
nrdstrm

I always liked EQII's graphics. Even on my 3.0, 1GB, 6800GT. I played for a year (beta + launch), But I must say, Vanguard takes the graphics crown for MMO's atm. I'm not sure if it will when it's released, but right now imo it's substantially better than EQII...
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 08:34 PM   #16
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
I always liked EQII's graphics. Even on my 3.0, 1GB, 6800GT. I played for a year (beta + launch), But I must say, Vanguard takes the graphics crown for MMO's atm. I'm not sure if it will when it's released, but right now imo it's substantially better than EQII...
I know, Vangaurds looks amazing and they haven't even put enviromental shadows in the game yet, hehe.
Old 07-13-06, 12:01 AM   #17
lognoronon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Premier MMO? Maybe if the game hasn't been loosing subscibers since its launch that would be true.
Lowering subs from the game does not always mean the game is bad but some just may not like the direction it has taken or players decided to move on ect ect. EQ2 is head and shoulders above what it was at release and it is a solid game now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Sad but true, the industry is, and probably will be, dominated by WoW for a LONG time to come.
WOW is easy mode and is a good casual game and that's why so many people play it. EQ and EQ2 are the best MMORPG's out until Vanguard comes out (EQ has a rather large lead over EQ2 though).

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-06, 10:58 PM   #18
NrthnStar5

Old 07-14-06, 02:19 AM   #19
memmy
*BANNED*

Sad that it is dominated by wow sure is true.
I hate wow. It has such a blah generic blurry texture overated feel.
I havn't played eq2 but it looks better than wow to me.
Also I say guild wars,liniage2,rf online phantasy star online bb,and even auto assualt though a different kind of mmo all CRRRUSH wow.
I bought into wow cause of the hype and subscribed for a couple months and boy did it suck
world of warcraft has to be the most overrated video game in all of video gaming history!
It sux! Yuck! Hate it!
memmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-06, 10:52 AM   #20
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I'd like to play eq2 again but I just don;t wanna deal with the performance my pc will dish out for it. Unfortunally I can't afford to build a new one so I guess I'm stuck playing wow for a bit more while. It's an alright game but I tend to agree, it's graphically just blah and with the lack of different BG zones and new content it's just putting me to sleep.

I mean really, why can't they develope 15 BG zones. 5 for each of the diffent BG types. Can't tell me the funding isn't there, greedy lazy bitches.

Old 07-14-06, 12:28 PM   #21
Sgt_Pitt

oh im sorry you wanted instances ?

Old 07-14-06, 02:05 PM   #22
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

How is the pvp action in eq2? Is it still where only you can lock on to your target(like fighting the npcs when first realease) and no one can help you, heal you, etc? Is there world pvp. Can you post some pictures of pvp battles please..thanks
Old 07-14-06, 06:45 PM   #23
NrthnStar5

I just rolled a character on the pvp server... only level 12 and haven't had much action yet. From what I have heard though, the pvp is very good and very intense. Yes there is world pvp.
Old 07-14-06, 10:56 PM   #24
Sgt_Pitt

i dont play on pvp servers, it would be interesting though and tense im sure, always looking over your shoulder, but i raid a lot and dont have time for pvp.