Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-11-06, 10:51 PM   #37
Annihlist

Default Re: Prey Feedback Thread

I finished it. Be sure to stay after the credits for a surprise
Gigabyte K8N Pro - AMD 64 3400+ Clawhammer w/1mb cache @ 2.4ghz - Albatron 6800 ultra @ 442/1.23 - Sony DRU-700A - 200GB Western Digital 8mb cache - Creative Audigy 2 ZS - Mitsubishi Dimondplus 93sb - 1GB PC3200 3-3-8 generic ram at 220/2.9v(max O/C ) - OCZ 470W Power supply.
Annihlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 10:52 PM   #38
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
For the love of God, can somebody please tell me what to do here:

I for the life of me can't figure it out. That damn bird keeps going on top of the screen yet I can't comprehend what that has to do with anything. Spirit walking over to the other side does not open the door. I know this is one of those stupid things with a simple solution but eh...

if thats the part i think it is, you need to leave your body on one side then spirit walk across the "spirit bridge" heh, look up into the vent and fire an arrow at the gizmo that flips everything around. then when u get back to your body you should be able to jump down that vent and get to the other side and shoot the room shifter deal again. thats if that is the part i think it is.

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 10:56 PM   #39
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetFanBoy
if thats the part i think it is, you need to leave your body on one side then spirit walk across the "spirit bridge" heh, look up into the vent and fire an arrow at the gizmo that flips everything around. then when u get back to your body you should be able to jump down that vent and get to the other side and shoot the room shifter deal again. thats if that is the part i think it is.
Aaaaaaaahh! I cannot believe there was a vent above me that whole time! Didn't even bother to look up when I was on the other side.

Thanks for that though.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 11:10 PM   #40
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
Aaaaaaaahh! I cannot believe there was a vent above me that whole time! Didn't even bother to look up when I was on the other side.

Thanks for that though.
lol. np. i was stuck there too. jumping over to pipes, walking back and forth scratching my head. then something dawned on me to look up.

iPhone junkie...
Old 07-11-06, 11:13 PM   #41
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Awesome! Played a few hours, lots of fun. Taking a break right now
Old 07-11-06, 11:31 PM   #42
Clay

I'm enjoying it. I like the subtle tweaks it has like the spirit walk, death walk, etc. I thought that the gravity stuff was weird at first but the more I get into the game the more I like it.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 11:32 PM   #43
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

"its dark in here, im DOOMED." hehe

slight chance some of this might be considered spoilers.

well all i can say is ENTHRALLED. i cant recall the last time i got so caught up in a game. at first i was looking at the ways i could compare it to d3/q4, and i believe i missed out on a portion of the game doing so. (that's ok,i'm replaying in cherokee mode) but somewhere along the lines i completely forgot about those games, and it just became it's own game. very few games have pulled me into it's world, original half life being one, and the theif series always did a pretty good job. while i would'nt consider it "epic" like the o.g half life, it did a fine job of pulling me in.

i can't resist - flatout bitchen! (yea im a washed up skater dude) i think they timed it well pulling you away and into the spirit world. they also did a nice job of changing pace period. far from just tromping down corridors and hallways all game long. there are some bizarre puzzles (the "rubics" cube thing stumped me) but nothing too impossible or teeth nashing. awesome visuals, and i mean AWESOME. (and with that, i'm playing this on a low end sputtering system). the music i think is great. fits the mood of the particular setting, impressed. flying - yet again another cool thing. at one point i was cruising thru those tube deals, and it was like a matrix movie scene flashback. pretty neat. ahhhh and i got a kick out of watching, dodging and listening to the asteroids

i could go on, but then this would just be a big spoiler. the fact is, this is a shooter. there is no grappling, hangliding, spy suits, leg kicks, or tuck roll and fire moves. and if that's what your looking for, i'll still say i think your missing out.

my only disapointment is a story related deal. i got over that particular moment and moved on.

my play time was either 10:01 or 9:49. when i first finished it said 10:01. then when i re-opened the game it said 9:49. keep in mind tho i did check every lil corner and i found myself listening to the "art bell" radio transmissions from earth.(i actually skipped a quarter of the transmissions, once i got consumed by the game i wanted to hear what was going on "back" on earth) and of course i stopped and read what every monitor had on it (you know,the alien language that got transcoded)

im not sure if you have to watch the credits or you can press esc,(i watched them of course) but theres a lil goody at the end.

many thanks to 3drealms, humanhead and id. i had a blast.

iPhone junkie...
Old 07-12-06, 12:14 AM   #44
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

I dont think I've had such a blast since HL2 with a marathon FPS session. Prey manages to be fun while still being so straightforward. Brilliant.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-06, 12:19 AM   #45
Clay

It's hard to explain. My first reaction was that this was pretty corny and just a mish-mash of many different things. Somehow, though, it all really comes together pretty quickly. It's just fun. I can quickly tire of games but this one does have me interested enough to finish.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 02:06 AM   #46
Arioch

So how long of a singleplayer experience are we looking at here? I am sure some of you have finished it by now.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 02:24 AM   #47
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

About 7-8 hours, and I felt that I did move at a pretty brisk pace. I didn't stop to look around at all the environments. I'm replaying it on max difficulty and I'm going to take in the visuals this time
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
Old 07-12-06, 02:32 AM   #48
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Took a bunch of shots, enjoy!!