Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-06, 11:20 AM   #1
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

I mean really? How long has it been since a REAL MMORPG has come out? DnD is laughable because of how bad it is. WOW is terrible. Even the WoW fanboi's are quitting it now. EQ2 is terrible. Horizon's was probably the most hyped peice of crap I have ever seen. Lineage 2 got boring fast. Dark Age of Camelot was fun at one point, but its old. To be honest, the only game out there is EQ1 and I'm sick of playing on a 7 year old game. Why are the only 2 MMORGP games in HISTORY to be at least decent older than dirt?

What MMORPG games are there to look forward to? Now is prime time for SOME kind of company to step up. Vanguard is still a WAYS away from being complete. What else is out there other than Vanguard? I've been pretty much MMORPG-less for the past 4-5 years(other than trying a game a quitting soon after).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 04:18 AM   #2
lognoronon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 264
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

I know what you mean. I still play EQ1 because it's the best MMORPG on the market IMO and been playing it since summer of 1999. Vanguard is the only thing I see on the horizon that interests me (only after checking it out at E3).
__________________
System

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 05:38 AM   #3
nrdstrm
 
nrdstrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 1,677
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

I'm pretty much only watching Vanguard atm. There are plenty on the horizon, but none that would satisfy a EQ1 or UO fan....
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 07:33 AM   #4
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

Just play Vanguards... I mean... um...

/runs off
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 11:28 AM   #5
Hex
Oh smeg...
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 523
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

PVP has put some new life into EQ2 for now until something better comes along.
Middle Earth Online looks interesting as long as they learn from the DDO mistakes. Warhammer is where I am putting my hope right now unless a good sci fi themed MMO pops up soon.
__________________
Intel Core Duo Q6600, nVidia GeForce GTX 280 , 8 Gig DDR2, X-FI Gamer, Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP , Logitech G15, Razer Diamondback Plasma, Windows Vista 64 Ultimate
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 11:47 AM   #6
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

EQ2 pvp is one of the worst systems out there. Still has huge imbalance issues between classes.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 12:27 PM   #7
UDawg
Retired spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,799
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
I mean really? How long has it been since a REAL MMORPG has come out? DnD is laughable because of how bad it is. WOW is terrible. Even the WoW fanboi's are quitting it now. EQ2 is terrible. Horizon's was probably the most hyped peice of crap I have ever seen. Lineage 2 got boring fast. Dark Age of Camelot was fun at one point, but its old. To be honest, the only game out there is EQ1 and I'm sick of playing on a 7 year old game. Why are the only 2 MMORGP games in HISTORY to be at least decent older than dirt?

What MMORPG games are there to look forward to? Now is prime time for SOME kind of company to step up. Vanguard is still a WAYS away from being complete. What else is out there other than Vanguard? I've been pretty much MMORPG-less for the past 4-5 years(other than trying a game a quitting soon after).
I still like WoW. How long can a person play one game?

I have a idea. If you don't like the games the SHUT YOUR WHINNEY LIBEAL PIE-HOLE. CUS NO ONE CARES

all said with love, of course.


Besides WoW you are right. All the other mmos out there blow balls. I think we have just seen it all before and we need something dramatically different to satisfy us.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 12:27 PM   #8
UDawg
Retired spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,799
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex
PVP has put some new life into EQ2 for now until something better comes along.
Middle Earth Online looks interesting as long as they learn from the DDO mistakes. Warhammer is where I am putting my hope right now unless a good sci fi themed MMO pops up soon.
Warhammer looks like a cheap WoW.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-06, 12:40 PM   #9
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I still like WoW. How long can a person play one game?
I played EQ1 for 5+ years...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 01:24 PM   #10
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

WoW was great. Just too addictive so I stopped playing it.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 04:41 PM   #11
slick
Play with conviction.
 
slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 951
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex
PVP has put some new life into EQ2 for now until something better comes along.
Middle Earth Online looks interesting as long as they learn from the DDO mistakes. Warhammer is where I am putting my hope right now unless a good sci fi themed MMO pops up soon.

Tabula Rasa.
__________________
Intel C2D E8400 Wolfdale | 4GB (2 x 2GB) G.Skill DDR2 1066 | Sapphire Toxic HD4850 @ stock OC | Asus P5Q | PC Power and Cooling Silencer 610w | Cooler Master Centurion 543+ | Sennheiser HD555
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 06:44 PM   #12
lognoronon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 264
Default Re: Will a decent MMORPG come out already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
How long can a person play one game?
Been playing EQ1 since May of 99 and it's still the best game of it's type out there until Vanguard comes out.
__________________
System

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.