Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-15-06, 11:41 AM   #25
memmy
*BANNED*

Default Re: *** Official EverQuest II Screenshot thread ***

Do you guys ever have any trouble conecting to eq2 servers?
I signed up a while back and tried over and over but couldnt connect,I don't know if they just had server troubles that week or what,But I have since sold my eq2 game,and am thinking about buying it again,But not if I am never going to be able to connect.
memmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-06, 06:28 PM   #26
Glus

There has not been a server trouble that lasted more than oh 8 hours, in past 12 months. The 8 hour or so downtimes happen only for big game updates about once a month. Then there are often 1 hour or so small patches starting at 9 am cst.
Glus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 06:05 PM   #27
MOTÖRHEAD

I just re-subbed to EQ2. The new changes to crafting ontop of the vast improvements made overall to the game are great ! WoW IMHO is now officially dead in my heart. Finally a EQ2 is begining to look like a real contender despite it being a little late at doing so. I played this game at launch and it is not the same game now but that is a good thing !

P.S. You guys don't play at those graphic levels I bet ? Doing so would make a for slide show on most mid-high end pc.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 06:12 PM   #28
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
I'd like to play eq2 again but I just don;t wanna deal with the performance my pc will dish out for it. Unfortunally I can't afford to build a new one so I guess I'm stuck playing wow for a bit more while. It's an alright game but I tend to agree, it's graphically just blah and with the lack of different BG zones and new content it's just putting me to sleep.

I mean really, why can't they develope 15 BG zones. 5 for each of the diffent BG types. Can't tell me the funding isn't there, greedy lazy bitches.
Pray that Warhammer Online ships on time. It is the game you will be drooling over if you are into PvP and want PvP as end game instead of lame arse raids.
Old 08-08-06, 06:14 PM   #29
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
How is the pvp action in eq2? Is it still where only you can lock on to your target(like fighting the npcs when first realease) and no one can help you, heal you, etc? Is there world pvp. Can you post some pictures of pvp battles please..thanks
I can tell you off hand from what I know that PvP in EQ2 allows for looting of some coin and items off people if they have a full inventory. On PvP servers you can attack people of the rival faction Freeport/Qeynos and city guards attack to kill you rather then teleport you as it was during luanch. That's all I know since I haven' rolled on a PvP server.
Old 08-18-06, 09:10 AM   #30
alindiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTÖRHEAD
...P.S. You guys don't play at those graphic levels I bet ? Doing so would make a for slide show on most mid-high end pc.
Yes I do

I have CPU AMD 3000 xp+ (32 bits) 1.5 go of ram , nforce2 onboard, GPU 7800Gs 256 Mb AGP

I play in the highest quality mode (with some setting even higher than default value from SOE setting).
I only reduce shadows when I am in full group or raid .

The minimun FPS is 7 (during battle if I keep the shadows activated) the maximum is 64 (somewhere in the thundering steps by example) , average is 20 to 25.(highest ,but it is not significant, was 107 looking the sky)

Nvidia driver setting are : high quality - anisotropic texture on 8 - aa desactivated.
Resolution is 1280x1024

This game is really the best MMORPG I have ever played and I am still in for a long time.

alindiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 10:40 PM   #31
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alindiras
Yes I do

I have CPU AMD 3000 xp+ (32 bits) 1.5 go of ram , nforce2 onboard, GPU 7800Gs 256 Mb AGP

I play in the highest quality mode (with some setting even higher than default value from SOE setting).
I only reduce shadows when I am in full group or raid .

The minimun FPS is 7 (during battle if I keep the shadows activated) the maximum is 64 (somewhere in the thundering steps by example) , average is 20 to 25.(highest ,but it is not significant, was 107 looking the sky)

Nvidia driver setting are : high quality - anisotropic texture on 8 - aa desactivated.
Resolution is 1280x1024

This game is really the best MMORPG I have ever played and I am still in for a long time.

I agree it is the best MMORPG out there right now. That is beside the point though. Your system is not even close to matching mine and even I don't run in extreme graphic settings. A AMD 3000 XP CPU and 1.5 gigs is not enough for EQ2 at the very highest graphic settings and your video card means very little unless you play beyond 1600x1200 resolution as the game is very CPU bound with anything at our below that resolution. I'd like to see FRAPS video or pics with your fps being shown of your preformance in game in areas like Qeynos Harbor or East Freeport and during combat and in raid encounters.
Old 09-01-06, 04:48 PM   #32
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

So, I signed back up and all I have to say is WOW! They really changed this game. Much more polished and actually feels like more of a finished product. When I left it, it was just a mess. Much more solo friendly now it seems, game mechanics seem more polished, controls a bit tighter. Granted I just got off a noob island but just from that quick experience it really seems like the game has went through a major overhaul.

So now, do I play a necro or a conjuror? lol.... I swinging a conjuror because I play on the good side with that. Necro seems cool, I just cannot get into the freeport atmosphere as much for some reason.

Old 09-02-06, 03:50 PM   #33
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
So, I signed back up and all I have to say is WOW! They really changed this game. Much more polished and actually feels like more of a finished product. When I left it, it was just a mess. Much more solo friendly now it seems, game mechanics seem more polished, controls a bit tighter. Granted I just got off a noob island but just from that quick experience it really seems like the game has went through a major overhaul.

So now, do I play a necro or a conjuror? lol.... I swinging a conjuror because I play on the good side with that. Necro seems cool, I just cannot get into the freeport atmosphere as much for some reason.
I like the way necro's pets look like IMHO but that is a personal choice and most of my toons ( save one in Qeynos that I use to purchase stuff from their broker ) are FP based so yeah am biased.

Crafting has been made into less of a chore with no sub-combines. All you have to do now is harvest the raws to make an item. Of course items require slightly more raws to make then before I think but don't qoute me on this for sure.

The rate at which you get rares has increased as well. The next big patch will bring in more xp for green and blue mobs which is a nice added bonus for solo/duo players along with re-adding new tradeskill crafting writs which were pulled out to be redone after the big tradeskill update.

I think EQ2 started at rock bottom but slowly but surely the game is moving on up with tons of lessons learned by the devs and SOE. Overall I am very happy playing this game which IMHO has more depth then WoW.
Old 09-02-06, 08:18 PM   #34
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Yea, I noticed while surfing the eq2 forums a ton of wow players migrating over to eq becasue the lack of end game and depth in wow. I feel the same way and I'm basically just a casual player that has end game experience(although casually). Don't get me wrong, wow is a great game but like mentioned just leaves something to be disired at endgame.

Well I actually decided against both necro and conjuror(got both to lvl 9). I decided to play a froglok warlock. They just seem to be rare in the game and I do love to dish out aoe, which I believe the lock excels at in this game. I have got him to lvl 12 and have a little feel for this class and am really enjoying it so I think I will stick with it. So many choices compared to wow though but knew it would be a mage type. Lock it is.

I'm on the RP(PVP) Server(forget name).

Name is Soso if anyone cares.
Old 09-21-06, 09:24 AM   #35
alindiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTÖRHEAD
I agree it is the best MMORPG out there right now. That is beside the point though. Your system is not even close to matching mine and even I don't run in extreme graphic settings. A AMD 3000 XP CPU and 1.5 gigs is not enough for EQ2 at the very highest graphic settings and your video card means very little unless you play beyond 1600x1200 resolution as the game is very CPU bound with anything at our below that resolution. I'd like to see FRAPS video or pics with your fps being shown of your preformance in game in areas like Qeynos Harbor or East Freeport and during combat and in raid encounters.
I have no fraps video, sorry.
In qeynos harbor, my FPS are from 7 to 16. In combat like I said, it is around 7 with more than 4 players in group.
There are several tunning clues to get good result with Eq2.
1) set a reasonnable amount of ligth more than 5 is not good in place with lot of ligths as qeynos harbor or mage tower
2) set a reasonnable amount of specular ligth . the effect of reducing this value can be check on the dock of the thundering step (during sunny day). You will notice no very big visual differences when reducing this value but noticeable difference on performance.
3)reduce number of spell display by character is usefull to increase fps in big combat (as raid) : I keep 8 in samll group (less than 3 players) and put 1 or even 0 in raid (0 display only your spells effects)
4)Texture maximum with 256Mo of Vram, high with 128 mo of vram
5)the shadow... with my 7800gs I always set all shadows in high quality. 7800gs (which have the same gpu as 7900gt on my vcard) render them without a big loss of performances.
6)hardware : to have 2 HD on for the system and one for Eq2
7)hardware : to have an real hardware 3d sound acceleration , because this is very important and have a great effect in raid where a lot of sounds are rendered in the same time. (integrated chipset 3d sound (exception of the nforce2) are not totally hardware accelerated sound and make a cpu usage to render sound)
8)to set a raisonnable amount of simultaneous sound according your 3d sound card possibilities.

you want to see ingame screenshot : check here http://edr.web-grim.com/galerie/thumbnails.php?album=36 (click on the pictures to get full size 1280x1024)

I did these screenshots yesterday in a combat with my guildmate . And it was not slide show.

In fact all is a matter of tunning with Eq2 and you have to pass a lot of time tunning to get the best result it is possible to get.
The performances of the pc are also very important. I get less performance on my wife pc which chipset is a VIA and not a nforce2 as mine.

Before I was playing eq2 with the same pc but a 6600gt, I played almost with the same Eq2 settings but not all shadows activated and texture was high and not on maximum.

And to conclude , yes A AMD 3000 XP CPU and 1.5 gigs IS enough for EQ2 at the very highest graphic settings ,I verify this each day I play EQ2.

Last edited by alindiras; 09-21-06 at 09:46 AM.
alindiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 01:04 PM   #36
Sgt_Pitt

some new ones from upcoming expansion Echoes of Faydwer