Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-06, 08:03 PM   #13
grey_1

Default Re: Why so much hostility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
LOL I would never ban anyone for taking a shot at me. If I did, there would be none of you bastards left; the forums would be empty.
Lol

Old 07-14-06, 08:07 PM   #14
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread

What kind of ****in' idiot posts a stupid ****in' thread like this ****? I mean c'mon FFS! Stop your ****in' bitchin', suck it up or STFU! These pussy ass mother****ers that can't handle a little hostility is what is making America the unGodly, soft-soled place it is today. Go **** yourself, you little ****tard!

(You mean stuff like that? I'm j/k by the way. Seriously, it was a joke. Please don't hit the ban button? I love you guys! (in the most non-gay way possible)
Old 07-14-06, 08:40 PM   #15
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLippe
What kind of ****in' idiot posts a stupid ****in' thread like this ****? I mean c'mon FFS! Stop your ****in' bitchin', suck it up or STFU! These pussy ass mother****ers that can't handle a little hostility is what is making America the unGodly, soft-soled place it is today. Go **** yourself, you little ****tard!

(You mean stuff like that? I'm j/k by the way. Seriously, it was a joke. Please don't hit the ban button? I love you guys! (in the most non-gay way possible)
That wasn't supposed to be hostile was it? Stick with the girly pics ya amatuer!

Old 07-15-06, 01:59 AM   #16
Zelda_fan

The P/F forum is a battlegrounds. If you can't take the heat then stay out. No one's gonna take it easy on you in there.

Otherwise I try to take it easy on people in most other forums. I get railed up in the console forums pretty often, but other than that I'm a pretty nice guy.

Except for Gib. I always take a "shot" (pun intended) at that guy every chance I get.
Old 07-15-06, 03:03 AM   #17
grey_1

I should have been more specific in my OP, I wasn't referring to the p/r forums. I expect that there. Follow some of the threads under drivers, gaming, general hardware. Been some real idiots posting lately.

As for this thread, some seem to be having fun with it so why not?

Old 07-15-06, 11:19 AM   #18
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
I thought MaguS liked Sony and EA?
Exactly. He would delete any posts that would put Sony or EA in a bad light.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 07-15-06, 11:34 AM   #19
Eerde

It's true OP.

I know of one forum hyscience/Harry he has a very good way to deal with this.
1. He is a moderator
But beter
2. Posts are normally started like this;

Dear Harry,
I disagree with you post b/c of the following reasons... etc.

Gets as aswer;

Dear Eerde,
I can see you point but...... etc.

=====

If the main players on a forum start with a very civil "Dear XYZ" it becomes much harder to post 'ad honiem' or even for trolls to get a grip on a forum.

just my $0.02 worth....
OpenSuSE 11.0 - KDE 4.2 | AMD Quadcore Phenom 9550 | 4GB RAM | HDD's 1x75GB WD Raptor + 2x160GB | nVidia Geforce 8300 + 8500GT | SamSung SyncMaster 245b | DVD+DVDwriter lightscribe | Philips ToUcam pro II 740 | HP PSC 2355 | Logitec wireless kb+mouse+noise boxes | USB HDD's 40+160+160GB | Fuji Finepix 7000 camera | SpeedTouch 780 -VoIP router | Nokia N95 | SuSE sinds 2001 | XS4ALL ADSL 8000 Kbit.
Old 07-15-06, 02:30 PM   #20
ruziel

should shut down the politics and religion forum imo. It's just a bunch of angry people taking the internet way to seriously

Old 07-15-06, 02:55 PM   #21
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruziel
should shut down the politics and religion forum imo. It's just a bunch of angry people taking the internet way to seriously
The internet is just a tool for communication. If anything the Politics and Religion section is proof of it's success.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 07-15-06, 09:20 PM   #22
grey_1

Quote:

The internet is just a tool for communication. If anything the Politics and Religion section is proof of it's success.
LoL, great isn't it?

Old 07-16-06, 09:56 AM   #23
retsam

Quote:
why not just shut down the whole site because it might offend somebody....
Old 07-16-06, 01:22 PM   #24
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent
What I don't understand is why the atheists throw such tantrums whenever a discussion about religion is held. Why do they care. I thought that the whole idea about atheithism is to not believe and concern yourself with anything that you can't have a firm grasp of ("A ghostly man who doesn't show himself"). Mind you those guys, I believe, do not even have a firm grasp of science but still they profess ABSOLUTE faith in its ability to explain anything.
Atheists amuse me. They exercise faith every day. Driving down the road they have faith that the strip of paint dividing the two lanes will be adhered to by some slack-jawed moron hopped up on meth. I find that far more ridiculous and flawed than someone believing in God. They fancy themselves as being clever though...far too educated and advanced than to believe in anything but themselves.
Closed Thread