Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-12-06, 08:46 PM   #25
zodiaK
Another jaded gamer.

Default Re: Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines ...FPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
A sequel would be great, but have the huge time passage like in Redemption. That way you could have the Oblivion style gameplay in the past, and a more Bloodlines/HL2/Sin style for the present.
I highly doubt there'll be a sequel anytime soon. Activision still has the license last I checked and they aren't very interested in another Vampire title, especially how they treated the last one.
Old 07-12-06, 10:37 PM   #26
K007

Its a good game thats true. So far i am enjoying it. It looks good too, like apart from funny looking character model movements (lol) the game still looks good.

So far i like it. But its sad to see the fps drop to 30s outside ><..its not all the time its just a bit dodgy.

Also AA is kinda messed up. If i enable AA via the control panel and then run the game, the console is a bit missed up letters and stuff is a bit off, and the game engine dosen't have AA control in the game, but i ran it on 1280x1024(not sure why 960 isen't there :/) but when i ran it at that ress with no aa/app control in the CP it was pretty smooth..like i cauldn't notice the jaggy in it..i think the game might have some option in it by default it enables AA.

But yea its a good game, good decent graphics even for now day and story so far is intresting.

Also the game is pretty cheap now.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 10:42 PM   #27
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Shallow gameplay?!?! Yeah... you didn't play it then...
Thanks for that, like I said I played it and gave it a good shot. I really disliked the combat, weapons were useless at low skill levels, melee combat was horrible. Some of the locations just seemed so boring and stagnate and most of the dialog choices resulted in the same response anyway which is why I say it's shallow. It had the jack of all trades syndrome like many think deus ex had. But yeah I'm jaded because I bought the game based on positive feedback like this.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-06, 12:16 AM   #28
zodiaK
Another jaded gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr
Thanks for that, like I said I played it and gave it a good shot. I really disliked the combat, weapons were useless at low skill levels, melee combat was horrible. Some of the locations just seemed so boring and stagnate and most of the dialog choices resulted in the same response anyway which is why I say it's shallow. It had the jack of all trades syndrome like many think deus ex had. But yeah I'm jaded because I bought the game based on positive feedback like this.
Not to be an asshole, but how far did you get before you quit playing?
Old 07-13-06, 12:28 AM   #29
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr
At 80% on gamerankings, the game is overrated.
The game is not overrated just because you think it is. If anything, this goes to show your lack of taste in games.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-06, 01:20 AM   #30
CaptNKILL
CUBE

God damn, why do people always have to pull out the "you have poor taste" card any time someone says something they dont agree with? It drives me NUTS.

Saying that does nothing except cause an argument.

There are far better ways to talk about things like this than to barf out the first flame-inducing comment that pops into your head.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-06, 01:24 AM   #31
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiaK
Not to be an asshole, but how far did you get before you quit playing?
To be honest I can't recall exactly. I'm pretty sure I completed Santa Monica and nearly finished Downtown along with the side quests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
The game is not overrated just because you think it is. If anything, this goes to show your lack of taste in games.
I think it's overrated, when I post impressions on games I've voicing my opinion.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-06, 01:26 AM   #32
K007

Well captn. If you like KOTR and Oblivion, you wont be dissapointed with Vampire bloodlines. Again I played KOTRII first and Oblivion and Vampire Bloodlines (never played otherone), and so far i love all 3 of the games..KOTR will have to be my favourite so far.

Plus the game is cheap now, i saw it over here in AUS for 20AU

PS: The game looks still great thx to the HL2 Engine. The only problem is the random slowdowns in city areas..kinda like oblivion but not really that bad..its ok. And the annoying character models in cutscenes..i mean..jesus..i fell of my chair laughing when i saw one of the first parts where my main guy was moving like a retard.

Old 07-13-06, 05:58 AM   #33
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Gameplay wise I wouldnt say this game shined(sp?) in any particular way.
What kept me going was the story, and that is why I love this game.

Even on my 6600gt it ran ok (mind you I am not used to high frame rates in any game, so take it lightly), and the only bug that was showstopping for me was the one who caused the game to "not progress" after you save that german professor... Luckily a patch solved that.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-06, 06:07 AM   #34
K007

Yea i like the story. Also alot of replay value. I went through pretty much all the classes in the first area to just get a feel of what i wanna play as..and those melk(or something) Guys are the best..
Old 07-13-06, 06:30 AM   #35
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Malkavian? those are my favorite too
Old 07-13-06, 10:02 AM   #36
Rakeesh

I loved the melee combat in this game. I played this game as a gengrel and didn't really use any firearms throughout the whole game, except for the flamethrower in certain parts.

BTW that werewolf was badass

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote