Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-06, 12:46 PM   #1
grey_1

Default Why so much hostility?

Any one else noticing a definite upward trend in the amount of outright attacks in the forums lately? How much does it cost someone to choose to be civil instead? Or is it all my sensitive whittle imaginaShun getting carried away?

Thoughts? This is a kick-ass hardware forum, I for one would love to see it remain as such.

Old 07-14-06, 12:59 PM   #2
ViN86

Default Re: Why so much hostility?

well, the politics/religion forum has always been that way. i mean, people cant win debates so they end up attacking the person instead of the issue. it happens though.

but UDawg and Mastermuncher, man i love watchin those guys go at it. its awesome to see them pull facts out and just downright debate. then they throw in personal attacks for a little humor. its great
Old 07-14-06, 01:04 PM   #3
nrs421

not really....the only attacks i've noticed are in the politics and religion forum
Old 07-14-06, 01:27 PM   #4
Darth Rancid
DeltaChromeF1

The political forum became a battleground some years ago, and will most likely remain so until the Dalek Invasion wipes out the human race...

I have observed some attacks in the hardware forums too, but they were from some new member who got promptly banned for his atrocities...
Old 07-14-06, 02:16 PM   #5
Clark Kent

What I don't understand is why the atheists throw such tantrums whenever a discussion about religion is held. Why do they care. I thought that the whole idea about atheithism is to not believe and concern yourself with anything that you can't have a firm grasp of ("A ghostly man who doesn't show himself"). Mind you those guys, I believe, do not even have a firm grasp of science but still they profess ABSOLUTE faith in its ability to explain anything.
Old 07-14-06, 03:45 PM   #6
grey_1

Yeah the political and religious forums do get the brunt of it, just seems even folks in the drivers/gaming even general hardware forums are getting Nasty on occasion. Well, I'm sure it comes and goes...

Old 07-14-06, 03:47 PM   #7
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
Not unlike people's ABSOLUTE faith in a "Ghostly man who doesn't show himself"

Pot. Meet kettle.
I would not pray to a kettle any more than you'll admit your a liberalnadian...Oops, did I say that out loud!!!! j/k

Edit: don't ban me please

Old 07-14-06, 04:29 PM   #8
MikeC
Administrator

We don't moderate the Politcal Forums is why they get so bad at times. It's enter at your own risk. I do go in at times if neccesary but only if I get complaints. During launches (not just NVIDIA's) we get a lot of traffic that moves through. Some are rude and sometimes regular members get wacked out. Things will settle down soon. Anyone can PM if they are having a problem in the forums. I will do my best to solve the problem.

Old 07-14-06, 04:33 PM   #9
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
We don't moderate the Politcal Forums is why they get so bad at times. It's enter at your own risk. I do go in at times if neccesary but only if I get complaints. During launches (not just NVIDIA's) we get a lot of traffic that moves through. Some are rude and sometimes regular members get wacked out. Things will settle down soon. Anyone can PM if they are having a problem in the forums. I will do my best to solve the problem.
Thanks for the reply MikeC.

Old 07-14-06, 04:52 PM   #10
|MaguS|

MikeC, You need more mods/admins!

Old 07-14-06, 05:40 PM   #11
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
MikeC, You need more mods/admins!
I hope your not alluding to yourself.

Anything remotely anti-Sony/anti-EA would ever see the light of day. I don't think you could be trusted with that kind of power to be honest.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 07-14-06, 05:54 PM   #12
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
I hope your not alluding to yourself.

Anything remotely anti-Sony/anti-EA would ever see the light of day. I don't think you could be trusted with that kind of power to be honest.
I thought MaguS liked Sony and EA?

Closed Thread