Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-09-06, 08:57 AM   #1
Hibbelharry

Default Something wrong with 87.xx Releases/XGL/NV17

Hello People,
I'm experiencing a bug with both 87.xx releases in both gentoo and ubuntu linux. I'm having some Dell Latitude C840 Notebooks around (same hardware as Inspiron 8200,P4M, Nv17 with 32MB). Drivers generally work for me, even if I see a slight performance hit with 87.xx drivers,okay so far. But when I run Xgl/compiz on any of these machines and open a new window by launching an application, parts of the screen go black and are not refreshed. This does not happen from the very beginning, but after around 2-10 minutes of usage. When this behaviour begins and I open up a window and resize it, everything is normal until it reaches a bigger size( around 3/4 of 1600x1200), then it turns black. Resizing the window under that size again, the window gets rendered properly again. I found this bug to be there in both gentoo and ubuntu. The bug is only visible with 87.56 and 87.62 , 81.78 and lower seem unaffected. I swapped xgl/compiz/mesa/kernel/other stuff versions a lot, but it never works with 87.xx. I'm able to use the same versions successful on my Desktop PC with GF6800, including 87.xx drivers. So this bug seems to only hit older cards with less memory ?

Anybody seen this too ? Any suggestions ?
I've attached a bug report. If more Information is needed,please post here.

Greetings
Wilken Haase
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (85.5 KB, 96 views)
Hibbelharry is offline   Reply With Quote