Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-05-03, 10:12 AM   #13
Spivey

Realy old string here but I have the same flashing issue with my GFFX 5900se with the Forceware 53 set. I'm going to try the 52's but since I'm sending the card back soon it doesnt matter to much, havent been able to get Newegg on the phone so I'm playing till I get my RMA number. This problem was much worse with my Radeon 8500 plus other graphics errors.
Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 04:07 PM   #14
gstanford

Why inflict VIA and their garbage chipsets upon yourselves? Sell your current motherboard and grab an nForce2 board. Even if you only get a budget single channel model you will notice the difference instantly.

Just recently changed my parents computer from KT133A, SB16 PCI, GF2MX400, 512MB SDRam, Duron 1.4Gig to my old Soltek K75MRN-L with integrated graphics and 1 512mb PC2700 DIMM, no PCI cards installed (everything else remained the same).

The speedup and increase in responsiveness/smoothness was obscene, especially when you consider the board isn't even operating in dual-channel mode and is utilizing the builtin graphics. Durons absolutely love the nForce2 chipset (the DASP works quite well for them due to the smaller L2 cache).
gstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-03, 09:16 AM   #15
Spivey

I'm 99% sure it's another hardware/software problem totaly independant of the video card. This is better news for my R 8500 also since there's probably not a thing wrong with it but I definatly am seeing a performance difference and the upgrade was overdue. Hehe, even the errors look better rendered. The next piece of hardware I get will definatly be an nForce 2 mobo and probably Abit. Will be a while before I buy another Asus (Asoose) product though so I'm going with Abit. Asus is more consistant with quality but there customer support does in fact suck as some of you may have read on the net ie: Anand. I was on hold with Asus long distance for 26 minutes then some dood gets on and asks my phone number and says they'll call me and I waited all day and never a call - f*** them. VIA chipsets are getting better (performance wise at least) I hear but nowhere near as good as nForce - lots of problems VIA. I use an Asus A7M266 right now, bought it when it came out... my computer was high tech and state of the art back then but it's gray haired and shaggy now. I would have posted my system setup in signature but been sort of ashamed - lol!
Old 12-09-03, 01:29 PM   #16
Spivey

Fixed by setting mobo bios to defualt so not sure what was wrong.
Old 02-02-05, 12:36 PM   #17
Quasi

Default Re: GeForce flashing triangles/textures

I think i got the same problem with flashing textures. I got a GeForce 4 MX4000 and made some screenshots of what this looks like.

The blurry looking parts keep flashing. If anyone has got an idea of what i can do please tell me!
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote