Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-08-03, 04:52 PM   #1
digitalwanderer

Default And the REAL big winner of the FX's failure is...

...none other than www.nvnews.net !

This place has been hopping ever since the abysmal reviews started coming out and the forums just seem to be getting more active as each new horrible bit of FX news comes out of nVidia.

Are we gonna see the ATI forum effect hit the nVidia world? I've always felt that the ATI sites were much more active than the nVidia sites, but mainly 'cause the ATI peeps needed so much more help than the nVidia peeps.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I wonder. :hmm:
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-03, 05:11 PM   #2
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

pfft with the price of it we wont be able to afford shoes

Edit: oh god I feel so dirty
Old 02-08-03, 05:33 PM   #3
volt

Default Re: And the REAL big winner of the FX's failure is...

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
...none other than www.nvnews.net !

This place has been hopping ever since the abysmal reviews started coming out and the forums just seem to be getting more active as each new horrible bit of FX news comes out of nVidia.

Are we gonna see the ATI forum effect hit the nVidia world? I've always felt that the ATI sites were much more active than the nVidia sites, but mainly 'cause the ATI peeps needed so much more help than the nVidia peeps.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I wonder. :hmm:
I don't know what do you mean by horrible bit of FX news coming out of nVidia.

I can't even remember the last time NVIDIA said anything offical about FX. We either get those 'news' in form of rumors or we simply speculate what's going to happen. NVIDIA has been uptight for the past few months: no official note on why was ultra cancelled, why the card simply sucks, why is it so late...the list goes on and on. I wonder why

I don't know what are they trying to achive by being in the stealth mode if you will. They seem to be very unfriendly based on the latest developments
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-03, 06:20 PM   #4
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: And the REAL big winner of the FX's failure is...

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
I can't even remember the last time NVIDIA said anything offical about FX. We either get those 'news' in form of rumors or we simply speculate what's going to happen.

You're right of course, my bad and my apologies. Would you prefer I say that all this nVidia rumor mongering and FUD has been good for www.nvnews.net?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-03, 07:04 PM   #5
volt

Default Re: Re: Re: And the REAL big winner of the FX's failure is...

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
You're right of course, my bad and my apologies. Would you prefer I say that all this nVidia rumor mongering and FUD has been good for www.nvnews.net?
Has it been good? No it hasnt. Considering how NV30 performed I doubt they would want to share more information

And don't be sorry or I'm gonna poke ya!
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote